SAU Community

V35 Sedan Fuel Economy

Theres most likely a topic on this already, but i can't find it. What figures (Lts/100) do you achieve from your v35s...

I havent seen many 3000cc and 2500cc v's but a comparison between the three engines including the 3500cc would be good.

Also what trans do you have? Manual, 5speed or 8 speed Auto.

cheers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a v35 coupe 350GT

according to the onboard computer, i was getting about 10 km/L

this equates to around 700 kms per tank

considering my R32 was getting about 250kms per tank, i am pretty happy :thumbsup:

edit: that's with the 5-speed auto btw...

Edited by WazR32GTSt

From what people have told me litre's per 100 klm's for the 2.5 and 3 litre is 8 to 9, 3.5 in 5 and 8 speed 9 to 11 and mine being 6 speed manual and a lot of fun with the VDC off I am getting 10 to 12.

i have a v35 coupe 350GT

according to the onboard computer, i was getting about 10 km/L

this equates to around 700 kms per tank

considering my R32 was getting about 250kms per tank, i am pretty happy :)

edit: that's with the 5-speed auto btw...

From what people have told me litre's per 100 klm's for the 2.5 and 3 litre is 8 to 9, 3.5 in 5 and 8 speed 9 to 11 and mine being 6 speed manual and a lot of fun with the VDC off I am getting 10 to 12.

Are you talking combined as in city/hwy driving or just city??

Thats bloody excellent. Economy was the only issue when i started searching for a v, but those figures are better than my current diesel..... is there a major difference between the 5 and 8 speed auto transmissions?

huge difference from what i have read

5 speed is a regular auto transmission

8 speed is a CVT transmission which is totally different - it doesn't have gears and works on pulley's or something like that . you will have to research that yourself... this only comes on sedans

yeah i was pleasently surprised with the economy too.. when i was cruising on the highway i actually reset the fuel calculator average and it shot up to like 14km/L and said i would get 850-900kms out of the tank. but that was literally cruising in 5th on the highway and not a real life situation

i think its reasonable to think that (According to the onboard fuel computer) to get > 10mk/L highway and around 5-8km/L city depending on how urban your environment is..

this is for 350GT anyway, would be interesting to contrast to the CVT model and to the sedans with the 3L and 2.5L engines...

cheers,

Warren

those units are in km/L

as in how many kilometres every litre of fuel will take you

so the higher the number the more fuel efficient...

the only reason i quoted those figures is because that's what the onboard computer shows when you are watching fuel economy

pretty impressive figures boys(bit different to the rb's eh), what are they like when your going pretty hard do they still give you good consumption, obviously they are going to use more but is it outrageous like rb's

ps the more i look at v35's the more i like em...might try and source a black or white coupe and fit a nice body kit and then theres the turbo kit :domokun::blush: hope my wife dose'nt read this

turn good figures, obviously they going to use more but is consumption still good, nothing radical like rb's

I think the consumption is ok as my RB25DET Neo runs at less then 10l/100km when doing full hwy and around town like 12-13l/100km. I do currently bit of city and hwy 5 days a week and it runs at 10l/100km. But yes V35's are starting to grow on me as well - the sedans are a bit selective in taste but the coupes for sure.

• 2 months later...

Interesting thread guys.

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a 350 GT-8 Sedan that can provide some feedback on how thirsty it is on fuel?

Im due to pickup my V35 in a week, hopefully its a touch more efficient than my R32 GTS-T is :)

Nick

You got one, congrats Nick! You'll love it.

Mine does between 14.5-15.5L /100KM, about 550+KM per 80L tank consistantly with city driving and lots of go.

Logged it into a spreadsheet for a while to check and it never really changed much. Best I got was 13.8 when I really babied it to see if it made a difference.

Haven't done much highway though.

I filled the 350GT Auto Coupe up yesterday - made it drink 70.16L ($99.19!). Previous to that I got about 560km with a few squirts here and there and now the display is thinking I will get about 600km to a tank. Im happy with that! My old Cefiro was about 400km for $82 or so. I claim mileage too, so potential earnings are now

400km @ $82 = $264 Return

600km @ $99 = $396 Return

JK

You got one, congrats Nick! You'll love it.

Mine does between 14.5-15.5L /100KM, about 550+KM per 80L tank consistantly with city driving and lots of go.

Logged it into a spreadsheet for a while to check and it never really changed much. Best I got was 13.8 when I really babied it to see if it made a difference.

Haven't done much highway though.

Hey dude, cheers :D

If yours is the same colour as the one in your avatar, we will be twins

550km's per tank city driving is a hell of a lot more respectable than what im used too with my GTR or GTS-T

actually you'll probably find it a bit thirstier than the GTST, but much less thirstier than the GTR. 15L/100 is not that hot. not terrible, but not fantastic either. a decent 32 GTST will be around the 13L/100 mark.

what size is the tank? if your 4 door 35 really is 80L and i'm pretty sure a 32 GTST is only around 50 or 60l max then it's not much of a comparison.

saying I get XXX 'per tank' is a dumb way of measuring stuff. 1 tank is not a defined amount. it could be 30 litres, it could be 100 litres so it has no meaning. litres per hundred km is the ONLY way to judge fuel economy. and like I said a 32 GTST should be around 12-13 L/100.