SAU Community

Making A Dose Pipe

Mid_Nite_R33

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey listen andru, that's completely uncalled for.

if you arc up everytime you're told you're wrong, you're in for a torrid future mate.

ok so calling you a dickhead might not be the best thing, but you were wrong, simple as that.

don't get defensive, just learn from people who know.

threats made on a public forum, are exactly that, threats. legally, you can be held accountable.

if you were like that to any of the admins, I'm sure you'd be out.

all i'm saying is chill out - be smarter than that.

take it easy.

ahahhaha see wat i mean justin,

i dont think i can even find the very 1st thred i amde here about 2-3 years ago.

basicly still in high school i was 17 years old and wanted to know how much a R34 was. eveyrone on here laughed at me and told me to F off.

a year later posted up pics of my new ride, no one believed me.

all I want to know is if you were 17, 3 years ago, and you're 18 now then can you please direct me towards the fountain of youth you have.

also, "dose" is a colloquial term used to describe catching a variety of STDs....

On a serious note are stock bovs blocked because they only allow a certain amount of psi through?

no, so people can make 'cooler' noises.

even if the BOV was limited in bleeding off excess pressure (boost), it would still be better than nothing, rather than blocking if off entirely.

see how many GTRs retain their twin factory BOVs - they work well and work on MASSIVE power cars.

i would go so far as to get a spare pair in case one of mine breaks.

no, so people can make 'cooler' noises.

even if the BOV was limited in bleeding off excess pressure (boost), it would still be better than nothing, rather than blocking if off entirely.

see how many GTRs retain their twin factory BOVs - they work well and work on MASSIVE power cars.

i would go so far as to get a spare pair in case one of mine breaks.

Sorry I meant Rb20/25's, Im not sure about gtrs, everything on them seem to handle high HP well.

Im sure I heard somewhere that the factory bov's on rb20 or 25 won't do much over 12 or 14psi?

Sorry I meant Rb20/25's, Im not sure about gtrs, everything on them seem to handle high HP well.

Im sure I heard somewhere that the factory bov's on rb20 or 25 won't do much over 12 or 14psi?

they dont hold more than 10psi

Hes talking about the standard BOV, not turbo. My cars been on 14psi daily for over a year and a half and its never skipped a beat, altho my stock bov was blocked ages ago thats why I was wondering what is the limit of a stock bov.

Edited by Lukaz

wow this topic got a little heated.

on a happier/funny note. while watching those "dose" videos on you tube, i stumbled across this.. i found it funny. if your got 4 and a half minutes to watch it, it may put a smile on ya face.

truck dose. (little off the topic)

You assholes are as funny as hughsey with a pelican in his pants.

I remember the first Autosalon....... every clown blocking their BOV and revving to hear the sik tunes!

I have received much enjoyment from reading this thread and for that I thankyou all, even the dickheads that are obviously not learning anything at tertiary school.

FFS, ROFLAPIMP.

(rolling on floor laughing and peeing in my pants).

you guys are nuttier than an elephants poo.

(as long as the elephant eats as many peanuts as suggested in many TV shows)

:P

Mid_nite - that picture I showed up the top will get you an extremely loud VL TURBO dose, its exactly what all the muzzas get on there car.

yer i know, I'll try that when I relocate the AFM, atm i got a 90 Deg zinc pipe off the turbo with AFM at the end, sounds like a VL but the flutter is not as long as the VLs, so I guess running no AFM will help that going on for longer?

no its just the fact they use the word "dose" where the hell did that come from?!? flutter is fine by me used to have crazy flutter on the 180 when my pod protruded out of my guard hahahaha. but yeh if you want a "dose" pipe get either an exhaust shop to make it or do it yourself (just measure what bends you need, go to an exhaust shop, get the bends then weld them together.)

Another mate had this guy come up to him when he was welding a cage. and goes "hey bro what you making? a dose pipe?" some people dont even know that its the intake pipe and think its a mistical mod you add to your car to make it "dose" the guy i just mentioned wants him to make him a "dose" pipe so his Prelude can make the noise "all i want is for it to dose"

DOSE is from thomo (thomastown) and it comes orginall from the vl's but 33's seem to be the bigest culprits now. Getting customers the DOSE is big money now....