SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Need quick advise please .....

I have a car that is currently registered with SA plates for another couple weeks. I want to give it to me pa (who does about 20km's a month lol) so obviously it needs to be registered in vic. Now, do i just go to VicRoads and transfer it to Vic plates then get the transfer papers to transfer to me pa name? ...or is there an easier way? If i get the roadworthy myself will Vicroads want to inspect the car at any point in the process?

Also,

If i let the reg expire can i just go out an get a roadworthy, take that along with the transfer papers to Vicroads and get it transfered straight to his name with new reg no fuss? ...will Vicroads want to inspect the car at any point if u used this process???

Whats the best, no fuss way without having to take the car to Vicroads ...??? :P

VicRoads might, best to ring them on monday

Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. There is a criteria surrounding it but i cant remember honestly.

If its de-rego, same story. Some people ive known not to need to, but then i had to myself... so its all up in the air.

Best bet, get it here. And do the transfer to vic/pa's name at the same time. All you do i register it in Vic in his name in the first instance.

Bringing it here, transfer to your name, then to your pa's is just too long winded when you can go SA reg --> Vic Reg/Pa name at the same time with a RWC

quick question

if a cop/epa officer spots your car on the road and sees it as being too loud etc, can they send out a letter to you for a FULL epa emissions test or NOISE test only.

My mate got pulled over by a cop last week, popped the hood etc etc. This 32 (engine wise) is nearly dead stock apart from turbo back exhaust and pod. After the cop checked it out we got a defect notice for ride height too low and then a FULL EPA emissions test needed??

Under the hood is completely legal (1 intake mod)

I guess if the police officer wants to be a dick they can send you out for a full epa emissions test if they want, correct??

Edited by willL

quick question

if a cop/epa officer spots your car on the road and sees it as being too loud etc, can they send out a letter to you for a FULL epa emissions test or NOISE test only.

My mate got pulled over by a cop last week, popped the hood etc etc. This 32 (engine wise) is nearly dead stock apart from turbo back exhaust and pod. After the cop checked it out we got a defect notice for ride height too low and then a FULL EPA emissions test needed??

Under the hood is completely legal (1 intake mod)

I guess if the police officer wants to be a dick they can send you out for a full epa emissions test if they want, correct??

As with more and more matters it is "At the officers discretion".

hey guys, just a quick one. Got pulled over on dandy road last night and had my bonnet opened, now clearly I was in breach of the 1 intake mod thing, but I was not handed any form of infringement or even told I would be.Copper one had the measuring thingy and she passed. Copper 2 (was a right hottie :) ) had the torch and was checking everything out.... Are you normaly advised if they want to send you to the e pa? And I live in gippsland, so afaik I dont have to go @ all? Can anyone confirm this? :)

Thanks in advance!

No they don't have to advise you on the spot. :)

Ive never been advised of any EPA's ive had in the mail.

They can just go back, paperwork, EPA in the mail.

Its that easy for them as there are no rules surrounding it which makes it a fair load of crap :)

Sounds like run of the mill officers, they generally aren't too hard

Thanks for that Ash. Yeah I think I was lucky. They had seen me pass them some 2 hours earlier and were quizzing me on what I was doing travelling up and down dandy road.

I will be surprised if I get anything in the mail, but it certainly makes me think twice about modifying my car further!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, anyone been down to have their car EPA tested in moorabin? i'm due for a check and was just wondering how strict they are with the test?and if they are nice or not about it. lol

i rang them today and they said the whole car would be looked at, and would take an hour! the EPA in McLeod only took 15-20 minutes.

cheers.

G'day all,

I've got couple of q,

1, Would I need child resistant anchorages to pass rwc? (my 33 didn't come with one - speakers was in place) - couldn't find info @ vicroads site and my local mech have no idea.

2, Who have good RWC place near Frankston area? (Need second opinion and went to couple and they won't touch skylines for some reason)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Grant

hey guys, anyone been down to have their car EPA tested in moorabin? i'm due for a check and was just wondering how strict they are with the test?and if they are nice or not about it. lol

i rang them today and they said the whole car would be looked at, and would take an hour! the EPA in McLeod only took 15-20 minutes.

cheers.

Dude was fairly chilled but by the book. I failed for 4db over but he didn't care about the epv in the exhaust, however made me change it and redo the test.

• 3 weeks later...

i rang the moorabin mechanic where my car will be tested, and they said it will have to be put on a hoist and all.. so would that mean some of my oil leaks could be a problem aswell? its not really an emission, but could it still be considered an environmental problem?