SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

Ive got a link G4 sitting in a box waiting to go in :)

Was just looking for the stock ECU brackets because I think mine have disappeared off the ECU. Think I tried to fit them to the power fc but didnt work so they got seperated. Not to sure. Was going to pick some up from a guy but I was busy then txt him a few days later and havent heard back

Ive been doing some wiring the last 2 days. The results of wiring gauges etc in at different stages meant there was alot of messy shit everywhere. I used a crimp joiner to put my wideband gauge in without even bothering to fuse it so now ive fixed all that. Just need to find a constant power for my oil pressure gauge and connect it up then it will pretty much be right

We've made up some pipes for the coolant so we can tee off to the turbo and wastegate then tee it back together in the return. Not sure how necessary it is to water cool the tial gate but at leasti should never have to worry about it

Had thought about painting the intercooler pipes silver. Think it would look heaps better. But im getting to close to engine in that I dont think I can be bothered.

Ive got a link G4 sitting in a box waiting to go in :)

Was just looking for the stock ECU brackets because I think mine have disappeared off the ECU. Think I tried to fit them to the power fc but didnt work so they got seperated. Not to sure. Was going to pick some up from a guy but I was busy then txt him a few days later and havent heard back

Ive been doing some wiring the last 2 days. The results of wiring gauges etc in at different stages meant there was alot of messy shit everywhere. I used a crimp joiner to put my wideband gauge in without even bothering to fuse it so now ive fixed all that. Just need to find a constant power for my oil pressure gauge and connect it up then it will pretty much be right

We've made up some pipes for the coolant so we can tee off to the turbo and wastegate then tee it back together in the return. Not sure how necessary it is to water cool the tial gate but at leasti should never have to worry about it

Had thought about painting the intercooler pipes silver. Think it would look heaps better. But im getting to close to engine in that I dont think I can be bothered.

are you chsing the bracket for the ecu cal. ive got a spare at home

yeah ill send a pic to you.

Thanks for the pic yesterday man

Turns out that when I put the Power FC in, I tried to use the stock brackets on the Power FC, but when that didnt work I bolted them into the car and have been sitting the Power FC in the brackets since then.

Bit of a silly one that one lol........

Pretty much done all the wiring bar the MAP sensor and wiring the wideband into the link now. So just about ready to chuck the dash back in. Dad's going to clean up the rest of the bay for me while I'm at work so next week when I get back it should be engine in time.... Finally :)

I should really start a build thread......

Sorted the brackets out for the ECU, turns out my Power FC was in the opposite way to the standard one, but it worked

20131029_134056_zps52827910.jpg

Got most of the dash back together, just gotta finish wiring up the launch control switch

Spliced the Analog out wire from my wideband into the ECU today, Hate cutting wires at the ECU plug lol.... Hopefully it works a treat

20131029_163601_zps7daff4eb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Get off night shift and decide to build brackets. Only problem is I started out wanting to build an oiler cooler bracket.

Doubt this will ever break. My MAP sensors used to be held to the throttle cable bracket with zip ties, so this is a bit nicer :P

20131106_173135_zpsaf76fc5c.jpg

20131106_172943_zpsde1fffd0.jpg

This thread is my build thread now to BTW.......

Bens to busy playing with Toyotas lately :P

Nah ill do a build thread when its done probably. Still trying to sell my turbo kit to. If anyone here wants it or has a mate that wants it then ill do a deal. I have $1200 on it atm

Dont want to have to post it if I can help it

I want to bring it down to Bris, but will be a while before that will happen. Have to do alot of testing and let the thing run for a bit

Be a shame if it blew up, let alone half-way to Brisbane lol

Oil Pressure gauge installed. Have run out of room on the A-Pillar, and seen as I wont be looking at it as much It's mounted low. Dash has also been freshly painted. Its a bit of a lighter silver, more of a metallic grey, Bit nicer then full silver although it looks pretty silver in the photo:

IMG_0908_zps9bd89702.jpg

And a shot of the engine with the Pressure test gear on. Pressure tested the coolant side of things, Dad found a leak in the rear block welsch plug, so that would have been a real pain (gearbox out) job to fix. All good now anyway. Let the thing sit with 1bar pressure in it for about 2 hours and next to no pressure drop and no leaks visable.

IMG_0909_zpsb43c61c8.jpg

Off to do more engine bay prep today. Might have to check the intake side of things with a pressure tester if I can make one up to fit

Edited by 89CAL

Finally got around to making an oil cooler bracket, Turned out alright using a stock bracket off the car (still not sure what it was actually doing on there though)

And started prepping the engine bay. Spend some more time on the bay today and hopefully engine can go in sometime before I go back to work next week

20131107_181228_zps8faf2d18.jpg

20131107_181207_zps161d2c7f.jpg

Engine bay done. Could have spent more time and done the lot but don't have the time anymore. Need to get the thing done. Clutch off to get a rebuild. Its still in great condition. No hot spots or signs of damage. Just worn the material down. NPC (Y)

Posted Image