SAU Community

Is This Possible

macca20042

just wondering, is it possible to put the R33 engine into something like a S13 onwards silvia?? i was thinking of doing one up as a project car is all

Yes its possible and has been done. Hell even an RB26DETT has been shoved into an S13 before with good results. You will need to enquire about its legalities and what it needs to be engineered etc from your respective state.

The RB into Silvia swap is not uncommon. In fact, it's to the point where it's not really unique enough for some people. Hence the birth of the Nissan V8 into Silvia conversion, but even that has been done a few times now...

See http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcollins/silfiniti/ for one such example.

The RB into Silvia swap is not uncommon. In fact, it's to the point where it's not really unique enough for some people. Hence the birth of the Nissan V8 into Silvia conversion, but even that has been done a few times now...

See http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcollins/silfiniti/ for one such example.

the only reason i would undertake this is because im not a big fan of the 4cyl and i love the 6 cyl in the skylines. would it b worthwhile doing this or just spend the money on doing up the engine thats in the silvia??

id do it .. nothing wrong with the conversion. Its not like the car is going to handle like a bucket of shit afterwards. Depends if you want to go fast in a straight line or drift the shit out of it.

• 2 months later...

It sure can be done. I had a RB25DET conversion in my 180SX.

By fitting a skyline crossmember from the R32/R33 the RB motor will bolt directly up using the nissan mounts. You should be able to get out of it for around $5k-$6k all up. That's if you do a fair bit yourself.

It doesn't mess up the handling too much. Maybe if your building a drifter, but for a fast street car and occasional track day car it delivers awesome punch and torque!!!

After going through one though, it's alot of work and you can get similiar power and results from going sick on your current engine.

(that is unless you have a NA CA18DE or SR20DE already!!!!)

• 2 months later...
S13 have good balance why put a RB in the front.. look my car has an iron block on the bonnet..

FWD silvia. ahahah that was gold

Why not?

It doesnt really throw it out that much, but for proper drift you will understeer...

But if you want to go fast you have yourself a lightweight skyline :santa:

Do it! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Iv'e seen a v6 out of the 300zx(90's model) in a silvia, it looked like there was more room round the engine than in the Z. Don't think there are too many unqiue Nissan conversions left to do these day considering how easy it seems to be to interchange the engines in the skylines etc., even the factory put 4 cyl engines in R32 Skylines for the extra cautious driver...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and for those of you that don't really now this engine... and where thinking... 'that engine looks east-west' therefore fwd... Its just the intake that looks like that. It is still rwd, and the engine is north-south facing :)

• 4 months later...
I would love to see a V8 (Nissan or other) in a R34 GTT. The burble and rumble of the 8 would go well with the aggresive looks of the R34.

thers something similar thats been done. search for 'GT Autosound Drift' or something along those lines in youtube. ls1 in a gtt i think

here u go: