SAU Community

4wd Relay Clicking At Idle

wolverine

Interesting.... thanks for the update....

yes i agree thanks for the update as my problem seems exactly like yours. and having had a front accedent the abs sensors playing up make perfect sense (and what all the mechanics and auto electrician's keep guessing). is your diagnostic fault code still coming up as the pressure switch though?

yes i agree thanks for the update as my problem seems exactly like yours. and having had a front accedent the abs sensors playing up make perfect sense (and what all the mechanics and auto electrician's keep guessing). is your diagnostic fault code still coming up as the pressure switch though?

I must admit though that ABS sensors would make even more sense if:

a) 'pressure switch (77)' wasn't being reported in the ATTESA diagnostic

b) the ABS light stays on when you start the car (indicating an ABS fault), because a faulty ABS sensor should trip an ABS fault (there are plenty of failsafes for that)

no warning lights..... dont know about the codes didnt check em out

dropped the car off today and the guys at tenagah motorsport had rung them and told them all about it.. so i had to say nothing but "send the bill to dvg maddington" lol

and they said i will definatly have it back by friday and will tell me evrything they find.. so i can put it up here.

and they said i will definatly have it back by friday and will tell me evrything they find.. so i can put it up here.

cool... still hoping we might find out what that infernal clicking is all about :) surely the money is on the pressure switch... has to be the pressure switch... :thumbsup:

I must admit though that ABS sensors would make even more sense if:

a) 'pressure switch (77)' wasn't being reported in the ATTESA diagnostic

b) the ABS light stays on when you start the car (indicating an ABS fault), because a faulty ABS sensor should trip an ABS fault (there are plenty of failsafes for that)

no abs light just 4wd light but atessa and the abs sytem use the same sensors and are heavily linked together(and code 77)

no abs light just 4wd light but atessa and the abs sytem use the same sensors and are heavily linked together(and code 77)

That's true I guess, although ABS is 'mission critical', and any sensor error should cause the ABS light to come on...? Sorry what do you mean about the code 77 - does that relate to ABS too? or you mean you are getting code 77?

ok some one help.....

it is showing a 73, 74 code which is the ET-s/Lsd actuator motor... but there are no waring lights........

they thought it was the pressure switch or the asb sensors but it isnt..

i have rung heaps of places and they dont seem to know...

any ideas??

ok some one help.....

it is showing a 73, 74 code which is the ET-s/Lsd actuator motor... but there are no waring lights........

they thought it was the pressure switch or the asb sensors but it isnt..

i have rung heaps of places and they dont seem to know...

any ideas??

Hmm that sounds like the ATTESA pump? Duncan, anybody else have a better idea?

I'm no auto electrician, but I'd start with the relay and check that it's actually switching power at its output, then check that that output appears at the ATTESA pump harness. If no power to the ATTESA pump, faulty relay (or wiring/earth connection). If power at the ATTESA pump... well... could be expensive (could be the pump itself).

But I think playing swapsies with the relay is the first point of call (because it's cheap if a volunteer is available and should give a result very quickly), and definitely reset the ATTESA fault codes (short some pins - details here somewhere, search for 'attesa diagnostic').

Edited by DaveB

nope they siad it definatly isnt the realy

i dont care what it costs to fix it cause it is under wattanty... but i have really had enough waiting....

they say the 4wd all works fine...

nope they siad it definatly isnt the realy

i dont care what it costs to fix it cause it is under wattanty... but i have really had enough waiting....

they say the 4wd all works fine...

Well if you have them replace the whole ATTESA pump assembly (of which I am pretty sure the pressure switch is integral), you might fix it :)

here gos they are replacing the es-t/lsd actuator motor.... it sits on top of the rear diff...

and costs about $1,100.. plus fitting.... so an expensive exercise.. but warranty is paying...

here gos they are replacing the es-t/lsd actuator motor.... it sits on top of the rear diff...

and costs about $1,100.. plus fitting.... so an expensive exercise.. but warranty is paying...

Cool :happy: You actually managed to convince them to do it... that's gotta fix it...

• 2 weeks later...

ok latest update....lol

not the actuator motor :bunny: has been now also been to northside nissan.. they knew nothing ....

so took it to c-red... it looks like it is the ecu for the attesa syatem... goes back on the 9th of june to have an ecu from a rear half cut to see if that fixes it.. hope it does.. will keep you posted guys.. i just want my car fixed im so over it..

ok latest update....lol

not the actuator motor :P has been now also been to northside nissan.. they knew nothing ....

so took it to c-red... it looks like it is the ecu for the attesa syatem... goes back on the 9th of june to have an ecu from a rear half cut to see if that fixes it.. hope it does.. will keep you posted guys.. i just want my car fixed im so over it..

Wow, that's a lot of stuff you're having replaced :blink:

But this is really invaluable stuff for some of us other stag' owners... do I understand right that you have had the whole attesa system replaced and that hasn't fixed it? that rules out a lot of things.... some of which are cheap and I was betting on to fix my problem :D thanks for posting your progress, I'm interested to see where this leads... and hoping that you find a solution to make your stag smoooth and quiet like it should be :D

hi,

I`ve got the same problem on my ENR33. e-ts relay clicking like mad in boot while hot, silent when i start the car in the morning. No warning lights...

I am afraid that it is e-ts control unit that is faulty :ermm:. There was an issue with it last summer -- damn guys who changed the film on the rear window pour some water on the e-ts unit :happy:.

messanic, hope you will your problem and explain us how to do it.

My Attessa plays up a bit from cold (its engaged when I haven't selected it but it comes right when the car has warmed up) so I thought i would change the fluid. I went to the Nissan dealer and asked if they had a special fluid for the Atessa or could I use ATF (because I got a 20L Fuchs Titan ATF 4000 semi-synthetic to change mtygearbox oil) but they said no its a special Nissan fluid the same as the nissan power steering fluid. I don't necessarily believe them so I will go to another Nissan Dealer and ask them the same question. Otherwise I will just bleed the system. Has anyone done this and noticed any difference?