SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

Stag i know that. What i mean is AMGs and M motorsports. They still havent tweak the curent diesel yet. Although AMG did some on the C 270CDI in a very limitied numbers.

The most impressive diesel powerplant goin to be on sale in Oz if it ever come is the BMW new 320 TDI twin turbo. A 2 liter engine able to pump out 200hp!! :D .

Thats only around 149kw. Not much compared to some 2L petrol turbo engines. I think the torque figures on the diesel would be more impressive.

The later SR20DETs were 2L and pumped out 184kw (247hp). max torque however was only ~275Nm and not until 4800rpm or something.

So yes I think the impressive part about the diesel is not the max power, but the combination of max power and max torque and how low in the revs this torque is available.

Thats only around 149kw. Not much compared to some 2L petrol turbo engines. I think the torque figures on the diesel would be more impressive.

The later SR20DETs were 2L and pumped out 184kw (247hp). max torque however was only ~275Nm and not until 4800rpm or something.

So yes I think the impressive part about the diesel is not the max power, but the combination of max power and max torque and how low in the revs this torque is available.

yea the BMW twin turbo diesel is the 1st diesel engine to break the 1liter to 100hp barrier. Dont forget the the the current generation first batch M5 5ltr engine broke the 500hp barrier. But the torque of the M5 can be matched by the 535D. So use our imgination WHAT IF!! a diesel engine with a 5ltr capacity with a twin turbo can do to a Lambo or a Ferrari?! :D:woot::P:banana:

Like i said before just waiting for mad engineers to tune a crazy ass connon rail diesel engine that can kick butt. The theory is if a petrol car goes fast is nothing new but if a diesel car goes fast thats something isnt it? :banana:

HELLO WHAT HAS DIESEL`S GOT TO DO WITH THE FUEL USE OF THE STAGEA :cheers: ,WHAT WOULD YOU BUY A 2.5 TURBO OR A DIESEL SLUG :rofl: ,COME ON LAD`S SOME OF US WILL LOOK AT DIFFERENT THING`S ,THE LPG HAS TO BE A GOOD THING,IN UK,HOLLAND LPG IS USED A FAIR BIT & WAS A GOOD PRICE. WHY IS IT THAT THE COST`S GO UP WHEN GOVERNMENTS GIVE OUT SUB`S TO GET MORE CAR`S USING LPG THEN UP THE COST PER LITRE & NOT LITTLE RISE`S,HAVING SEEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ENGINE THAT HAS DONE A 100,000 KM`S ON LPG&PET,IT A BIG ON LPG NICE & CLEAN YOU WOULD NO THINK THAT IT HAD DONE THEM SORT OF KM`S,& THEN THE PET NOT THAT FLASH BLACK SHIT EVERY WEAR,SO I WILL BE HAVING A CHAT WITH THE BOY`S AT PROFIRE :sleep: .ALL SO AFTER SEEING R34 NEO WITH THIS SYSTEM ON IT,IT`S A GREAT SET UP 370 KM`S ON 50 LITRE`S IS VERY GOOD,I WILL HAVE AT CHAT WITH THE OWNER OF THE R34NEO(CHRIS),& GET SOME PHOTO`S OF HIS SET UP,SO HOPE TO BE POSTING SOME BIT`S UP SOON,cheer`s chuckie.

WELL LAD`S YOU WILL NOT LIKE THE COST OF PROFIRE SYSTEM I THINK IT`S ABOUT $7000 TO $8000.SO WHO EVER SAID THAT IT WOULD COST $1750 :blush::D:D ,HAVEN SPOKE TO CHRIS HOW HAS R34 NEO IS VERY HAPPY WITH HIS SET UP 350 KM`S FOR 50LT`S OF LP SO THAT`S GOOD AS GOOD A PULP,SO IT SHOULD BE WORTH THE COST + HIS TIME`S AT THE DRAG`S WE`ER GOOD ,WILL HAVE TO GET CHRIS TO PUT SOME POST`S UP WITH SOME PIC`S ,WELL HOPE THIS HAS HELPED SOME ONE OUT .cheer`s chuckie.

Hi Chuckie,

My calculations are based on total conversion cost of $3750 less $2000 Government grant already claimed= $1750 out of pocket cost based on Gas Research system www.gra.com.au.

I considered the SGI (sequential gas injection) system however opted for the proven GRA dedicated LPG performance setup on this occasion.

The Profile SGI system (still under development according to their website, show a Skyline R33 GST with 180RW/KW) looks quite good, but at $7K-$8K, even with $3K subsidy (in WA), your payback would be quite long, however would expect the SGI LPG fuel economy (l/100km) to be better than GRA - almost rivalling petrol on a like vs like basis?

Some pics of the SGI R34 Skyline would be great.

Agree with your comments on extensive development having already taken place to date (& continual development) in Europe on SGI LPG setups in the last few years-Tartarini, Easyjet, BRC, Teleflex, Icom JTG liquid injection etc.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but would the Administrators/Moderators consider a new Forum subsection titled "Alternative Fuels" in SAU say like other forums such as www.calaisturbo.com.au?

