SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Hi guys

I'm in need of a place that does RWC preferably around Preston area but anywhere decent would be really fine..say about not more than 30km from the city (actually any decent place you know please do advise me)

cheers

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if aftermarket 4WD controllers are legal?

I have not read a law against them (yet) but I'm sure the police may find one if necessary.

Does anyone know a law against adjusting the AWD system in your vehicle using an electronic device?

i got a defect for being to low , on the paper it said adjust it a little more higher thats it. he ticked the box RWC required and it was a minor. Now would i need to go to a workshop and get a RWC or do i just adjust the hieght at home then go to VIC roads and get them to check?

Thanks.

Geraus.

i believe if you change the rails yes

and a fixed back requires engineers also - as you legally have to re-rego it as a 2-seater only - and if you get busted with people in the backseat - god help you :P

They dont care, and for good reason.

In an event of an accident on the passenger side - how do people get out of the drivers?

Its purely a safety thing, and honestly something i very much agree with.

quick question re seats - and sorry I haven't read entire thread only the last little bit cause we're on the topic of seats sorta anyways:

I've removed my rear seats years ago to replace with mdf/fibreglass/multimedia etc and spent a day on the phones chasing around requirements. Finally, the answer was that if i didn't change the metal/structure/parcelshelf or anything existing, then i didn't need an engineers certificate. People have told me i need to re-register but I never have and have been pulled over by cops up to 6 times already this year but nothing, nobody says anything.

do i speak to vic roads before rego is due next time, or remain how is as it can be changed back and not permanent? has it got something to do with the seatbelts if they are removed or not?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Got defected twice this weekend :P one for tyres being a bit too bald and the other for blue parkers. I copped a major for the tyres with RWC needed. Now my car will pass easily except for one thing... is it un-roadworthy to not have a fan shroud? Should i hide my boost controller somewhere? or is that only an EPA thing?

Hi,

I did a search but can't seem to find an exact answer to my questions.

I'm looking at buying a skyline from NSW. The car would have a NSW RWC with it.

1. What do I need to get it registered in my name in VIC?

2. Do I need to get a VIC RWC again?

3. Also, since the car is not rego-ed in VIC, when driving back from NSW with an NSW rego, do I need to apply for temp rego from Vicroads?

4. What should I be getting from the seller in NSW? i.e. What kind of documents?

Sorry for these questions as I'll be relocating to melbourne for work come end June. Thank you.

Hi,

I did a search but can't seem to find an exact answer to my questions.

I'm looking at buying a skyline from NSW. The car would have a NSW RWC with it. - If you're going to transfer the rego to Victoria, I wouldn't bother getting NSW one.

1. What do I need to get it registered in my name in VIC? See below.

2. Do I need to get a VIC RWC again? Yes you do need to obtain RWC in Victoria.

3. Also, since the car is not rego-ed in VIC, when driving back from NSW with an NSW rego, do I need to apply for temp rego from Vicroads? Just drive around until you get Victorian RWC and go to Vicroads to swap the plates over.

4. What should I be getting from the seller in NSW? i.e. What kind of documents? You'll need some sort of ownership transfer form and possibly receipt for stamp duty (not 100% but Vicroads site should cover this).

Sorry for these questions as I'll be relocating to melbourne for work come end June. Thank you.

See bold text for answers.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Cheers

See bold text for answers.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Cheers

Thanks mate.

Just another quick question:

If I still need to obtain another RWC in VIC, the RWC in NSW is not really needed right? ---> was that what you meant in your answer to my first question?

cheers

Edited by meowdog

Thanks mate.

Just another quick question:

If I still need to obtain another RWC in VIC, the RWC in NSW is not really needed right? ---> was that what you meant in your answer to my first question?

cheers

Yes, if you're going to register it in VIC, what is the point of getting NSW cos they're different (all state of Australia have different laws in Roadworthy).

Another reason to bargain the price down a bit.