SAU Community

Making A Dose Pipe

Mid_Nite_R33

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahah yeah i think dose is a pretty funny word lol but how it is related to flutter i do not know....

Why not make a 'dose pipe'?

I think that turbo cars that dont make any noise are just plain boring. >_<

*awaits flamage*

I think "dose pipe" is as funny as hell but it's an open forum and I'm sick of seeing new users hammered for asking questions or having different views to the majority :)

I dare you to join the minority group and see what happens to YOU :sorcerer:

Dose pipes, metal intake pipes, flutter.. it all means the same thing --- SSoooOTuTuTuTuTU!!

Who cares that you get defected for it, if you drive a skyline and a cop makes you pop your bonnet you get done for any stupid thing they feel like pickin on anyway...Mehhh!

PS-don't need to get off the topic and add other bs, relate your post to my original topic thats on page ONE!

.......................................Suuuukutukutukutututu....................

Translated as:

Suck you too, k, you too, k, you too, you too, you too............................... :/

I have one of those apexi metal intake pipes, I can confirm that the intake noise is louder than a plastic one. It is also more high pitched.

I tried blocking the BOV off, and yes full hektic flutter was abundant. But I wa not a fan of the overfueling, stalling and whatnot.

care factor.

if it's being detrimental to my car, then the care factor is f*cking huge.

Couldn't think of anything worse that to intentially create mechanical problems to my car

if it's being detrimental to my car, then the care factor is f*cking huge.

Couldn't think of anything worse that to intentially create mechanical problems to my car

What mechanical problems does a metal intake pipe create for your car?

he is talking about leaving the bov blocked off and lettting it surge its ass off every time the throttle body closes

it's arguable that letting the compressor surge its ass off every time causes damage, i agree

do a survey of 100 vl turbos with captain insano surge and ask them how many have done turbo rebuilds

.......................................Suuuukutukutukutututu....................

care factor. soo! soo! soOOkutukutukutututu...

:ermm:

So are you going to post anything of interest or a bunch of letters each time?

Pointless threads get sent to the wasteland, and this isnt far from it now

I run a 6 inch straight metal pipe off the turbo with a small filter on the end, I beleive it should "by theory" suck in more cool air than my last setup which was a pod filter fitted up near where the standard airbox was mounted. The piping to the pod was mostly steel apart from 1 90degree bend which was rubber. Im still yet to test to see if the straight pipe is more responsive because my clutch is slipping so I don't want to drive it on boost till I get a new one.

And yes it makes it sound exactly like a vl turbo, its "doses" are insanely loud, too loud sometimes when you just want to drive normally.

Oh and I run after market computer so no afm and blocked bov - hence the very loud flutters.