SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

I agree Doug at NPC he's the best, great to deal with very knowledgeable, I'm glad to have him as one of our main sponsors.

When this thing gonna be running Cal?

Yeah the build can blow out real easy next thing you know a year has gone by, the GTR lives on the car hoist, only time it comes off it either a drag meet or a wash, and you count the number of times on one hand :woot:

Mine isnt that far off :P

2 months without driving it and im having major withdrawals. The only harder bits now are making the intake and sorting out the catch can.

Motor will go in as soon as the clutch gets back. Then the little shit can get done. Im planning to turn the key when im home after this stint at work

Yeah its been about 3yrs since I drove a decent car on the street too Jono. The last time I drove my R33 GTR on street was about 3yrs ago then I sold it, the 350Z about 18months ago wasn't that fast so no big loss there. Drove the R32 GTR on the street about 2yrs ago, it was ridiculous fun but dangerous and I did drove Richards 320KW Supra on Monday was fun but could use its full potential. To put it this way I will not be buying a street car anytime soon. They are so impractical and low, noisy and all the other bullshit that goes with it, Campbell's new laws the list goes on. I'll stick to my big jacked up FJ Cruiser for the street and continue on with my Race car. I will get more enjoyment driving my track car 3 times a year around a track or at the drag strip then I would driving it every week around town looking over my shoulder waiting for the Cops to arse rape me.

Each to their own I guess, but there will come a time when these new laws f**k it for everyone and every street car with have rollcages in them and you be taking them to the track.

Yeah its been about 3yrs since I drove a decent car on the street too Jono. The last time I drove my R33 GTR on street was about 3yrs ago then I sold it, the 350Z about 18months ago wasn't that fast so no big loss there. Drove the R32 GTR on the street about 2yrs ago, it was ridiculous fun but dangerous and I did drove Richards 320KW Supra on Monday was fun but could use its full potential. To put it this way I will not be buying a street car anytime soon. They are so impractical and low, noisy and all the other bullshit that goes with it, Campbell's new laws the list goes on. I'll stick to my big jacked up FJ Cruiser for the street and continue on with my Race car. I will get more enjoyment driving my track car 3 times a year around a track or at the drag strip then I would driving it every week around town looking over my shoulder waiting for the Cops to arse rape me.

Each to their own I guess, but there will come a time when these new laws f**k it for everyone and every street car with have rollcages in them and you be taking them to the track.

Couldn't agree more - I am considering a Toyota Prado, trailer, and R32 GTR set up for time attack.

Maybe an R34 GTR In the garage for those sunday afternoon drives, it would be stock and not super low of course.

I'm really hoping these guys sort out the policing mess that the Newman state government has put us in.

Yep that's the go, get a 4wd and a Trailer and buy a cheap race car, way more fun and you will learn new skills. A sunday driver car would be nice to have but that money could be invested in my Time Attack car ;) .

I can't wait to enter my first Time attack race.

I'm really hoping these guys sort out the policing mess that the Newman state government has put us in.

I'm talking to a few people about this to try and ensure that we don't get anally destroyed.

The concensus has been that they are seeking to take dangerous cars off the road and this includes imports that are unsafely modified. With the fact that imports are becoming cheaper and easily identifiable, it means that idiots will get behind the wheel of them. Just because you get pulled over, doesn't mean that you're going to have your rectum penetrated with a night stick. The problem, from what I hear of my sources, is that the media encourage hooning = import drivers. No Australian wants to see a Holden or Ford associated with hooning because their Aussie icons. Because the story sells, people believe that it's all import drivers who are hoons. This doesn't appear to be the police depts veiw on things though.

I'd definitely come down and help out if there was anything I could do!

Did you watch this I tagged you in last night Ben?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_1QEFdHSps

Haha yeah I did watch it some crazy cars and even crazier drivers in that video, no room for error that's for sure.

I never thought about it that way but it definitely seems right on the money when you put it in that perspective

Damn media and their expansive grasp over the public.

