SAU Community

What Would Be A Fair Asking Price For My Ride?

abcent

Berin,

I went through this about 8 months ago and agree that you would be pushing to get $20k. Unfortunately there are a lot of cheap 33's for sale out there and every buyer wants something for nothing. I'd strip the easy to remove bits and then stick to your guns for the money you want...eventually someone will buy this prime example and know what it is worth.

Good luck with it :D

As others have said, breaking will recoup some funds and you are probably one of the better placed people to do it with your mechanical skills (unlike me!). It is also better to sell or at least start advertising when you dont really need to sell it as by the time you are desperate to sell (such as having found your new car, need funds etc), you can bet your bottom dollar, you won't sell it for anything reasonable and end up giving it away. My Lexus took 9 months to sell but thats another story.

If you do decide Evo, my advise is not to get any older than a 6 which are mid to high 20's at the mo but they hold their values quite well so aren't dropping a great deal.

Good luck :D

advertise it for what you want. it wont hurt.

i advertised mine for 11k, and got sold it for $200 dollars less.

i know its a different car, but it might work. you never know.

my 2c.

also no intent to offend, however the sort of prices ive seen floating around this thread... pwoooaaarrrr "good luck" are about my only words

it depends on weather or not your after a quick sale, or more money in your account! because selling an r33 isnt easy... took me a year!

at $15K with bodykit and 18" rims in allmost immaculate condition my r33 was getting very few bites... and the bites it was getting were people interested in a more modified car!

so perhalps advertise it fully modified first and see how your luck is... but keep in mind people can almost get a 33 gtr for $20k - $26k

Edited by Ruffels

Really? I like Evo V's Al :)

I'd be stripping it and selling it in parts man, you'll get a lot more for it that way. Sell it as a nice looking stocker (exhaust/filter type deal) and flog the parts, which will be easy.

They are nice but remember you will be getting into high km territory and these cars werent designed to be driven lightly so the older the car, the more abuse they will likely have encountered and for peace of mind, the $$ increase isnt massive. I could have got a nice 6 for $33K but paid 3K extra and got my 7 which was 2 years newer and 30,000kms less.

also no intent to offend, however the sort of prices ive seen floating around this thread... pwoooaaarrrr "good luck" are about my only words

it depends on weather or not your after a quick sale, or more money in your account! because selling an r33 isnt easy... took me a year!

at $15K with bodykit and 18" rims in allmost immaculate condition my r33 was getting very few bites... and the bites it was getting were people interested in a more modified car!

so perhalps advertise it fully modified first and see how your luck is... but keep in mind people can almost get a 33 gtr for $20k - $26k

two ppl have offered me over 20k in the past 2 weeks. So shit does happen. I was suprised. Now I'm ready for an rb26 conversaion. I love the 2wd action.

two ppl have offered me over 20k in the past 2 weeks. So shit does happen. I was suprised. Now I'm ready for an rb26 conversaion. I love the 2wd action.

quite seriously.... you were a bit silly to have not accepted the $20k.. because you'll never get an offer like that ever again!

r33's are not worth anywhere near that much... unless its an immaculate S2 1998 40th anniversary model with like 10,000km ... even then i wouldnt say 20k... unless that 20k is in your bank account ... its still just an offer... ive had people say they'd give me lots for my car also... when selling time came around... no luck, ended up selling it for 14k and that was 1 year after it was first advertised

im not calling you a liar... im just saying its hard to come to grips with the harsh truth of car depreciation.. i paid $18k for my car 25 months ago... and when i went to sell it i was shocked at what it was worth...

an old saying... "something is only worth what someone is prepaired to pay for it" and with petrol prices going the way its going, p plate laws getting tighter, the age of the car growing older and older... top dollar can no longer be expected... that said however... you may be an exception to the majority... so good luck :unsure:

-Ruffels

Edited by Ruffels

maybe it was just u no offence cos i sold my car today for 13 nd the thing was half f*ked, 1 mirror was broken due to footy, engine had a missfire, coupla other lil things front bar was cracked

So true ;),

I've spent over 10k on my shitbox R32gtr and i only got offer for $24k, genuine offered.

Ok i lied :laugh:, GTR ownership will cost you more but you get shit load of fun.

I did spend over 10K but 90% of it went to FUN FACTOR, the rest for fuel, oil, sparkies....clutch lol!