SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

Hey Chris,

Here is the picture you asked me for: post-52623-1214314612_thumb.jpg

You can see that there's nothing on top of the Bose amp.

I've also included a photo of the front panel

post-52623-1214314717_thumb.jpg

you can see that there is no tv button but an A/V one.

I think that an optional Xanavi navigation system has been retrofitted to the car. The third image is a remote control, see this link for more info. http://www.nissan.co.jp/EN/navi.html

The language is all Japanese.

post-52623-1214314765_thumb.jpg

What do you get if you disconnect your tv tuner ? I might have one hidden somewhere because of the snowy screen displayed when TV mode is selected.

Thanks again for your help.

Gerald

Hi Mate:

Your GPS in a non-standard GPS, so as the TV----------I Guess.

But as long you have snow on your screen, there should be a TV turner somewhere, have you try the driver side or some where inside the golve box.

It should be somewhere.

I will double check tonight, but the only antennas i see are located into the windshield, passenger side.

Do you know where I can find directions on disassembling the glove box ? i want to check behind that.

Thanks guys for your support :thumbsup:

Gerald

glovebox is easy. drop ALL the visible screws and the two on the lower corners. it will then pop out. there is a light and the airbag harness attached to that - drop those off.

do you have the nav unit in the OE spot. if so can you take a pic of it also do the same with teh antenna setup.

common place for the nav units to go is under a seat. look there. out of curiosity where are you?

Hello,

I tried to remove the glovebox, i only see 1 screw on the right lower corner, nothing on left, will try again soon.

I removed the carpet on the passenger side, found a Hitachi box, but I think it's not what i'm looking for ... and a HKS speed limit remover :)

Apart from that, i have the same nav unit, same location as yours.

I took a pic of what i believe is the antenna. Am I right ?

post-52623-1214462424_thumb.jpg

Can you tell me how the TV antenna harness looks like on your car ? I want to find and follow this up to the tv tuner.

BTW, I'm live in Mauritius :)

Bye

Gerald

Hello,

I tried to remove the glovebox, i only see 1 screw on the right lower corner, nothing on left, will try again soon.

I removed the carpet on the passenger side, found a Hitachi box, but I think it's not what i'm looking for ... and a HKS speed limit remover :P

Apart from that, i have the same nav unit, same location as yours.

I took a pic of what i believe is the antenna. Am I right ?

post-52623-1214462424_thumb.jpg

Can you tell me how the TV antenna harness looks like on your car ? I want to find and follow this up to the tv tuner.

BTW, I'm live in Mauritius :O

Bye

Gerald

I think the factory antenna is within the rear glass, so it is invisable does no like yours.

That means your TV unit is something different maybe the Hitachi box????

Edited by Frank350GT

show me the hitachi box. if it is tucked under the carpet then there is a good chance it is the TV tuner. I'll know when I see it. show me the inside of the car particaluarly the nav unit and screen (in operation.)

yes guys I'm up to something :/

Hi guys,

Chris, here are the pictures you asked me for:

post-52623-1214815058_thumb.jpg

post-52623-1214815084_thumb.jpg

post-52623-1214815117_thumb.jpg

post-52623-1214815154_thumb.jpg

post-52623-1214815187_thumb.jpg

post-52623-1214815235_thumb.jpg

One question: I can select the tv mode using the AV button. I don't get any sound. On your pictures, i see that an AUX input is selected. I don't have any aux button. How do you select this input ?

Thanks

Gerald

ok commnets in order of images:

different nav unit. the ones in the cars I see is black and has a single open CD slot.

same disc as the OE unit.

your car is an auto. that is the controller for the gearbox. also noted the speed cut disable box. chase the cables to the left of that image. that will find the TV box. need a shot of that.

same screen. would love to see the rear (wiring side) of it. would almost bet its entirely different to the OE one.

