SAU Community

Official Sau Qld Dyno Day

Col-GTSX

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Recently purchased a 200SX, with some mods done, and wanted to get a dyno run in before i did any more mods to the car. I know it has a SR20DET and not a RB series engine so its cool if I'm not welcome to attend.

Also - just to be extra difficult - I start work at 230pm on the Gold Coast that day... So if its possible to be slotted in before 1pm'ish that would be awesome.

So can I come along?

Side question - cos im a noob and never had a dyno run - do you guys worry about ambient air temps for dyno runs? Like if its a really hot day, you'll only run 14psi instead of 17psi etc.

Edited by Grrr

also ... how do I upgrade the motor where my avatar should be from an RB20E to an SR20DET? :)

Edited by Grrr

also ... how do I upgrade the motor where my avatar should be from an RB20E to an SR20DET? :)

hah, i only found this last night after 2 years..haha

go to: my control, then, Edit Profile Information then enter the sr20det in custom member title :)

Hi,

Recently purchased a 200SX, with some mods done, and wanted to get a dyno run in before i did any more mods to the car. I know it has a SR20DET and not a RB series engine so its cool if I'm not welcome to attend.

Also - just to be extra difficult - I start work at 230pm on the Gold Coast that day... So if its possible to be slotted in before 1pm'ish that would be awesome.

So can I come along?

Side question - cos im a noob and never had a dyno run - do you guys worry about ambient air temps for dyno runs? Like if its a really hot day, you'll only run 14psi instead of 17psi etc.

Yes by all means, this is an open dyno day. All makes and models... More than 90% of the cars on the rollers will be skylines, but your more than welcome to come along. Just read the first post and when your happy give us the nod and your in...

As for running early in the day thats not an issue, we will fit you in before 11am so you have plenty of time to take off when needed...

As for the boost setting, you said your car is slightlly modified. At 17psi I hope you have aftermarket fuel management, injectors, z32 afm and an aftermarket turbo... Cause if your running 17psi on any stock components your gonna blow your engine up within 4000-5000km's...

I always say run the boost your management is setup to handle... I wont be turning mine down thats for sure... :)

Please in future post these sorta questions in the help area of the forum, not in the middle of a dyno day thread... Thanks

hah, i only found this last night after 2 years..haha

go to: my control, then, Edit Profile Information then enter the sr20det in custom member title :(

Thanks Series II...

Awsome! Thanks Col and SAU. :yes:

<--- Thanks SeriesII

As for the boost setting, you said your car is slightlly modified. At 17psi I hope you have aftermarket fuel management, injectors, z32 afm and an aftermarket turbo... Cause if your running 17psi on any stock components your gonna blow your engine up within 4000-5000km's...

Most ill run is 15psi... I was kinda refering to you big boys with your big toys :) Actually 1/2 the reason for wanting the dyno run is before i do something about the engine management.

Please in future post these sorta questions in the help area ...
:happy: sorry.

So yes put me down and ill internet transfer the money on the 1st or 2nd of the month after I get paid.

Edited by Grrr

So yes put me down and ill internet transfer the money on the 1st or 2nd of the month after I get paid.

No worries your in...

Ill note an early run for your car so you can rest assured that your in and out in no time...

Josh has lead a sheltered life...

Geebung/Virginia are no worse for crime that Noosa or the gold coast... The people who live in the area are generally working in the industries based in virginia.

So they are hard working families and yes I would feel comfortable walking through there at night... Its probablly safer than hastings street or cav ave...

No mase required... Just Josh is scared of everything out side Noosa...

You know i'm just playing :happy: I'll give you a hug at the dyno day to make up for my naughty talk of Geebung :)

P.s, speaking of crime, someone broke into my little red swift.... Took the head unit and amp :yes: Damn Noosa and our high crime rate!

Edited by Nismo_Boy

Awsome! Thanks Col and SAU. :(

<--- Thanks SeriesII

haha, thats all good.. i was happy when i found were that change was to.. hated the rb25de, with no T, is there a point..hehehe .. thanx for the shout out in your avatar.. crazy..

hey grrr, are you from the gold coast?, your going right/?, i just need to follow someone, as im to lazy..heheh

Edited by seriesII

hey grrr, are you from the gold coast?, your going right/?, i just need to follow someone, as im to lazy..heheh
Following me is not a problem. I just need to get myself a UHF radio by then...

sweeet thanx..ill pm when we get closer to the date, so i can make sure to get the day off work :(..

uhf radio?, still have the jap am/fm tuner in your car?, i have one if you want it, its just sitting there behind my deck..

uhf radio?, still have the jap am/fm tuner in your car?, i have one if you want it, its just sitting there behind my deck..

dont think you quite understood... he meant a hand held UHF - for talking to other people - sorta like a CB truckies use

ps ill transfer money when a get paid at the end of the month

OK

Time to ramp up the payments people...

2 weeks till the payments close... I have re-done the list on the first page of the thread, remember your spot is not secured until payment is verified by SMR33... First 40 payments are locked in as a 100% run...

dont think you quite understood... he meant a hand held UHF - for talking to other people - sorta like a CB truckies use

ahhh, haha, thanx for clearing that up.. hehe, walkie talkie or 2-ways.. lol... i think i can steal a good pair of my parants, as my dads friend is a cop (shhhhh) and i take thing all the time to use..hehehe. ill try and get a whole bunch of uhf 2 ways.. only for the gold coat ppl.. heheh