SAU Community

Beer Baron's Japan Photo Diary

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well twice a year for the last 3 years actually :w00t:

half a day back in sydney and I'm already pissed off and stressed out. fark, 10mins off the plane and I was appalled at the attitude or some people in this country. no one takes responsibility for anything and most don't even take pride in their work. unlike most japanese people I know and have seen who take great pride in even the most menial of task. anyway, hopefully going through and uploading pics either tonight or tomorrow will cheer me up a bit. :)

Ahh man, i come back 2 days without checking the thread and uve put up more stuff!!

Fantastic!

So are you coming back for good? or just back for holidays?

home is sydney for now. got too much good stuff going on here with work, family, friends etc to leave. but the temptation gets stronger every time I go back to japan to just stay there. :w00t:

some more nismo festival pics.

Fuji Speedway media centre. nice place. but like all places in-doors in japanese winter it's about 35% with 0% humidity so your skin dries out in about the time it takes to walk from the door to your desk.

img5742bk1.jpg

plenty of old school nissan goodness there too :devil:

img5752pi1.jpg

Group A GTR engine

img5758hd9.jpg

2 Group A GTRs. 2 of the most famous even.

img5759le7.jpg

a giant sized pad.

img5763wm6.jpg

used GT 500 disks. $50 a piece.

img5766mi5.jpg

Sunline Racing front pipes. Very, very nice. I was sorely tempted to buy a set. but a bit of a mission to carry around, even with a lift.

img5776hg5.jpg

The yellow hat Z looks pretty cool. :P

img5783qk1.jpg

img5790yk3.jpg

having all areas access means you can get right up to the cars even when they are receiving service in the pits, and get shots like these :P

img5787ae8.jpg

img5795le5.jpg

one of the team nismo cars.

img5798uh1.jpg

who wouldn't want to get into that cockpit?

img5807kf7.jpg

I now have one of these bad boys on it's way to me. 19X13 inch forged magnesium GT500 wheel. noice :/

img5799id6.jpg

A Zed fans wet dream. dozens of Super Taikyu Cars. They sound awesome too. They actually raced one against a new R35 GTR road car. The R35 absolutely spanked it. Especially when they did a 0-400m test. but the ST car sounded better. :)

img5811hv1.jpg

The ST cars look like a nice place to be inside too. 1 is shift RPM the 2 is launch RPM. nice.

img5818lz9.jpg

img5820fk8.jpg

ST engines looked pretty sweet. Sounded very tough too, but not a huge amount of power in them sadly.

img5826tx9.jpg

img5827qg2.jpg

The endless cars always look super cool. This is the endless ST car next to the endless GT car. nice and easy to spot differences.

img5828lu9.jpg

img5830lh2.jpg

img5835ge9.jpg

img5838hp6.jpg

GT car receiving service.

img5839wp3.jpg

GT Engine

img5840ny7.jpg

more group A goodness.

img5842gi9.jpg

img5862pt0.jpg

ummmm, yes please!

img5866su7.jpg

LM car aint to shabby either I reckon!

img5863fw1.jpg

Inside a Super GT GT-500 34 GTR. just amazing cars. They really are the F1 of tin tops.

img5870pl1.jpg

img5875io0.jpg

GT500 RB26. The grand daddy of all GTR engines. God I wanted to wheel it away. :devil: It's amazing how compact they are with small cam covers, and with dry sump the sump pan under the engine is tiny. making it a much smaller power plant than stock.

img5877vv4.jpg

img5878lh4.jpg

img5879om7.jpg

what can you say about these bad boys? just breathtaking. and sound insane.

img5898xw2.jpg

Ok, that's enough for now. Some more of the heavy hitters after lunch. :P

OMFG I couldn't be more jealous! Seriously, are you willing to take some other Nismo enthusiasts with you next time? *drool*

Unbelievable once-in-a-lifetime pics! Keep them coming!

p.s. I can't believe the RB26 is running internal wastegate turbos .... I guess they are limited somewhat by factory specs ....