SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

not sure on the logic of more boost using less fuel haha.. but .. its worth a try.

I think I am going slightly mad.. but I remember saying somewhere that the stagea

o2 sensors are supposed to be replaced at 40 and 80 thousand kays..

so I bet a lot of people that have imported a stag at say 100,000 have never

had the o2 sensor replaced ever.

its on our list of things to do next weekend

calculated it currenty and its around 15L / 100km

hmmmm.... not sure if my o2 sensor was replaced when the conversion was done or not... may have to give that a try: it can't hurt (except my wallet). What's a replacement 02 sensor worth, anyone?? Will it be different for a '26??

I have run mostly 98 RON but running 95 RON doesn't seem to make any difference to the economy or running of the car.

Pity BP don't give any discounts on fuel. Which means that I have to keep going back to Woolworths liquor to get my discount vouchers so that I can get my 4c off the fuel..... well that's my excuse! :P

Caltex/Woolies Vortex 98 seems alright anyway. But every now and then I am probably gonna run a tank of 95.

yeah I've done the 02 sensor, they are dirt cheap just pick up the ngk one for the 33 gtst, it did help but not as much as I was hoping :P

Is there a discription of how to do his? Are the 33 O2 sensors the same for the series 2 as well?

hmmmm.... not sure if my o2 sensor was replaced when the conversion was done or not... may have to give that a try: it can't hurt (except my wallet). What's a replacement 02 sensor worth, anyone?? Will it be different for a '26??

I think you might need two for the '26, but for the RB25 they're around $80each, last I remember...

Is there a discription of how to do his? Are the 33 O2 sensors the same for the series 2 as well?
go buy an o2 sensor socket

and remove

it takes all of 10 minutes total to do it

There should be a description in the DIY threads, if not in the Stagea section then definitely in one of the other maintenance sections.

As Grant said, it's not a difficult job to do if you have the right tools, but due to exposure to heat, the sensor can be physically hard to remove. A bit of WD40 and some elbow grease is pretty much all that you need.

lol it is that easy too.

rb25 (series 1) direct fit is OZA395-E2

rb25 (series 2) just a generic one like EL ford, need to change plug

rb26 is OTD2F-P1P (rear direct fit ) and same again or generic for front need to change plug

I have run mostly 98 RON but running 95 RON doesn't seem to make any difference to the economy or running of the car.

Pity BP don't give any discounts on fuel. Which means that I have to keep going back to Woolworths liquor to get my discount vouchers so that I can get my 4c off the fuel..... well that's my excuse! :D

Caltex/Woolies Vortex 98 seems alright anyway. But every now and then I am probably gonna run a tank of 95.

lucky for us we have a BP near us that does do 4cents off so thats my winner :rofl::domokun: I find with Woolies Vortex98 i dont get as many km's to a tank????

Good call, thanks Grant - would have thought of that a little late! :D

ive done it before not thinking

went and started swapping a turbo on a friends car he just got done driving.....really hurt

lucky for us we have a BP near us that does do 4cents off so thats my winner :D:rofl: I find with Woolies Vortex98 i dont get as many km's to a tank????

Hey Kirstie, which BP gives the discount and how do ya get it?

Cheers, Al

what size (external nut diameter ) are most of the o2 sensors?

I wonder if a standard deep socket would work?

yeah seeing where the sensor is .. its definately going to be much easier to remove with a dedicated socket. Right tool for the job and all that !

I still as yet have to get a consult cable on the car and check for fault codes - I have been so slack!

what size (external nut diameter ) are most of the o2 sensors?

I wonder if a standard deep socket would work?

yeah seeing where the sensor is .. its definately going to be much easier to remove with a dedicated socket. Right tool for the job and all that !

Is it just a matter of undoing the old sensor? Like a spark plug?

yeha

but unless you cut off the lead fmor your OLD o2 sensor you cant use a socket

the O2 socket has a gap you can slide the wire out of

i have one, best investment ever when i need to remove it

other option is to take off your o2huosing and then remove with a wrench.

But go to your local parts store

its like 20 bucks for hte socket