G`DAY RS4SM GOOD CALL ON SUBSECTION.YES HAVING SEEN SOME OF THE THING`S GOING ON 2 YEAR`S AGO & TO SEE WHAT`S HAPPENING KNOW THEY HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB ,SO IF A FEW MORE GET THE CONVERSION`S DONE YOU WILL SEE A IMPROVEMENT IN ENGINE LIFE ,I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY (APPEALING) THAT THEIR COULD BE A TANK SET UP FROM NEW ZEALAND FOR THE STAGEA SO THAT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE.CHEER`S chuckie.

chuckie im just merel stating the facts. Laying out all the different options. Yes agree with the subsidies given by the govt. Did you know that when the govt gives out the subsidies for conveting to lpgd, the lpg conversions places put up their prices too??

Every decision that we make is always comes down to the costing. Cleaner burning fuel will means sacrifices in a few aspects of it. Like i said before its all up to the individuals to decide. Im not asking people not to convert to Lpg but merely asking them to rethink in regards of the pros and contras. Cos converting to LPG is not cheap. And we have to make sure that is the right decision. And no regrets later.

on your statement in regards of price hike. The govt is goign to raise the cost of lpg incremently. now Lpg is a waste product when boring into an oil well right? So why the price hike? I tell you why, cos we are getting suckered into this by the govt. We are getting "milked" by the govt.

Calculations include the benefits of Federal (and State) Government grants (rebate).

Using this calculator here

http://www.lpgautogas.com.au/index.cfm?action=MyCar

lol according to this website my car is a "light 4cyl". My car's average fuel consumption is around 12L/100km and even at 15L/100km they classify this as a "light 6cyl"....weird. Obviously the govt dont agree with their own (extremely optimistic) ratings for vehicle fuel consumption :P

Well after getting my car on Saturday - I had to fill up the car (importer didn't fill up car but gave me $50 for the pain) filled it up. and got around 240-250 when i refilled at half tank. So with the way I drive i should get around 450 - 500k

But from I've been reading in this thread, it all comes down driving style and possibly what mods are installed in the car.

Well after getting my car on Saturday - I had to fill up the car (importer didn't fill up car but gave me $50 for the pain) filled it up. and got around 240-250 when i refilled at half tank. So with the way I drive i should get around 450 - 500k

But from I've been reading in this thread, it all comes down driving style and possibly what mods are installed in the car.

you'll only get 450-500k with your mother-in-law in the car

Top half uses a lot more fuel then bottom half. I think you'll find the bottom half of fuel will go through quickly. I get 200-220 for the top half.

Stag i know that. What i mean is AMGs and M motorsports. They still havent tweak the curent diesel yet. Although AMG did some on the C 270CDI in a very limitied numbers.

The most impressive diesel powerplant goin to be on sale in Oz if it ever come is the BMW new 320 TDI twin turbo. A 2 liter engine able to pump out 200hp!! :blink: .

from my local paper this morning

Following the success of its Le Mans-winning diesel-powered R10 TDI, Audi is looking at the possibility of turning to diesel for a road-going supercar, based on the R8.

This concept, unveiled at the Detriot Motor Show, is powered by the same 6.0-litre bi-turbo TDI engine showcased in the Q7 V12 TDI SUV - which is similar, in concept, to the R10 TDI race engine.

It develops 375kW and over 950Nm of torque from 1,750rpm, producing an acceleration time of 4.2 seconds from 0-100km/h and top speeds in excess of 300km/h.

and

The R8's system also integrates Audi's AdBlue technology, where small quantities of aqueous urea solution are injected into the exhaust system helping to minimise emissions.

Audi says the combination of this state-of-the-art ultra-low emission system with the use of advanced common rail fuel injection and twin particulate filters should mean the R8 diesel concept would comply with EU6 emission limits, proposed for 2014.

Just ran my first full tank through the Stagea since I fitted the 26. Got 490kms on 56L which included mostly open road (with a fair bit of WOT) but a bit of round town driving aswell. Interestingly I only got 200kms out of the first half.

I'm just about to fill up again with the km's sitting on 420km with mostly round town driving & one hour long open road trip. I must say I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised.

*shakes fist * damn you !

so your saying that with a rb26dett your getting BETTER fuel econ than most 25DET's?

Just ran my first full tank through the Stagea since I fitted the 26. Got 490kms on 56L which included mostly open road (with a fair bit of WOT) but a bit of round town driving aswell. Interestingly I only got 200kms out of the first half.

I'm just about to fill up again with the km's sitting on 420km with mostly round town driving & one hour long open road trip. I must say I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised.

I get around 420-430km (before the light comes on) normal driving from mine (rb26/297awkw), but if it's a 'spirited' week, then I'm lucky to get 300km before the light comes on. I realise there is still heaps of fuel left in the tank when this happens, but I'm the paranoid type.

I have had up to 480 on a 'highway only' run, but that's the best I've done. Ever.

I get around 420-430km (before the light comes on) normal driving from mine (rb26/297awkw), but if it's a 'spirited' week, then I'm lucky to get 300km before the light comes on. I realise there is still heaps of fuel left in the tank when this happens, but I'm the paranoid type.

I have had up to 480 on a 'highway only' run, but that's the best I've done. Ever.

Did a run to Perth last week, got 300k outta 42ltrs, Kal to Merriden, happy with that, dunno what it does in the city & not concerned as you have to drive harder to avoid road rage & keep up with the others right?

Cheers GW :D