SAU Community

Making A Dose Pipe

Mid_Nite_R33

Jusr wondering if anyone has made a dose pipe for their turbos in here, if you did then where is a good place to buy some pipe with a bend in it so you can do it yourself?

Laterz!

post-22289-1179728519_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mid_Nite_R33

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....the real question, what sort of noise are you looking for. Bass Junky was looking into making some replacement induction pipes, aint as easy as you'd think mate. Problem is all the other anti pollution gear and other pipes that connect to the intake between the turbo and the air flow meter. Also the bends are a bit of a bastard :)

Well.....the real question, what sort of noise are you looking for. Bass was looking into making some replacement induction pipes, aint as easy as you'd think mate :)

Was hoping amplify the flutter with the bov blocked off, i know its tricky stuff but i got time... Was thinking about a 3"pipe with a bend and then use a silicon reducers to attach to the turbo, any metal pipe should sound different than the stock rubber pipe.

Ohhh ok got ya, you want pipe off the front of the turbo huh, what sort of turbo are you running? Never heard of it being called a "dose pipe" :teehee:

he wants the fully sick hektik noise they refer to as "dose"

I wouldn't say better hehe, sounds kinda ghey to me, it's sort of like the air fluttering sound that i like except about 10 times higher pitched and squealy.

Look up "r32 dose" in youtube for a reference, theres a few on there with under engine vids, relocated afm's and the that

to get it sounding ok which was what i had...

Cooler

Pod

metal cooler pipes (although works with anything)

And No Bov...

thats it and away u go..

to make it hardcore like a Bloody VL SICK BRO!!! U get a tiny pipe off the front of the turbo bend it 90 deg down and put a tiny filter on the end...

relocate the afm and ur away...

All your dosing info here :teehee:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28060

When you start running well over stock boost, and have larger intercoolers / intake piping obviously there's a lot more air in the intake system, and it will be at higher pressure - so when you back off the throttle there's a lot of air trying to escape through the compressor. This means it will be slowed down quite quickly and violently, which puts large loads on the turbo bearings, wheels, and shaft. Repeated hammering by high boost backoffs can harm the turbo, and the amount of slowing each time causes a lag when the turbo spools back up after each backoff / gearchange.