SAU Community

Need Help Got Done By Pettit

pimpenr33

as it says day after chrissy and me and 2 of my mates and his g/f thought we would go try get some bargins at knox shopping center BAD IDEA on the way back home just crusin along doing nothing wrong and a black unmarked ss pulls me over and i wasnt to worryed i thought ok worst case is ill end up with a unroad worthy thats until i read the name tag i was like F*#K then he started writing the list out and as usual he wrote down i need and engineers for my cooler piping hole what a joke the hole on a gtr is there for the cooler piping so whats the difference i said to him its no structual it said anything in front of the fire wall need to be engineered is this true well anyway $300 or fines and a car off the road till i can afford to get it back on the road what a great chrissy that officer pettit your the greatist

ALSO advice on what i should do would be very greatful thanks all happy new yr

as it says day after chrissy and me and 2 of my mates and his g/f thought we would go try get some bargins at knox shopping center BAD IDEA on the way back home just crusin along doing nothing wrong and a black unmarked ss pulls me over and i wasnt to worryed i thought ok worst case is ill end up with a unroad worthy thats until i read the name tag i was like F*#K then he started writing the list out and as usual he wrote down i need and engineers for my cooler piping hole what a joke the hole on a gtr is there for the cooler piping so whats the difference i said to him its no structual it said anything in front of the fire wall need to be engineered is this true well anyway $300 or fines and a car off the road till i can afford to get it back on the road what a great chrissy that officer pettit your the greatist

Gone done for exactly the same thing when i was pulled over by him. Hole in body for intercooler pipe. Was cleared easy. Hope that $600 is not a lot for you because that what you are going to pay for your engineers cert.

NO, everyone should know by now Knox is not the place to be.

Tell him to go and get F**K for this engineers for my cooler piping hole what a joke the hole on a gtr .

That hole is standard in Gtr, front mount is standard so basically you're allow to have the pod filter. Anything else apart from that? Zorst? Gauges? Lowered? Easy fix. Don't stress over dickh**d like that.

its easy to say dont stress but when u get a car engineered they wont just look at that they will look over the hole car so ill have to take out front camber adjusters and coilovers and exaust and new cat and shit its just alot of f*#king around.

Im thinking about moving to QLD what are they like up there can u mod your car and not get hassled or is it the same as down here maybe i should move to japan mmmm nice jap girls could be an idea

your right they do check over the whole car. But think about this.

I passed with a HKS GT2540 turbo, Exhuast, Tein Adjustable suspension. I hid my turbo timer under the dash. Not a problem.

what about my safc and electronic boost controller should i hide them hahaahh

what about strut tower braces are they illegal 2 and engine dampner.

do they drive the car because i also have a 2way diff in it dunno if that illegal

f**k i hate vic its turned into such a shit hole i remember when cops ust 2 target commo drivers

thats until mum's and dad's thought they would buy there supid son that knows nothing about cars just wants to be fully sick a nice WRX or R33 or 200SX or any other import for that matter and then there son drives like a f*#king wankers get cought speeding or doing burnouts and f**ked it for the rest of us god i wish imports became a not kool car to drive life to be so much better

You will have to source a stock solenoid for your boost, Im sure someone on here will let you borrow one. As for SAFC, you have to take it out. Strut braces are fine. I had them front and rear, not a problem. Wouldnt know about the engine dampener. As for the diff. I had an aftermarket one in there too. They didn't drive my car anywhere so don't worry bout it.

Trust me people make it seem like getting an EPA or Defect as the end of the world but its not.

Edited by krzysiu

There's a thread that was started only a month or 2 ago where one of the SAU members said he had read all the relevant paperwork and found that you don't need to get the hole engineered at all....search for that and you might be able to save yourself some money...

petit knows jack shit, his a wanna be mechanic, if you know your laws, nor everything infront of the firewall needs and engineers cert, only unless u have cut into the chasis, not the box..

there is a whole thread about it around 2months back now, and i even posted all the appropraite laws to suit.

Mate i feel for you

just got done for the same thing end of last year... ended up costing me 1500 bucks plus a few extra parts to get it cleared....

PM me if you want me to give some details as to how i went about it all.,..

Best of luck