SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

Bit queit in here

Was going to go snap some HDR photos of the skyline tonight but when I got to where I was going I noticed it had a coolant leak and the temp gauge had shot up. Bit worrying but think I managed to catch it quick enough. Lost about half the coolant so at least something was still in there. Can only find readings of about 97 on the logs so fingers crossed I avoided a bit of devastation.

Might try again once im sure my car is ok. Have to go get the replacement for the source of the problem tomorrow. Was supposed to have a different fitting for it ages ago but hadnt come through yet. Lucky it was only a short drive

Yes it is very quiet on here indeed. I don't no what's going on anymore I'm stuck in my little bubble, don't get to see anyone as I am renovating my house and saving to get my shed/workshop built. Once the shed is up a GTR will be going in it. ;)

Where about's was the leak Cal? If you don't already have one invest in a air/coolant bleeder tank, they reduce your temps a fair bit and will removal all the air pockets from the system. Very handy when you start giving the car a fair flogging.

My brother and I have been discussing what our final round of modifications for the N1 Dragger will be, cost effective for maximum gain and get as close as to 7's as possible and make it twice as hard for these guys down south to beat us. The car is getting full gutted no interior trim at all just a Motec dash and a steering wheel, that will gain 50+kg weight. Will be changing from the 17" rims and going to a smaller 15" rims with bigger rubber = bigger run out and a higher MPH across the line. Finally for the engine, seeing as the Turbo system is completely maxed out and the intake temps are climbing. We are thinking about putting a 200HP Direct port Nitrous System in to give us that little bit extra power and lower intake temps back to where they should be. Then all our focus will be on the new chassis when it arrives very soon, it will be a busy year but we are expecting add more records to our resume. AMS's R35GTR your going down!!!!!!

Nah the leak was the fitting on the wastegate head (it has the option of water cooling)

We modded it, cut the 90 degree fitting off the hose and put a straight in, then was supposed to have a 90 degree fitting straight onto the wastegate but the hose guy didnt have any on him, had just used them all at his previous job funnily enough. So it has had 2 x 45 degree fittings on it in the mean time. The way they were sitting and vibrations just caused it to come loose by the look of it so it wasnt a drama to fix, just a shame I never noticed it straight away. It still had coolant in it which was lucky, and checking the logs from the link the temp only got up to around 96 degrees so pretty confident at the moment that no harm was done. HOPEFULLY

How much extra power do you expect with the NOS cooling the combustion down? Or is it all about pushing a bit more boost/timing in with the cooler combustion temps?

Ah yeah 96 degrees should be fine mate it should've done any damage. Let me know how the water-cooled wastegate performs I'm interested to see what the engine temps would do under extreme abuse.

NOS will let us run nearly 100% duty cycle on the wastegate solenoid and will allow us to put more timing in, as long as the intake temps stay in the safe range.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I might be in need of a new boost gauge. My drift one looks like its out a few psi. I like the fact it has a digital display as well as LED segments that act like an analog gauge around the outside. But really anything that is half decent, and has a peak recall and/or alarm would be perfect. If it lights up blue that would be even better :) lol

Reccomendations? Anyone have one they are trying to get rid of?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there fellas, relatively new skyline owner here and just joined the forums.
Any chance you guys have any meets at all going on soon? I rarely see other skylines around and I would absolutely LOVE to be part of a meet sometime.
Got my Black 34 GT in November last year, RB25DE Neo being a P plater and all and I bet every car there would f**king smoke me but hey, i'd still love to lose if its against more skylines.

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate welcome to the group. if your on facebook add jdm mackay, and mackay imports club. taija runs jdm and matty runs mic. both supra owners but we all hang out and do cruises via them. we don't organise many cruises on here,

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need colourful cars to take photos of, but anyway, super hard trivia. Where was this taken?

14137614291_d7ad9ff5d4_k.jpgEdit-3155 by 89CAL, on Flickr

First person to guess right gets to look at my photo again........

And one that I found a while ago that I took with the DSLR, Its not great, but reminds me of when my engine was all pretty

14131960881_7921499c65_k.jpgIMG_0910 by 89CAL, on Flickr

Maybe this will breathe some life back into this thread....