SAU Community

Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide

• 2 weeks later...

I would someone to elaborate on what the term light track work means??? Track driving every so often? Only pushing the brake pedal lightly while doing track work??? I dont know..

My feedback for the A1RMs...they work well BUT MAN do they wear quickly! Pretty much smash a set in one track day.

What is the best pad for track use with 0 street use?

I call "light track use" track days, supersprints, hillclimbs. 3-10 laps at a time so the heat is not a huge problem (ie they cool down between sessions)

heavy track use would be essentially continuous work - 20min - 12 hours at a time. Brakes won't cool down, they stay hot and have to perform at that level.

I was very impressed with the Hawk HT60 for heavy track use. I currently have the SBS carbon and they are good but not as good as the hawks.

but once you get to the race only pads most of them are pretty good. If you don't need the compromises of street use I think it makes life a bit easier

What is the best pad for track use with 0 street use?

Project Mu H16-03. Control pad of the V8 Supercars, and still quite streetable. Also widely used in rally where brakes are needed from dead cold and the cars have to be driven on public roads. Will also last ALOT longer than the A1RM. Not one V8 team last year at Bathurst HAD to do a pad change during the race, they only did them because they're required to by the regs. Same couldn't be said for the previous pad they used...

H16-03 to suit 4 pot non Brembo are $469, H16-03 to suit Brembo are $519. For the rear we'd just go club racer, which are $325 and $350 respectively.

I have 33 gtr over 500hp at the wheels very well set up 1600kg with me in it,Runing Alcons 365 front and 335rear have used many different pads for the track.have just started using the Project Mu Club racers 150-800.I put a new set in last week did 45 laps round lakeside very hard braking doing low 58 sec laps.Pulled them out after and measured them with Marty from Racer Industries had only used 1-2mm max of pad,we where both quite amazed.Driving out to the track they where fine cold,In the morning practice sessions i was doing 8-10 laps straight and they worked exactly the same from lap 1 to 10 unreal.Great feel, best pad i have used yet.my 2c

Edited by JGB33

• 1 month later...

I need to replace my rear brake pads for my s14. Something that will stand up to some hard driving for at least 20mins. Planning to spend around $75.

dust, noise and rotor wear I can live with.

any ideas guys?

Edited by Peter89

Hi Peter,

I'd go a European made performance pad called Remsa, rated to 650 degrees (or 100 degrees better than QFM HPX or Bendix Ultimate) and what we supply as a trade servicing pad to high end Euro sports cars. $79 for the set, and heaps in stock.

Regards,

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been looking for some replacement pads for a 32 gts-t from the Project Mu line-up. However was looking into the Type NS's and B-Spec's, and was wondering if for street driving which of these would be better suited?

Presumably the B-Spec's would be better pads, but for at most hard street use are they worth the extra dollars?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Brake Pad - QFM A1RM

Brake Caliper - Std '89 R32 GTR Calipers, front & rear (rebuilt 2009)

Brake Rotors - Std '89 R32 GTR Diameter, RDA Slotted and Vented Rotors F+R

Brake Fluid - Motul Dot 4 of some description

Brake Mods - Braided lines, front and rear, master cylinder brace, master cylinder re-cylinder 2008

Love the A1RM's. They stop from the get go and only get better. They make NO sound, they leave NO brake dust, they're relatively cheap and they kick some serious arse imho. I've never tracked the A1RM pads but from my street use (including some 'spirited' hills driving) they are amazing. I constantly make my friends have loosened bowels when I choose to brake hard. On second thoughts maybe thats not the best selling point.

Anyhow, the A1RM pads ROCK for street use (better than bendix ultimates by several factors) and I daresay they would be good for the occasional fast lap at your local speedway

Cheerio

-D

Hi Guys,

Just got my Remsa pads in the mail, now waiting for my DBA4000 rotors to arrive. The rear pads had these really thin metal brackets in the box but the front pads didn't have any, is this correct?

My car is only street driven, so will write a in depth review on the rotors and pads after about a month after fitting.

post-43204-0-15042500-1314503524_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

QFM HPX, Bendix Ultimate equivalent but low dust and rotor wear, $79 per set front or rear. A1RM would be a bit extreme if you weren't doing track work.

on this note. im looking for pads for a 33 GTST, and $79 a pair seems very reasonable. car is daily, all day everydaily. with the occasional happy laps. ive also found a full set of TRW's for $132. which is cheap, but i havent found enough info on them. and then i found a whole set of RDA's EXTREME!! for $79....i dont see how the prices can vary so much. or which is the best option....confused i am, but very interested in th QFM's. esp if they are really that low on dust.

Hi mate,

HPX we've phased out in favor of a better performance street pad. It's a European performance pad called Remsa, which is rated to 650 degrees (versus 550 for the HPX), whilst still being low rotor wear. Also the Remsa come with noise reducing features such as a relief groove and shamfers in the pad material, as well as a soft backing shim, all of which the HPX do not come with. We've been supplying Remsa to high performance street road cars like Porsche and Ferrari for many years, but the pricing has now become such that we're now able to expand it to most road cars. We can still order the HPX in, but there may be a delay for manufacture etc.

If dust is your NUMBER 1 priority, I'd probably say order the HPX in, but if a little dust isn't a major issue, then the Remsa are definitely an all round much better pad.

RDA Extreme are a very hit a miss pad. We do a bit of them, they work VERY well in D40/D51 Navara/Pathfinders, but we've tried them in other vehicles and they've been downright pathetic!

TRW aren't a bad pad at all, except for being dusty as hell. We also do them, so if you decide to go that way give us a bell!

Any questions feel free to give a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been using the Bendix Street Road Track brake for quite some time and all I can say is epic!!

The pad work ok when it's cold but when they warm up I have never had road pads that are this good.

Not very much noise, I have tKen them to a track day and they proformed for the full 15mins sessions all day with minimal ware.

They are perfict for a cruise with your mate around the twistes, love em and will continue using them.

It's a European performance pad called Remsa

TRW aren't a bad pad at all, except for being dusty as hell. We also do them, so if you decide to go that way give us a bell!

interesting, just doing some googling on Remsa USA, they're part of the TRW group.

Kinda... Any information you find on Remsa pads in the US is irrelevant, as the US Remsa is VERY different to the European sourced Remsa that we stock. You're correct about the TRW link, Remsa is the subsidary of TRW that manufactures their friction material products. That said, TRW pads and Remsa pads are not the same pad, particularly when it comes to dust! Just like Super Cheap's Calibre Brand and Bendix GCT are not the same pad, despite both being made by FMP Group.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have an R33 Series 1 GTS-T with DBA Rotors (4000 series I think) and standard calipers.

This thing has 350rwkw and the current brakes are well, not great!

I'm going to be flushing the brake system soon and would like to replace the pads at the same time, both Front and Rear.

I'll be taking the car to the track and also street.

Whats the recommendations?

Project Mu?

I'll be taking the car to the track and also street.

Whats the recommendations?

On a budget, I'd go QFM A1RM, which is a Ferodo DS2500 equivalent, and $119 per set front or rear. ie. $238 for front and rear.

Or, if you want to spend a few more bucks, I'd step up to the next level of pad for the front, which is the QFM Comp 9, $179. ie. $298 for front and rear.

Or, if you wanted to spend alot more upfront, for a pad that would both perform better, and last alot longer, than I'd go the Project Mu Club Racer, $350 for the front, and $325 or the rear. ie. $675 for front and rear.