SAU Community

V35 350gt Wiring Diagrams

Hey mate,

Was reading your thread about your car, do u have the guys number that hooked his scanner up to your 35? mine has sat at the workshop for the last two months as it keeps blowing coil packs and no ones scan tools will talk to the car.

Any help would be much apprecated.

Cheers

John

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im using the auto enginuity (www.autoenginuity.com) pc based scanner, unfortunately they only told me that JDM cars dont run the OBD-ii interface, do u know for sure the one ur buying will work with the 35's?

The pins dont seem to be in the same place as the cable i purchased im wondering if this is the only difference?

Sorry forgot to add that i have been told that nissan consult will also not work with the 35's, again im only going on what ive been told not facts...

Im really stuck for ideas at the moment.. i know for sure that its not the wiring, if the ecu has failed in some way im also not sure what my next course of action should be other then going a full stand alone ecu which i really dont want to do.

Im using the auto enginuity (www.autoenginuity.com) pc based scanner, unfortunately they only told me that JDM cars dont run the OBD-ii interface, do u know for sure the one ur buying will work with the 35's?

The pins dont seem to be in the same place as the cable i purchased im wondering if this is the only difference?

they do run OBD2. do you have a pinout of yours. the can lines are on pins 3&6. throw the right commands up those and you have data.

I'm looking at the USDM version with the G35 loaded on it.

have you tried the local dealership yet?

how is it killing them?

Alrighty, Looking at the plug on the car pins 1,2,3,4,5,6 are occupied as well as 9 and 10, The cable i got from auto enginuity supposed to be OBD-ii pins 2,4,6,7 and 10,14,15,16 are occupied? the auto enginuity product is supposed to be can compatible.

The car kept melting no. 2 coil pack intermitently until the last time where no. 2 went first and on the way to the workshop it melted the other 5 all in one go...

Edited by NA_R33

John,

Quite concerning; please let us know how you get on. How on earth did this happen? Is the car standard?

I can only imagine what you are going through. Have you swapped the ECU with another standard one to test that? Have you tried the 350z forums at all, maybe thy might be able to give you a few tips?

Best of luck!

Mate its an intemitent problem that doesnt occur under similar sircumstances, first on went after a 30 min drive, very very sedate driving, second one went 20 mins after installation just after i gave it a stab in 1st and backed off, By this stage we gave the ignition loom its own power and earth, 3rd one lasted over a week, including a weekend at the skidpan then driving normally it decided to die, drivin it to the workshop the remaining 5 went...

Alrighty, Looking at the plug on the car pins 1,2,3,4,5,6 are occupied as well as 9 and 10, The cable i got from auto enginuity supposed to be OBD-ii pins 2,4,6,7 and 10,14,15,16 are occupied? the auto enginuity product is supposed to be can compatible.

The car kept melting no. 2 coil pack intermitently until the last time where no. 2 went first and on the way to the workshop it melted the other 5 all in one go...

ok you are dropping a CAN line. no go on that front. I'm going to check a 350z when I go past nissan but the last 300gt I pulled down that was the layout. I'll stick my head in the 350GT (04 spec) int eh work shop and get the pinning on it as well. should be 3&6 though.

dumb question - resistor pack (can't think of the correct name.) on the coil supply side. shorted ? bad?

Ok i tested the auto enginuity product on my dads 03 comodore ss and mums '03 merc, both worked.

With regards to the obd pin outs the us spec '03 wiring diagrams give me pin 8 as ignition, pin 16 as constant, pin 7 as data line, and pin 5 and 4 as earths. I was under the impression CAN systems needed 2 data lines?

Ok i tested the auto enginuity product on my dads 03 comodore ss and mums '03 merc, both worked.

With regards to the obd pin outs the us spec '03 wiring diagrams give me pin 8 as ignition, pin 16 as constant, pin 7 as data line, and pin 5 and 4 as earths. I was under the impression CAN systems needed 2 data lines?

they do: can H & L.

Thanks for all the help guys much appreciated.

Last night i made some progress after a bit more research i got the auto enginuity product to work using the ISO-9141-2 protocol. While doing so the car started beeping the horn for varying periods of time when planes flew over the work shop. Which got me thinking i have some sort of wiring problem.

It also threw the variable cam timing solenoide error codes, These are also powered by the same relay the coil packs are in the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module). Upon removing that from the car is seems it had been drowned at some stage in its life with a heap of corrosion across the terminals on some of the small solid state relays, which would have been feeding a positive current into the negative trigger of the ECU that tells IPDM to pretty much power up the whole car, this combined with the loose earth terminal im pretty sure was my problem. So ive ordered another set of standard coils which should be here next week.

Fingers crossed its fixed, Thanks again to everyone that helped with this especially Chris, i was begining to loose hope.

Thanks for all the help guys much appreciated.

Last night i made some progress after a bit more research i got the auto enginuity product to work using the ISO-9141-2 protocol. While doing so the car started beeping the horn for varying periods of time when planes flew over the work shop. Which got me thinking i have some sort of wiring problem.

It also threw the variable cam timing solenoide error codes, These are also powered by the same relay the coil packs are in the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module). Upon removing that from the car is seems it had been drowned at some stage in its life with a heap of corrosion across the terminals on some of the small solid state relays, which would have been feeding a positive current into the negative trigger of the ECU that tells IPDM to pretty much power up the whole car, this combined with the loose earth terminal im pretty sure was my problem. So ive ordered another set of standard coils which should be here next week.

Fingers crossed its fixed, Thanks again to everyone that helped with this especially Chris, i was begining to loose hope.

Cheers Warren, I believe there are no coincidences and everything we found last night is related in some way, so now its just a wait for coil packs, i managed to get a set of 6 from the states for just under 400 AUD delivered rather than the usual 200 each from nissan aus, they should hopefully be here next week, its been so long it will be like having a new car again :D