SAU Community

Welcome To The Fabrication Forum

Duncan

Welcome to SAU's newest forum, the Fabrication section.

This is the place to discuss custom fabrication of anything car related, like;

tools used - welders/band saws/lathes etc etc

methods of fabrication - metal Fab/Welding/fibreglassing

problems encountered during Fabrication (help)

Custom car fabrication/roll cages/rust repair

tips on welding methods

fabricating custom IC piping and ways and techniques

fabricating IC mounts/ oil cooler mounts

surge tank boxes

out of the square conversions

build your own strut braces

Be aware this forum is closely moderated to keep topics on track. Please be specific about what you are asking or discussing, otherwise general automotive discussion is probably the right place to be :laugh:

PS Sorry R33 Rob, you kind of did and you kind of didn't :D

Be aware this forum is closely moderated to keep topics on track. Please be specific about what you are asking or discussing, otherwise general automotive discussion is probably the right place to be :D

Yepo!

Key point. Please be specific in your question... OR, if you are posting up your handy work.

Please ensure you put detail in for your audience.

No point showing people and not informing them of how you did things

R33 Rob, please try again and be more descriptive, your far to general.

This section is going to be a very specific one due to the nature of the work/questions

Perhaps, could this sectoin also include people who have fabrication gear e.g. welders etc who don't mind doing small things for sau rates (as opposed to overpriced workshops)?

once this section gets going, i believe that those people capable of doing/making things for others would be contactable via PM etc with evidence of things they have made.

no need to start any kind of competition or advertising for people, and people can see what they have done already and make the approach to them directly.

how about an intro on welding by whoever knows how? then stickying them.

id really like some general knowledge but im too lazy to do a course or anything.

and a big disclaimer would be good. 'IF YOU BLOW YOURSELF UP OR BREAK SOMETHING DONT BLAME US'

just a few suggestions.

yeah, that would be pretty cool.

I've been tempted to buy a welder (as the next tool on my list).

Yes i'm a tool whore.

I mean like at bunnings, they have ozito stick welders for $100. Yes, I know that a stick welder is inaccurate, and not as good as a mig, but it's cheap. The cigweld mig is $500.

• 11 months later...
once this section gets going, i believe that those people capable of doing/making things for others would be contactable via PM etc with evidence of things they have made.

no need to start any kind of competition or advertising for people, and people can see what they have done already and make the approach to them directly.

I want a custom exhaust(cat back) made,,can i open a thread asking if theres anyone in western sydney keen on making me 1 for a good price$$$

OR strictly PM?

I already went through the introduction thread,but couldnt find SYDNEY Exhaust SAU'ers.

I want a custom exhaust(cat back) made,,can i open a thread asking if theres anyone in western sydney keen on making me 1 for a good price$$$

OR strictly PM?

I already went through the introduction thread,but couldnt find SYDNEY Exhaust SAU'ers.

the problem with that is that any custom exhaust is always going to end up being more expensive than a high volume production exhaust from places like just jap etc.

So if you are after cheap - then go that way

i'll see if i can find an easy way for things like this to be asked.