It's at times like this that I'm happy that my Super is invested in big corporations that people love to hate. :P

It doesn't matter what car you drive weather its a holden, ford or Rice burner, the cops will pull you over regardless, if you have prior offenses related to hooning activity then you will pretty much screwed. Imports cars cop the main brunt of the force due to their association with illegal street racing (Thanks to movies like Fast N Furious not to mention the Video Games). Drifting also Import car based sport. Time attack again the same. Imports are starting to dominate all forms of motorsport, they are becoming increasing popular and cheaper which means any retarded f**k wit can get there hands on one. Going out on cruises every Thursday night doesn't help the cause either and having gatherings in the Macca's carpark or shopping centre's creating noise and upsetting the peace. Anytime I see a group of imports driving around I think to myself they are up to no good, I know that because back when I was 18,19 with my GTR I know exactly what goes on at these type of shin digs. We f**k ourselves over as far as I'm concerned, it's not to bad here in Mackay, but the stories I here about what goes on in the major Cities like Brisbane it's no wonder these laws came in to stop the madness. That's my 2 cent anyways.

It doesn't matter what car you drive weather its a holden, ford or Rice burner, the cops will pull you over regardless, if you have prior offenses related to hooning activity then you will pretty much screwed. Imports cars cop the main brunt of the force due to their association with illegal street racing (Thanks to movies like Fast N Furious not to mention the Video Games). Drifting also Import car based sport. Time attack again the same. Imports are starting to dominate all forms of motorsport, they are becoming increasing popular and cheaper which means any retarded f**k wit can get there hands on one. Going out on cruises every Thursday night doesn't help the cause either and having gatherings in the Macca's carpark or shopping centre's creating noise and upsetting the peace. Anytime I see a group of imports driving around I think to myself they are up to no good, I know that because back when I was 18,19 with my GTR I know exactly what goes on at these type of shin digs. We f**k ourselves over as far as I'm concerned, it's not to bad here in Mackay, but the stories I here about what goes on in the major Cities like Brisbane it's no wonder these laws came in to stop the madness. That's my 2 cent anyways.

I agree with you completely. The other side is, there are idiots driving Fords and Holdens who are also feeling the brunt of the law. The primary difference is, this doesn't get advertised as much.

Due to the culture surrounding imports, the general belief is that imports are racing weapons that club baby seals. The general public don't want to beleive that kids in Commos and Falcons are doing this and this is what the media feeds off. When I say media, I mean the likes of TT and ACA.

To give you an example:

A few weeks ago my Partner was dropping her kid off at Kindy. She was in her R34 GT-V (4 door, NA, Auto) at the time when a kindy mum asked her if she was a hoon because she drove an imported car. Reason that she asked was because there was an article on TT the night before talking about Skylines. Chants denied that she drives like that and the kindy mum said that the car in the article was different. Chants pulled up a pic of a VL on her phone and the kindy mum immediately recognised the rear as that of the car in the article. She was gobsmacked and didn't want to beleive it.

Shit like this, doesn't help. Add on to this that there are kids doing stupid shit in these cars, it doesn't help us at all.

Tl;dr - I agree with you mate. It's just BS that the whole truth of the matter doesn't get publicised.

This is why ive tried to keep the 33 as legal and nice as possible. Realistically I should have left it with stock manifold etc but im pushing a kiddle ground

Generally if your car is in order and you arent an asshole to the cop they will be nice.

The 33 will only be a daily for another 8 months or so after which it will probably just be a weekender or when I feel like driving it. Im not terribly worried about the laws atm. But that could change

And yes withdrawals after 2 months. I like driving my car far to much lol. So much nicer then a VS ute

Yep that's the go, get a 4wd and a Trailer and buy a cheap race car, way more fun and you will learn new skills. A sunday driver car would be nice to have but that money could be invested in my Time Attack car ;) .

I can't wait to enter my first Time attack race.

u building a time attack car now ??

u building a time attack car now ??

Yeah that's the plan, A new R32 GTR Drag car chassis is getting built and the old chassis will be sitting there not being used going to waste so I thought this was an opportune moment to use it for Time Attack. The car is perfectly setup for it already just have to change a few things. I shall call it The R35 slayer, I told Spencer I am going to beat his car ;) .