SAU Community

Who Is The Better Tuner-advan Or Croydon?

aaronrb25det

I was just wondering who i should get to install my z32, fuel pump, fuel reg, power fc, turbo and injectors and tune - Advan in silverwater or Croydon racing developments. Has anybody had good/bad work from either???

CRD.

Here we go

I know CRD do great work, they have the track times and r.w.k.W figures to prove it.

Just don't go there expecting prices like 'Joe the mechanic' offers (u know what i mean), 'cause they have plenty of work due to their history and track record, so they don't need to be some 'bargain basement' workshop.

But then again, not everyones as broke as me :huh: =P

Just install the parts yourself, there's a DIY guide on pretty much all the parts you want installed. Then just spend the cash on the tune..

I recently installed Turbo ( hiflow) , fuel pump, Z32, injectors, PFC, Profec BII myself saved heaps of money. I'm hopeless with a spanner, Prolly took me 3 times as long as a normal person but still saved the cash and learnt heaps doing it.

kyle newcastle

he will install it all get it running give it a quick run on the road with the sniffer so you can drive it tp who you want to tune the bugger

probably save ya 800

either way you wont listen to me but in a years time buy me a beer when i told ya so!!!

Edited by fatz

Hi - cant speak for croydon ive never had anything done there - i recently however had NISMO FUEL PUMP-NISMO 600CC INJ-GTR FUEL RAIL-GTR IMPEDENCE MODULES-GTR INJ WIRING CARRIER-Z32 A/F METER-SPLITFIR COILS-TRUST TD05 TURBO- TRUST DUMP PIPE-NISMO FUEL PRESSURE REG-POWER FC+COMM-TRUST OIL COOLER ETC ETC fitted (to my rb25det) by Advan with brilliant results !! - a mate of mine who does a lot of rallying told me about a guy called paul fischer who was worth getting to tune as hes very good etc - it just worked out that he happened to be working at advan for a few months before moving to the states to tune over there - not wanting to kill an already 13 yo old car i asked for a modereate tune of just over 1 bar on hight boost & just under 1 bar on low ( i could have cranked it heaps but didnt see the point in a rear wheel drive car) - i ended up with a very respectable 332 flywheelkw & 260 rwkw - heaps !! - the car is now performing way beyond my expectations (doesnt struggle @ 160k's+ on the climb heading north from peat island toward gosford) also onboard a gtr style plenum & greddy profec spec b boost controller/bilstein shocks/tanabe springs/ front mnt-int-cooler/gtr rims/245-45-17 dunlop spec r treads etc etc etc - to answer the question i am personally happy with the result that i was given - there were no hidden costs to speak of - i did however nut out a plan on paper with peter from advan in relation to cost /versus/hours/labour etc & did source some bits prior & just handed them over in a box-Oh! one thing that i was determined to get right was the A/F RATIO which @ 11.7 is a great result - the highest knock sensor number ive detected on the power fc controller is 3 which is actually zero - as knock does not show on the controller until a number of above 35+ at least is indicated - all in all very happy & since this is the first time ive spent big $$ on power mods i couldnt be happier - there you have it !! - id be happy to have a chat with anyone whos thinking of going down a similar road as sometimes theres no better advice than speaking to someone with first hand knowledge- feel free to call me any time on 0414922209 - cheers malcolm :D - ps - considering all the power the fuel consumption is actually better as the a/f ratio was down around 10 before all the work - but hey! -who cares about fuel consumption in a rocket ship !!! :D