Good Perth Import Yards?

GlennO87

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys im trying to hunt down a nice 4door R32 Manual GTS-T with low kms but havnt been into jap cars before...Does anyone know of anyone selling one or know any good import yards..Im NOR so obviously not to far away......Also anyone know what i would pay?

Anyone?

Cheers

If an R33 4D will do go have a look at Autoworx site, you'll find my old 4door for sale at a good price, it's an auto though. It's in excellent cond., the big service was done early this year and goes exceptionally well. I had it for 5 years and only did 32k kms in that time. Bought a 4 door at the time because I needed more convenience for my daughter's little bub. The car is a gem and you wouldn't be disappointed.

post-10025-1188705024_thumb.jpg

My new S2 also bought from Autoworx

post-10025-1188705161_thumb.jpg

Edited by ric777

Hey guys im trying to hunt down a nice 4door R32 Manual GTS-T with low kms but havnt been into jap cars before...Does anyone know of anyone selling one or know any good import yards..Im NOR so obviously not to far away......Also anyone know what i would pay?

Anyone?

Cheers

No one has ADR 29 for the crash test on the doors and no one is going to do them so what is in the country is about all the R32 4 Doors you will ever see.

I know of 2 in Perth alone that are going to be scraped as they were told they can come in but someone was wrong.......

Another vote for Autoworx, Pauls a top bloke!

neg for down under autos thats just around the corner they talk a heap of shit about my cars condition when i bought from someone else

Autoworx is also cheaper though there yard doesnt look as flashy!

Edited by Sneeza - removed quotes. Please keep comments of this nature to PM's.

Hi, Guys, Welcome to the cold, hard world of car dealers and servicing. You need to be very careful about condemning any business on the basis of one poor experience. By all means do your own thing and never go there again. Tell your mates as well, if you like. But don't bad-mouth them on a forum like this. At least you have tried to describe your experience, Catch...32. I would suggest you let others draw their own opinion.

As for you, Monga, your judgment is about as accurate as your spelling.

I bought my first Skyline from Downunder Autos and they serviced it for me for over two years until they moved to Wangara. They gave me a good deal on the car and I found their service and servicing to be excellent.

I bought my current car from Imports 101 (an R34 GTR V Spec II). Danny and his team have been great and provided me with a fantastic car, which they are looking after as if it was their own.

My experience with both of these garages/workshops and many others before with various cars has always been the same. Things can go wrong with any car. If you talk to the guy at the workshop and let him explain what is going on, you will not only understand the issue, but you will be able to be part of working out a reasonable solution. If you blame the workshop for things going wrong on your car, then you are in dreamland. I have no doubt that there are some dodgy characters out there, but they are few and far between. You may find, though, that your attitude and approach to an issue will affect how a busy workshop owner deals with you. The best ones will always spend time on customer relations. Most are more likely to show the human failing of lack of patience with a problemmatic customer. So if you want good service, talk to the people. There are two ends to every conversation!

Cheers. :ninja:

Danny always demands the best from any work he gets us to do and with the cars he gets thru there will be the odd job that can go wrong as with anything in life but he will always sort it for you.

MLCrisis,It was very hard to not run away with your car when it went on the Dyno,So close to perfect.

ml crisis i can see your point of view how bad it looks slagging off a business on a forum like this, but i got stooged big time and im not happy about it.

this was my sad attempt to warn others.

two things important in any service:

1 being upfront about the cost

2 problem fixed when drive out driveway

neither of these were satisfied when i'd left [edited by Sneeza - business name removed]. the mechanic was friendly and knowledgable, yet the owners had nothing but dollars on their mind.

just sharing an experience that left a real bad taste in my mouth so to speak.

in the end how much weight you put towards opinions expressed here is your choice , just sharing the love or lack thereof

MLCrisis,It was very hard to not run away with your car when it went on the Dyno,So close to perfect.

Thanks, N I B. I am still in the constantly smiling phase after getting the car. I keep finding excuses to walk through the office car park just to look at it! It is a belter. Danny did me proud.

Catch...32, thanks for your more reasoned comments. It would be interesting to know their side of it.

Cheers.

+1 for Autoworx. Been in the game for quite some time, every car i have seen there appear to be very great condition.

+1 for Import101. I was very close to buying a car from him but stumbled on one locally from a dealer that was exactly what i wanted! (However, i will never grace said dealer's business doors again as he didnt seem to interested in "after sales service" (warranty issues) or anything unless i was going to spend $5000 or more!)

• 1 month later...

Well... after reading all this I just signed up on imports101. They only have 1 car I'd think of getting - but I sent an email to start the process.

Should I contact anyone in particular?

btw looking for an R34 GTT yr 2000+ :P

EDIT: Also just sent an email off to Distinctive Car Imports.

Edited by Anakha

Danny is the main man so most will go through him, Katrina is also very helpful but she's taking time off to have a baby very soon so hopefully everything can keep running smoothly :P Tessa would probably be your first contact, but really anything to do with purchasing/auction etc would be Danny, he's very busy so you might not be able to get through to him straight away but he'll be able to find you what you want :D

agree's with Nathan.:)

Danny will find you exactly what your looking for and the whole team at imports 101 will make sure you get a good car.

i got my gtr through them 2 years ago and am still extremely happy with it