TV setup - quite different. never seen that.

need to see the TV box. if its there (aux) then I'd say it would be a function of the buttons. on the OE one its a function of the TV and TV menus.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I m on the market for a 2001-2002 V35 sedan.

After driving around my friend's 2004 sedan (with reverse camera), I m sure I need a camera too.

However, most of the cars don't have a reverse camera (well, actually I haven't seen one with them yet), so I will have to install on myself.

After reading this thread, it seems possible to add AV to the stock LCD.

Can someone confirm these (sorry it's a bit confusing with some of the photos missing)

- is the 6-pin white plug at the back of the TV unit for a camera or for a AUX in?

- is this entire mod just the 6-pin white plug? anything else involved? (Sorry, everything I see seems to only involve the TV unit/white plug?)

- there are comments about the video blacking out when car is moving, how will this affect a reverse camera setup?

- when looking at cars, is that anything I need to look for in particular to make a reverse camera work? TV/AV button?

- how many inputs does the LCD have? Possible to have a reverse camera and a AUX input?

Thanks guys, and if you have anymore details about install a reverse camera, please let me know.

:rolleyes:

Anthony

do a bit of a dig on my name - I think I covered most of this. rev camera is easy. if you have $800 I'll get you the OE pimple. the other way is to add one to it.

the 6 pin plug is the audio/video input . I have the correct leads (in stock) to make this painless.

click my sig for more info :rolleyes:

Hi, I have a Panasonic CN5000 TV/SatNav unit in my sedan. Do I need to throw the whole lot out (except the Pana Screen) to get the TV working?? The system has a hard drive and SD card slot, was hoping to load music onto it, just have to figure out the translation!!

Shame that the Sat Nav etc doesn't work here.....quite and impressive system

post-54776-1219498722_thumb.jpg

post-54776-1219498746_thumb.jpg

I have one of those here. I trashed the lot and reused the screen. the entire system is two pieces. NONE of it is useable and unless you have the electronics knowledge to reverse engineer the screen , bin it as well.

I dare say that you have a pocket under the system and a big pocket above the glove box where the OE unit is meant to be.

do a bit of a dig on my name - I think I covered most of this. rev camera is easy. if you have $800 I'll get you the OE pimple. the other way is to add one to it.

the 6 pin plug is the audio/video input . I have the correct leads (in stock) to make this painless.

click my sig for more info :D

Thanks, but I can't seem to find any info you mentioned.

I had a good search through the forums, including searching for your posts but still cant find info on installing a reverse camera.

Any chance you can link to them for me?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

ok I'll do it here. system runs RGBs so you need a magic box to make it work correctly and a camera. the OE one that you see on the rear of most cars does this.

as for doing it from dry - how electrically minded are you?

Thanks Chris!!

I pretty good at electronic and shouldnt have problems wiring things up.

I used to have a R33 GTS25T and use to spend heaps of time on it, but was written off in a accident.

And now I m craving to work on something, so time isnt an issue either.

All I need is good instructions and I should be good to go.

its a bit more than that. you will need to find a diagram for the car. from there get all the bits ( I can supply these.) and go from there.

give me a call and I'll go over a few things with you ( 0407-102-839.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Good to see so much discussion is taking place to improve the 350GT

I might be totally wrong here but here it goes.

My understanding of the TV setting is quite differ interms of broadcasting method for each country.

For example:

Japan: ISDB-T

Korea: T-DMB

Europe: DVB-H

USA: MediaFLO

Australia: DVB-T

These are not your analogue signal but digital signal currently used in most of mobile devices.

Australian signal is not compatible with ISDB-T if I am not mistaken, thus no point of fiddling with TV tunner.

But SatNav would work regardless as long as right GPS Map for the host unit can be found.

Cheers,

DY

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I dont know if i missed it, but can you make the screen automatically display the reversing camera when placed in reverse?

What would you require to do so?

How does the factory system do this?

Also which wires do you need to disconnect to make the TV stay on all the time when driving?

Thanks

Pete