SAU Community

Air Drags Re Opening?

MissR34

hey guys just saw on ns.com:

(im quoting)

"Called Jo from AIR management today and she advises that with the recent court decision in Bob Janes favour that they can now re-open the facility more widely now.

This means street drags should be able to resume in about Oct/Nov this year.

IF SA provides enough interest and support to the facility it will only get bigger and better and then they will start to run $ competitions, and after time the funny cars, doorslammers etc. will be able to return.

Jo would like us to publicise this so if you are on other forums please post up, lets not lose it again ffs!"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was speaking to the guys in Outlaw speed shop the other day about this. They had been told the same thing, that street meets should be back come october. Here's hoping it happens because I will DEFINATELY be out there next summer if thats the case.

I seriously doubt competition would be back anytime soon without the upgrade. 7+ years without competition cars will easily extend to 10 I reckon, as even Calder hasn't had competition meets for ages due to Bob f**king ANDRA around.

But in the mean time I'll be happy just to get some 1/4 times for the '33 at street meets. ;)

that is good news

lost the motivation to mod the car any further coz there's no drag strip to run it

mmm 7000rpm launch :cheers:

Edited by andz

yeah I heard this too.

But I have also heard from a couple of sources that the track is in pretty poor condition and needs to be resurfaced before drags can be held.

If Bill and Co. had won the case they were going to put in timing boards - I wonder if BJ will bring us into the 21st century and finally install some for us? Makes watching drags 1,000,000 times more enjoyable when you can actually see what times all the cars are doing.