SAU Community

What Cars To Matchup Against The Next Gtr

Just been thinking of some cars that would be good comparisons against the next GTR after seeing a writeup

on the new AUDI sports coupe coming to the Sydney show next month, looks pretty hot with some decent specs.

It does look a bit similar to the Next GTR tho... http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/28/photo-g...e-mans-quattro/

AUDI R8

AWD

4.2 V8 - 309 kw 430NM

6 spd manual/or tipptronic boxes.

0-100 - 4.6 secs ...hmm don't the old R32 GTRs still seem competitive here

Top Spd -301 km/hr

Aluminium Body

Price rumoured around $100k US

To be Released late 2007, I wonder if that has anything to do with the GTR release. I wouldn't mind seeing one of these in a comparison with the GTR next year along with the Porsche 911 T. Will definitely be looking out for the Best Motoring Vids when the next GTR arrives.

Edited by gts4diehard

If ppls here like AUDIs, well FYI the next RS6 due early-mid 2008 rolls out with a twin turbo V10 power is rumoured to be around 450Kw AWD for the price of 250-275k, This is why in another thread I have mentioned possible Oz delivered GTR will have to be priced way below the 200k marks for ppls to seriously look at them, IMHO.

The RS6 is AUDI performance flag bearer!!

Being such a hyped up and eagerly awaited model, it will be compared to pretty much everything under the sun by the world's motoring press:

It will be compared to supercars from the same country:

Next Gen Mazda RX-7

Next Gen Toyota Supra

Next Gen Honda NSX

That Lexus supercar that I can't remember the name of (LF-A or something...)

Lancer Evo 10

Subaru STi

It will be compared to sports cars in similar (+-$50k) price ranges

BMW M3

Porsche 911

Noble M15

Aston Martin Vantage

Jaguar XJR

Audi RS4

BMW M6

Maserati GranSport

It will be compared to the highest level performance cars of other countries:

Porsche 911 Turbo

Corvette ZO6

HSV GTS

It will be compared to cheaper performance cars from within Nissan

V36 Skyline

Nissan 350Z

It will be compared with track day weapons

Lotus Exige S

Porsche GT3/GT2

BMW M3 CSL

It will be compared to exotic supercars - fighting above its weight division

Lamborghini Gallardo

Ferrari F430

It will be compared to expensive GT cars

Bentley Continental GT

Aston Martin DB9

Mercedes SL65 AMG(?)

Audi R8

And so on... Since it straddles numerous different categories (track car, GT car, sports car, supercar, etc.) it's difficult to establish what it's direct rivals actually are...

Edited by Big Rizza

these cars, the new audi sports coupe, and the RS6, etc. etc. price range and specs put them in a higher class than the standard GTR. perhaps, u should comparison these to the GTR NUR etc. which are also available factory from nissan.

the new GTR would perhaps be more compared to those around similar price ranges. u get what u pay for :D

like the new supra. .. or yea BMW 3 series, well hopefully if nissan doesnt loose focus. we will see yet another leathal weapon to pride a new benchmark for the other car manufacturers

My thoughts for competitors:

Porsche 911 Turbo

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

BMW M3 (maybe, might be too slow)

I can't think of anything British. The Aston Martin Vantage is too slow, the Jags are too soft. TVR Sagaris maybe, but that might also be too slow.

The GT-R is not quite a "hypercar" (in the same way a Murcielago, Zonda, Enzo etc are), and most of those cars get referred to as "supercars" these days. I don't think the competitor necessarily needs to be 4WD, it just needs to be quick and not a stripped out track day special.

If ppls here like AUDIs, well FYI the next RS6 due early-mid 2008 rolls out with a twin turbo V10 power is rumoured to be around 450Kw AWD for the price of 250-275k, This is why in another thread I have mentioned possible Oz delivered GTR will have to be priced way below the 200k marks for ppls to seriously look at them, IMHO.

The RS6 is AUDI performance flag bearer!!

no chance whatsoever of that actually being the case

look- Audi owns Lamborghini. they wont put a car into production with those specs at that price that would wipe out Gallardo/Murcielago sales now, would they?

also, just examine the market- an SL65 AMG Merc has TT 6L V12 with 450kw and it costs around $470K. how would one german manufacturer be able to produce a car with the same power as another, but with a more sophisticated drivetrain, and then have it cost around $200K less? :)

production version won't make more power than a Gallardo. guaranteed

look- Audi owns Lamborghini. they wont put a car into production with those specs at that price that would wipe out Gallardo/Murcielago sales now, would they?

production version won't make more power than a Gallardo. guaranteed

very good point