SAU Community

Two Step Launch For Gtr33

Sayajin

Okay guys. I have been searching and searching and have been unable to find what I am looking for.

Esentially what I want is a two step launch controller for my GTR33. I want the type that allows boost to be built at a standstill so that you come off the line with full boost.

I know that the Power FC pro has a type of launch controller, however I dont believe it does what I am looking for. That plus the fact the discontinued the FC Pro. I also know that Bee-R has a rev limiter, however I believe that ALSO does not allow you to build boost on the line.

So, if someone could recommend one to me it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

-Sayajin

anything with a zero speed ignition cut should allow you to build boost. I know it works on my emanage ultimate

Such as what unit? Reason I ask is I am currently on the Power FC so I cant get a new stand alone just for launch control.

-Sayajin

Humm... this is a bit different from what I had heard before..

So I can set the rev limit to 6500RPM, stand full on the gas and it stays at the set RPM, and builds full boost while still on the line?

-Sayajin

yep got it in one. you have 2 rev limits one is a stationary (launch) rev limit that usualy is engaged either when speed = 0 or when handbrake is engaged. once speed is above 0 or handbrake is dropped it reverts to the usual rev limit. so you can set limit one to 6500rpm if you wish for launch, then limit 2 to 8000rpm for driving. as for whether it will build full boost I'm not so sure of that. it will build some boost though.

Okay guys. I have been searching and searching and have been unable to find what I am looking for.

Esentially what I want is a two step launch controller for my GTR33. I want the type that allows boost to be built at a standstill so that you come off the line with full boost.

I know that the Power FC pro has a type of launch controller, however I dont believe it does what I am looking for. That plus the fact the discontinued the FC Pro. I also know that Bee-R has a rev limiter, however I believe that ALSO does not allow you to build boost on the line.

So, if someone could recommend one to me it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

-Sayajin

It's hard to go past the MSD 2 step...

Ever used the Gizmo Paul? Now that you mention it I remember reading about it QUITE a while ago. I only ever heard of one person using it however so I am unsure on how well it works.

Any first hand experience?

*edit*

After reading the Apexi page all I can say is WOW.... Sounds like exactly what I want. Hell it even has flat shifting! (no lift to shift).

Also I read that it integrates with the shift light. Does that mean in order to get the Gizmo to work I need the shift light as well? Or just means it CAN work with it?

-Sayajin

Edited by Sayajin

no sorry, never used it. when i get an evo i will get one for sure

i see no use it for in my skyline (rear wheel drive & stock ceramic exhaust wheel)

from memory youll need or want;

stand alone ecu or good remap

steel wheel exhaust wheel

no cat

exhaust temp gauge might be a good idea

good traction

yeah its a nice device hey

yeah the shift light is optional that i can see

on the evo forums theres a video of one dude that has a 2 step spark cut limiter. the video shows the car stationary with 1.3 bar ready to go and lotsa flames out the exhaust

Humm.. well I have been reading around and it appears that the shift light is REQUIRED in order for the launch interface to work.

The Tach recall intercepts the RPM line from the ECU. This allows you to control your 2 shift points, warning and shift now - and also the launch.

A 5V signal is sent from the tach recall light to the launch control interface when the desired rev point for launch is reached.

Still seems like a great thing. I just personally feel the shift light is a bit too ricey for myself. I may have to make an exception however. That or just remove the bulb in the light. lol.

Or if someone else has something better that is just as well!

Thanks for the info Paul.

-Sayajin

Edited by Sayajin

Something you may want to think about is how is it actually limiting the rpm....

Yes some of the ECUs may have an option to hard / soft cut - fuel / spark but the million dollar question is how crudely they apply that limit.

My Haltech has these features too but I am planning to rely on the 2 step functionality built into my MSD DIS4

The reason I recommended the MSD is because the MSD alternates the cylinders it drops and some cheaper rev limiters may only drop the same cylinder causing fuel build up in that cylinder. Just make sure the ECU you plan to use alternates the cylinders.