Roll Centre Adjustment On R32 Gtr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out i was sent 2 sets of fronts, just waiting on the rear ones to turn up before i start. I would have had them all in last weekend otherwise. Should have them next week so maybe in a fortnight before i am done as i have no garage atm which makes working on the car at night not enjoyable enough for me to do anything.

• 1 month later...

Update!

RCA's do funny things to your alignment.

The rears arrived, and sat in the box for a month while my car was repaired from a track outing. I installed them front and rear last weekend, as luckily i had the right size bits of pipe available out of my dad's stash of these sort of random handy things, a decent size bench vice and a big fu(k off hammer to get the old ball joint's out of the arms.

Anyway, onto the alignment. With no other changes other than the ball joints my front camber went from ~3.0 down to ~1.4 at max adjustment of my nolathane upper arms, and my toe went from -1mm to +40mm (no, i didn't accidentally miss a decimal point), and castor dropped from 8.5 to 8. Rear camber went from -1 to just on the positive side of 0 and toe went in enough so that i had to wind it out in the driveway to stop the wheel fouling on the lower control arm (it was always close to begin with). I wound camber back in to -1.5 on the rear and had to go for 0 toe (which still scrubs the LCA a touch but a spacer will fix that).

So now, i need to find some front upper arms with more adjustment to get my camber back to where i want it and try and find my spare set of 20mm bolt on spacers in my storage garage full of all my stuff (i don't like my chances so i'll probably have to buy some new ones for now)

So right now the alignment is a bit of a compromise, but i will see how it goes next weekend when i get it to wakefield.

I have no idea what it will have done to the balance of the car either, but will find out soon enough.

Richard,

You have the dogbone style adjustable upper arms in your gtr right? Did you find you could get significantly more camber out of them than an adjustable bush setup? Can you fit them backwards and gain castor?

oh yeah, the rear wheels are now sitting 15mm further out to fill the guard again. Who'd have thunk you could get a 17x9.5 with effective offset of 31 under the back of a 32gtst with just lipping. 10's are a possibility with the right offset :)

• 3 months later...

now that i have fitted s14 LCA's to regain track width and a dogbone style adjustable upper arm the car is handling fairly well again.....

I also fitted copies of the mfr tie rod ends with sealed longer ball joint (as opposed to the rose joint type ones). No more bump steer :w00t:

• 1 year later...

ive just bought a set of the Moonface Racing ones. on a r33 gts-t ive found ive got clearance isshues. on the disc. at first i thought it was only on the right. untill i went back an checked that its also on the left. maybe they didnt expect ppl with standard brakes to fit this item.has anyone noticed anything like this before. guess i might have to do a brake upgrade

thanks

Matt Bailey

Edited by MattBailey