SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Under the bonnet my car isnt heavily modded.. Just fmic/pod, blocked off BOV which i need to unblock, stock plumb back is on there, and im gonna get my SSQV welded near the REO. Also got the R33 turbo but im sure they couldnt figure out that i've changed the turbo. oh and BC but im gonna get a new one installed hidden. But coz of the blue paint job and black bonnet i got now it looks really flashy.. Before i got the car painted i had never been pulled over with my car.. 1 week after the paint job and i get pulled over lol

Hey man, i have ALOT of respect for you (since your green p's like me), only because you have the balls to go out in that car already pushin it with the GTST and then with those mods :wub: its just a matter of time till you get a strict ass cop that will pin you no matter what you do.

As for your paint job, i been plannin to paint my NON turbo R34 :( (2 door) for a while now, im pissin my pants just to paint the bonnet black cause i have a non adr trial bonnet.. :S. The amount of times i've been pulled over with NO mods at all is amazing...i don't even drive like a dick.

My exhaust is definately over 90dB so now though and the last high way patrol went "your exhaust is really loud" and i was just like yeh... ... ... he didnt do anything, but you know what? he took 3 points of my licence and said i went through a red light, when i had 4 people in the car and i went through the yellow (changed red commin out the intersection) so theres my luck for you. Now im sittin with no licence at home till October 20th (reason i didnt appeal is cause i went to court a week earlier for another issue...) So i didn't think the judge at franga would be too happy with me :P

Oh well...i say good luck to you sir! I wish you all my luck, your doin green p platers proud! haha lol :)

Also sorry for the double post, but i have a quickish quesiton too that hasnt been answered.

Since i can't drive the GTT model or swap my engine out to DET i was thinkin of rebuilding my 25de and goin nuts with it that way, eg: forged pistons, rods, acid dip, portn polish blah blah blah go the whole way with it, the only thing with that is of course everytime i open her up shes gonna sound more like a LS1 with a lumpy cam or somethin...so if a cop were to pull me over, would there be any real way to defect me? considering all these parts are gonna be inside the engine practically the only thing they could say is whats the noise, i might be able to say i have to replace my timming belt cause it sounds similar to one thats damaged or worn.

Ahh EPA don't tear aprt your engine or remove it during any sort of inspections do they? So im guessing rebuilding a 25de would be near the perfect 'stealthiest' way to gain near 100RwKw without getting busted? Therefore me being on green p's non turbo theyd just let me go on my merry way :wub:

Been thinking bout the logical side of it for a while, as for the power gains Vs. financial input, that would be a whole different story... Can anyone answer this for meeeeeeeee, cheers.

Apart from the fact building a N/A RB25 is expensive and very very unrewarding for the $$ spend (you'll make not much more than stock turbo DET, but you'll spend 3xas much). 100rwkw is a LOT of power in N/A terms

That said, big cams etc etc set off emissions.

You couldnt run all that on the stock ECU - so no go if you get pinned. Would be motor out to fix the defect

hi, i just got a question . say for instance I was registered with another state like SA and i drove my car in vic with SA plates and registration are police here still allowed to defect me and if they are would you have to clear it at SA or in VIC

Your only allowed to legally drive a car for 3 months with interstate rego if you are a permanent resident in Victoria.

If your like a contractor, in the defence force etc its viable to get away with it and so on.

Otherwise its not that easy to 'get away' with and i wouldn't reccomend it as i believe its an offence that will carry fines etc.

Your only allowed to legally drive a car for 3 months with interstate rego if you are a permanent resident in Victoria.

If your like a contractor, in the defence force etc its viable to get away with it and so on.

Otherwise its not that easy to 'get away' with and i wouldn't reccomend it as i believe its an offence that will carry fines etc.

ahh k i see. but for instance if my full residence was made to be in SA and i prove it then I could drive here as much as I wanted to without them being able to do anyting

• 2 weeks later...

okaaaaaaay heres a good one

just thought i'd let everyone no about the situation, if anyone has any better idea other then dropping the motor and putting a stocker in then plz say so....

mate got epa notice on his 33gtr.. problem lies with the list of a/m parts

single t04z, external gat, screamer, pod, front mount, apexi fc, forgies, fpump, cametc etc

and the list goes on

now the big probs we have is, thie single turbz on gtr anyone had or heard of this sorta situation b4

cheers

easy take of the t04z, external gate, pod or fmic, power fc

anything that will increase emissions, forged engine wont do anything

but like Ash said big cams and a big turrbo are going to set of emissions really badly

cant do an engine swap of eninge number im guessing ?

if they check that

EPA dont care what engine number is in the car actually, its a minor oversight on their behalf so you can put anything in there you want... as long as its to spec.

Either way, high mounts are a no-no these days in Vic, maybe he can look into putting twins back on there and never have a major EPA worry again?

okaaaaaaay heres a good one

just thought i'd let everyone no about the situation, if anyone has any better idea other then dropping the motor and putting a stocker in then plz say so....

mate got epa notice on his 33gtr.. problem lies with the list of a/m parts

single t04z, external gat, screamer, pod, front mount, apexi fc, forgies, fpump, cametc etc

and the list goes on

now the big probs we have is, thie single turbz on gtr anyone had or heard of this sorta situation b4

cheers

I know the car.

That's just bad luck :(

Did he just receive a notice in the mail and that's it or was he pulled over and told by an officer that he'll be getting one?

Unfortunately he'll have to go back to a twin turbo set up with stock injectors, ECU, air box and exhaust.

Sadly, it won't be cheap exercise for him either.

Cheers

Archie

thanx for all the comments and help guys

that was the major issue i thought too (single turb)

unfortunatly due to heavy modded internals i think the best bet is new motor.

considering the price of all things needed gathering to "stock" down the motor...

its a real pain in the ass...

yeah notice was recieved in the mail, worst part for him was sum1 else was driving and thought he was home safe when the cop told him it was a gorgeous car and sent him on his way...

lots of hours to be spent on this thing now haha

Well cams and injectors (plus turbo side) is the only things i can think of.

nothing else will trick emissions (pistons etc dont have any effect)

The turbo side would stay (being you would just buy decent low mounts and stick with it)

Just an idea, stocking piping is easy enough to come buy as with manifolds etc.

It would probably work out almost change-over price for the highmount/gate setup too in terms of new lowmounts etc.

And you'll be making in the same league of power and response too id imagine, wouldnt be much in it apart from 'visual' difference

Beats buying a motor - that might be running like sh|t and trick off emissions anyhow - and pulling in/out etc.

Do it once and never worry about it again

Thats just my thoughts cause its Vic, hence i went lowmounts with my 26... i even had a big single lowmounted on my 25 and it wasnt passable enough :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I just got a question im wanting to put my front number plates on the ride side on my front bar and wondering if this can be defected , i dont think it can since cars like evos come stock like that, but ye was just wondering if anyone knew

this has been covered mate. search. but basically as long as its facing dead to the front and is visible at a 45 deg angle from both sides of the car then you are fine.

Corrcet info, that being said I have still been fined for this. It did however get overturned in court.