SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

Hi there, I am wanting to use this setup slightly differently. I want to display video on screen while leaving the audio to playing CDs (am using a grom unit for audio which retains OEM steering controls)

My question is. When grounding cont1 which forces the nav screen to display the aux video signal, does it also switch the OEM head unit to aux or leave it alone?

If it does not does anyone know of a more permanent trick to disabling the auto aux audio feature? (I did see a post about leaving cont1 grounded before startup which left the sound alone but this would force me to keep cont1 grounded which I would rather have switchable)

Hope all of the above makes sense :)

Greg

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk HD

When grounding cont1 which forces the nav screen to display the aux video signal, does it also switch the OEM head unit to aux or leave it alone?

In my Bose equipped coupe, when I ground cont1 to display the reverse camera on the nav screen, the audio isn't affected - ie the radio (or whatever is runnimg at the time) stays on.

When grounding cont1 which forces the nav screen to display the aux video signal, does it also switch the OEM head unit to aux or leave it alone?

In my Bose equipped coupe, when I ground cont1 to display the reverse camera on the nav screen, the audio isn't affected - ie the radio (or whatever is runnimg at the time) stays on.

Excellent! That's exactly what I was hoping would happen. That plan is to use my cell phone via Bluetooth as the audio source. But when i want navigation I plan to connect it via a micro USB to HDMI adapter, then convert that signal to rgb NTSC format and pass it through the aux port by using the cont1 grounding trick. In theory this should never effect the audio stream and allow me to retain the OEM steering controls.

Will post an update with pics if everything goes as planned.

Cheers

Greg

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Woman: beret, mid calf skinny skirt, shirt or tight sweater with round neck and long sleeves, mid high heel, small purse, all in cream/brown/beige/mauve/dead green; seamed stockings are nice or draw a line with an eyeliner/eyebrow pencil up the back of the calfThe classic style of the Air Max 95, which was inspired by the human body, is then covered in Medium Grey and Neutral Grey until it reaches the lace loops, which are done in Blue Spark to match the Air filled midsole. northface outlet The skin being the external layer and fleece used as a warm lining makes them feel comfortable and soft against bare feet.What color shoes could I wear with a gold shirt? The shirt is gold with your back out and I plan on wearing it with skinny jeans. north face outlet locations He killed Vivian to firm up the video alibi, which mentioned a subway push murder that happened then, hence the flowers.Johnson's forte and trademark are wryly observing cultural differences, primarily between the French and Americans, with truths and stereotypes flying out of characters' mouths on every page. Technicians begin by jackhammering the floor, and then setting down a layer of loose stone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris, all I need is reverse cam, can u give me the picture of where i can find the tv tuner box?

I can find the cord Video Component to VTR via

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CD-AUX-USB-Reversing-Image-Cables-for-Subaru-Forester-Radio-Changer-Hot-Sale-/251689952116?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Thanks,

send me the TUNER and I will modify it to suti a camera.