SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

If you pass an EPA with a silencer in, youll have to weld the silencer to the exhaust so it can no longer be removed. One of the conditions of the EPA. Im sure its been mentioned already somewhere though.

Yes it has to be Spot Welded!! but it can be removed!!! its better then being harassed by the cops!!!!

Im just wondering if i have a catback exhaust,front pipe,dumpe pipe from turbo 3'inch all the way with a high flow cat, just wondering if its still legel in the streets of victoria? i know this has been answered before but i just want to make sure if its ok.

Thanks, Geraus

what about if i have a safc ?

would i get dicked ?

You will only get dicked if 1. you have something illegal 2.they find it.

The SAFC is not legal, but if they dont find it you wont get caught. What i'm getting at is take it or, or hide the shit out of it!

went today to get the epa thingo

:rofl:

i was 92db... so yeah failed.

and my safc i just didnt disconnect i took the whole thing about.. like the lcd screen and hid the mainboard in the car.

so if uze have that... try it ?

Hey guys just got my first epa letter! from the police that pulled me over...the letter states i need to get a mechanical check and a noise test.. The current mods i got so far is a FMIC return factory blitz LM and a Turboback exhaust system 3'inch with high flow cat, it ok to go the place with it on or better to take it off the blitz cooler LM? .. honestly my exhaust isnt loud. its a Trust/Greddy PE II as ppl on these fourms would even know there not even that loud...

Thanks Geraus.

Edited by geraus

Cooler will be fine as long as you dont have a pod also. Put your stock exhaust on, yours will most likely fail.

Hey guys just got my first epa letter! from the police that pulled me over...the letter states i need to get a mechanical check and a noise test.. The current mods i got so far is a FMIC return factory blitz LM and a Turboback exhaust system 3'inch with high flow cat, it ok to go the place with it on or better to take it off the blitz cooler LM? .. honestly my exhaust isnt loud. its a Trust/Greddy PE II as ppl on these fourms would even know there not even that loud...

Thanks Geraus.

In other news I got an EPA letter the today, shat my pants. Opened the letter and it was only for flicking a ciggie. Needless to say I was a very happy camper, and will not be throwing ciggies around again.

Thanks Geraus.

Each time you get it tested it will generally be around $40. So you can try with your mods on but Skylines in general just pass with the stock exhaust on, so a very good chance that it will fail with your current one.

I had a look through but couldn't find any information...

What’s the deal with external waste-gates, can you have them as long as they are plumbed back into the exhaust?

I have heard mixed responses on this so just wanted to clarify.

I'm talking about the external-gate it self though

What if you run a highflow turbo or even a stock turbo with an external gate... then no one will know you have a larger turbo - example

Just another quick question, Can i still pass the EPA test with my stock catback but still have my 3inch front trust/greddy pipe and turbo dump pipe?

bceause i just connect my catback to them. Its not that noisy but just to make sure.

Possibly but unlikely. If you had a full 5 inch straight through off the dump pipe with no cat or resonator and it was below the volume limit, you would pass. It doesnt matter on the equipemtn for that kind of test, rather the volume of your exhaust. So you can try with your current stuff on, however you are looking at roughly $40 per test.