SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

I was extremely bored today, so I was looking through all my old car photo albums, and stumbled across this classic picture. Back in the day when I was first year apprentice with all the Xstrata Boys, good times hey Kingy? ;)

199808_5747288484_7176_n.jpg

F***ing hooligans :P

I'm chasing an AAC/IACV for my car if anyone has one. The GTR and RB25 ones are different I think so will need to be off an RB25 probably. Let me know if anyone has one.

Car's lost its nose now:

20130915_155626_zpsc4dbc10c.jpg

I was extremely bored today, so I was looking through all my old car photo albums, and stumbled across this classic picture. Back in the day when I was first year apprentice with all the Xstrata Boys, good times hey Kingy? ;)

199808_5747288484_7176_n.jpg

you look very pleased with yourself in this picture lol

Yeah Sean I had fun that day.

Packing the FJ now for the long journey to Jambo. Gonna have to leave bright and early. It will be a slow trip towing the Caravan. Maybe Kingy and I could join the grey nomad society and sit on 80km/h and don't let anyone pass us :banana:

Yeah Sean I had fun that day.

Packing the FJ now for the long journey to Jambo. Gonna have to leave bright and early. It will be a slow trip towing the Caravan. Maybe Kingy and I could join the grey nomad society and sit on 80km/h and don't let anyone pass us :banana:

You need to buy a 20ft caravan and tow it with a AU falcon to get into the grey nomad club.. f**k those people frustrate me so much on the highway!

Big congrats to RBE/the Earl family on the world record run at Jambo.

Amazing to think a small place like Mackay has produced an awesome result like this.

oh wow! That's excellent news! What was the time?

Cheers guys,

It was a great result for the weekend of racing, got another world record under the belt and the car survived with no breakages.

The car done 2 x 8secs passes for the weekend Sat done a 8.54 and Sun got a 8.39. Both runs were done in the morning, the track was very unpredictable losing and gaining grip through out the day making it hard for us to adapt the tune for the conditions. We couldn't piece together a perfect run as the car is quite capable of a 7.9 sec pass but we only had to go faster than 8.47 to get the world record. Still extremely happy with the 8.39sec @ 164mph with 1.30 sec 60ft.

Next goal is to go for a 7's with the same setup and make it harder for the next pour bastard to break it.

A big thanks to the RBE crew this week, The King brothers Matt and Andrew, Dave Sheehy and Mark Jacobsen for all the help couldn't have done it with out you's guys. + friends and family that cheered us on.

Looking forward to next year.

Will take a week to sort out video's and pictures, got some awesome footage to edit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Engine news....

Upgraded to a VH45 throttle body. Direct fit on the Greddy manifold and quite a bit bigger than standard throttle body:

20131010_123639_zps8837c716.jpg

And thanks to Leon the bung for the IAT sensor is welded into the manifold now. Going to start painting it this afternoon so should look a bit nicer then :)

20131010_130452_zpsb6ae9ca7.jpg