SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

Don't forget that you will need to adjust your accell enrich a fair bit down low with that new TB. Its fiddly but over time you'll get it right.

Any reason why you went that big?

3" Cooler piping, everything is 3" from the turbo to the old throttle body. I know that plenty of cars make the power with the stock Throttle body, but I still saw it as a bit silly having 3" piping then dropping down then back up when it gets to the TB

The other reason is I wanted to get rid of the adapter I needed for the stock TB

Just waiting for a gasket for it now

3" Cooler piping, everything is 3" from the turbo to the old throttle body. I know that plenty of cars make the power with the stock Throttle body, but I still saw it as a bit silly having 3" piping then dropping down then back up when it gets to the TB

The other reason is I wanted to get rid of the adapter I needed for the stock TB

Just waiting for a gasket for it now

I though that might have been the case. When I had the throttle body adapter on mine it stuck out a fair bit but we still managed to get the pipes to fit. Was still annoying and shitty looking though. Took up valuable WMI installation space too.

The only thing that I can see that might bother you with 3 inch piping is throttle lag, and loss of bottom end. Bigger pipes slow the air speed down and make the 2.5L a little sluggish below 3,000rpm. That type of inlet manifold doesn't help either with the bigger runners.

But you installed cams didn't you? If so, what size? That should help. I had a set of 256 Tomei poncams, and they were great. The 3.0L loved them, was really torquey down low.

If I was to go back and do it all again, I would get someone to weld my factory TB straight onto the manifold somehow. I think that would be the best option, but that's just my opinion.

The Q45 will be ok, but might be a bit jerky down low when cracking the throttle. You'll get used to it though. As I said earlier, just remember to fix up/increase the accell enrichment so it doesn't lean/starve.

Its all looking good though, I might drop around one day when you are free and have a look.

I've had the 3" piping for a while now, It didn't seem that laggy, but at the same time I was only running a small turbo. I have 256 poncams in this engine so should be alright

Its probably not so much an issue for someone with 2.5" piping having the stock TB, but the VH45 TB when bolted on the greddy/freddy manifold and opened up is a perfect internal fit to the manifold, absoloutly no restriction, which is good for me with my piping

I'm probably painting the manifold this afternoon anyway so It should look alot better then it does at the moment. I bead blasted it the other week but might still hit it with a buff pad in a few spots before paint. Still havent decided if I'm going to go wrinkle black or wrinkle silver (And a Greddy sticker to make it look genuine :P ) but can do one then the other and decide.

I'm so lazy to paint the engine bay, I just want to chuck the new engine in. But the engine may never be out again so nows the time to do it.

All makes sense, and it should be nice and tidy. One thing I have always hated is stepping up and stepping down, adapters, and other shit.

I painted mine black, but the paint seemed to come off easily - might want to look into that. I never bead blasted it though so maybe the paint will stick better to yours.

I also have the philosophy that traffic police are closely related to Eurasian Magpies (A particular bird that likes to collect shiny things)

So maybe paint it black :P

lol I've been pulled over with the engine as it is in my sig and all they looked at was that the pod filter was bolted to the car somehow. Had a 2 second look over the engine and said I was right to go

Then again it was pretty neat and nothing really stood out. Will be a different story now lol

I'm gonna use VHT wrinkle black, either gonna leave it in the sun for a few days or bake it in an oven but I think it will stick alright. Ben should have an Idea on how the VHT wrinkle sticks anyway. It seemed like pretty durable stuff when I did a test run on an old cam cover

I may be a bit paranoid but I think it always pays to avoid the police as much as possible, haha.

I used the standard VHT black on my engine block, and it worked really well. Its good shit.

Never used the wrinkle paint though. Its probably safe to assume that all their products are high quality.

Yeah ive done another coat and used a heat gun and it seems to work alot better.

Im going to paint it silver I've decided despite everyone saying I should paint it black lol. I test fitted it to the engine after I took that photo and there is just too much black. If the car was white and didnt have a black engine bay it would be alright. But I cant go for an all black theme

I'm not selling my HKS GT2835 Turbo Kit. Comes with everything you need to bolt on to an RB25 including braided coolant and oil feed lines, intake pipe and I'll even throw in a Z32 AFM and K&N Pod filter (New) if you need these.

I'm not selling my HKS GT2835 Turbo Kit. Comes with everything you need to bolt on to an RB25 including braided coolant and oil feed lines, intake pipe and I'll even throw in a Z32 AFM and K&N Pod filter (New) if you need these.

I guess you mean 'now' as opposed to 'not'. Price?

After seeing the results from last weekends WTAC it has got me super keen to start my project time attack machine. After some discussion with my lil bro and old boy, it is possible we may design a package to adapt to our drag R32 GTR to transform it into a time attack machine. This will keep the cost down considerably just have to build a long block engine, brakes, shocks and aero the rest of the car is well and truly up to the task. Time to start designing :woot:

After seeing the results from last weekends WTAC it has got me super keen to start my project time attack machine. After some discussion with my lil bro and old boy, it is possible we may design a package to adapt to our drag R32 GTR to transform it into a time attack machine. This will keep the cost down considerably just have to build a long block engine, brakes, shocks and aero the rest of the car is well and truly up to the task. Time to start designing :woot:

Oh god! Here we go!!

All I have to say is:

A) good luck!!

B) build thread!!

C) can we put an SAU QLD sticker on it? ;)

Lol yeah its a ridiculous idea, by the time I get all this sorted the R32 will be retired from Hardcore drag racing to make way for new and improved R32 drag car.

A) Cheers

B) There will be a thread

C) Yes