SAU Community

V35 Sedan Fuel Economy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On freeway kms, with the cruise control on, that figure is achievable. I often get to those numbers when I have to get to the country for work. But once I hit the city again, they quickly decrease.

^^^ nah mine says that when I drive it a little bit on the highway after filling up .... then calms right down back to reality ....

I get between 5.9km/l and 7.4km/l in my coupe - and ran 10km/l on a highway trip .... fyi when it is only 5.9km/l I have done LOTS of sitting around idling with the a/c on full bore in 39 degree heat (like today) while I am working writing up reports on the go. Forecast is for 39 tomorrow and 40 Sunday cooling down to 28 Monday but back up to 40 next weekend - yikes! Gotta love Adelaide weather! (and I do).

But have you got cruise control? It really makes a difference. Especially if you cruise on just 100k/h. If you cruise on 110k/h the economy is not as great.

But if you don't have or don't use cruise control, then you probably won't get those numbers.

Yeah that'll be right then.

We used to have the 10% tolerance here in VIC too and it was great, but now it's only 3kms over tolerance.

A friend got fined for doing 83km/h on an 80km/h zone. The width of the needle is practically worth 3km/h.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring back up an old thread but I just got my V35 coupe 6mt a month ago so this is what I got.

Full tank at 76 litres I get 640 km which include 250km of country road, 150km of twisty hill run with a bit of squirt every here and there, and the rest strictly urban rush hour traffic. Not bad for a car like the V! I would say it's even on par with my 15 year old 4 banger Accord. Only difference is the V uses PULP.

Iv done 12km/l on the last two 350km return trips in my 350gt-8 (highway) The lowest i have had on highway is 10km/l and that was sitting at around 120km/h most of the way with some heavy foot in the twisty bits. Obviously im pretty happy with the gt-8.

Im actually scared to change out the dirty looking filter incase it ruins my economy. :rofl2:

Edited by austingtir

• 1 month later...

I picked my 03 6MT Coupe up from sydney and drove it back from 8.30pm on sat and filled up near caringbah or tempe (forget where exactly), went to luna park to take photos and then went back to gold coast, got to ballina with fuel needle on the second line. Filled up the tank and it put 57.87L in it. so 22L left in tank (so 650km) 11km per L so another 250km left.. dunno if thats right but easy 800km. I reckon the whole 10 hr trip we saw 50 cars... was cold as too, around 3-5deg the whole way. Amazing. :D

Edit: is a coupe QV35-DE

Edited by R6n350GT

The graph on the next page is also very usefull-it shows you the average consumption by day/tank/last trip (im not sure yet)

The graph you are refering to would be the history, on the green leaf page there is two buttons, the one that is highlighted at the bottom when you go to that page will take you to the history page, the other button, when you push up on the joystick, is the reset button for the green leaf page.

So if you reset every time you fill up, you can collect consumption records per tank, not just an average over a couple of tanks if you choose not to reset.

Edited by pv35gt8

• 1 year later...

i drive from sydney to brisbane on one 1 tank of fuel inmy sedan. and that was a 7 hour trip in my 350gt sedan also with a few luggage bags in the boot.

937 ks to the tank, shell v 98

Edited by black 350

i drive from sydney to brisbane on one 1 tank of fuel inmy sedan. and that was a 7 hour trip in my 350gt sedan also with a few luggage bags in the boot.

937 ks to the tank, shell v 98

7hrs from Syd to Brisbane?? how fast were you driving?? :worship:

I had similar mileage few years back when I first got my 350GT sedan...drove from Bris to Newcastle on one tank...approx 800kms.