SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Well actually im just going to sell my engine in bits and pieces and just put back in the good old rb25 :P BUT i just been reading the epa article no where does it say you cannt put in a rb26 as long as it meets the same or more stringent requirements.

s_15 LOL who said that it would cost you that much... Do`nt know who charges you that much for a quick engine swap and a reswap later on. Hopefully you been saving alot if they are charging you this much.

i got 89.7 db backing off in the big rb26/30 woohooo thanks for your experience and information guys much appreciated. well i just put 2 cats in and 2 resonators and a big oval at DA back :D was sweetly done

I was just joking around mate, obviously it would cost less to do the swap back. lol.

Also the EPA wont car about you doing an RB26 swap, its vic roads who will bend you over then! But all you will need to do is get it engeineered then you will be fine.

My bad. Miscommunication there was making me think I was missing something.

What I meant to say was I know you can have only one intake mod - aftermarket pods or AFTERMARKET FMIC. Should have specified I didn't mean stock FMIC.

Sorry for the misunderstanding dudes :P

I was just joking around mate, obviously it would cost less to do the swap back. lol.

Also the EPA wont car about you doing an RB26 swap, its vic roads who will bend you over then! But all you will need to do is get it engeineered then you will be fine.

Who do u reccomd for the engineering ? Anyone know the process or experience a similar situation?

Edited by larri

• 5 weeks later...
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I found a document by accident and though it might be useful:

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/Publica...;FILE/317.1.pdf

States how your car is noise tested by the EPA and what RPM it is tested at. It doesn't include all cars.

arghhh dosnt work!!!! :)

It did yesterday :)

It seems to be a problem with the way SAU formats the link.

Go to Google, type "epa pulsar noise", select to show pages from Australia and it's the third line down.

Edited by llama_au

whats the deal with buying a car thats rego'd in nsw, and transferring it to vic..do i need the roadie done in vic also? also, can i trandfer the rego?

Edited by JMc33

• 2 weeks later...

i was thinking about something, maybie a bit of a loophole with the P plater power to weight laws. my family has trucks etc. i can actually get my truck licence now at 19. i know it gives me full points but i'm not 100% on if i'd be "exempt" (as written on your rego sticker) i hope this is the case :blush:

just got pinned today... :bunny:

i can get the RWC part sorted (ride height, seat belt retractors and non padded steering wheel, afaik - still waitin on letter) but its the EPA i'm worried about... copper didn't say if it was a full test or just exhaust vol and i was WAAAAAAY too scared to ask him as he was in a FOUL mood when he pulled me over.

i have an aftermarket turbo (not highflow but lowmount) / ecu / injectors / fuel pump / BC / exhaust etc

if its a full test and i just put on the stock zorst from the dump or cat back and change out the ecu for the stocker am i gonna pass or are they going to look @ the turbo and simply say no way?

i'd MUUUUCH rather not have to go changing out turbo's as its only been in a week! :happy:

forgot to mention... i know a larger turbo is NOT legal just asking if they are going to really care if i get the rest of the car up to scratch.

also can i leave my boost control solenoid in and unplugged but just remove the interior unit? or will i have to take the whole thing out?

fark that sucks hamish......

its only a matter of time before they get me.......and im running a top mount. and my car dosnt look very innocent.

i think the rule of thumb is if they can see it, it is illegal, so if u leave ur boost solenoid in the engine bay make sure its hidden out of plain sight. but youll defiently have to get rid of the interior unit cuz its a straight give away.

ive never been EPA'ed so if anyone can shed some light as to the procedures they take.......that be great

again...good luck with it hamish let us know how it goes with the bigger engine mods

So what's the deal with Vicroads "cop" cars? I've seen one pull over a truck on westall road. What authority do they have to pull over cars? Ambulances have flashing lights too, but I'm not going to stop for one...