SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

Hi mate, Can you do me a favour and describe what each socket on the TV unit are for.

I see two that go up the side of the boot ....(antenna?)

and one big bugger that has a lot of connections ....presume to connect to the display, bus and controls, etc.

And the white one as described in this series.

I am looking for the antenna input lead(s) so I can input an NTSC-M RF signal as I have a modulator Pal to NTSC and wish to experiment with it as another source of input to the TV from my Pal portable TV unit I have.

A different way to skin a cat.

Gibbo

Hi mate, Can you do me a favour and describe what each socket on the TV unit are for.

I see two that go up the side of the boot ....(antenna?)

and one big bugger that has a lot of connections ....presume to connect to the display, bus and controls, etc.

And the white one as described in this series.

I am looking for the antenna input lead(s) so I can input an NTSC-M RF signal as I have a modulator Pal to NTSC and wish to experiment with it as another source of input to the TV from my Pal portable TV unit I have.

A different way to skin a cat.

Gibbo

Sorry Mate:

I am really not good at that, the only thing I know (As chris told me), there are two set of Antenna input in V35, both of then should be in that big connector or that two small grey ones?

Sorry I am not able to provice any future information.

But you can try, turn on your TV, search for channels, you can get channel 7's sound, try to disconnect that 2 grey connect to see what happened.

Hope helps.

Thanks

Frank

tom . you are correct. that said putting s converted signal into the antenna input will not work. put it in further up the line and it will BUT you are reinventing the wheel. easier to put a DVB box in and set it to NTSC out.

re cables : still waiting.. (blame it on xmas rush and me paying slow boat post.)

Guys, Made the adapter today and tried it. Sound great, Plugged a dvb set top box and video rcamera in and worked.

Video good but B&W so I am getting on to that tomorrow.

Two questions :

1. Any recommended rev cams? Jaycar were not that helpful.

2. Does anyone know what the lead with a 2 point grey plug on it and strapped to the harness forward of the TV/amp is for?

3. How do you get the thing to work with the hand brake off and in drive above 5kmh? PM me with the details please someone. Are there pins on the TV unit plug in the boot you can disable?

Cheers. Love this car.

1. Any camera will work but unless it has NTSC colour signal information and is NTSC compatable the output it will appear monocrome (B&W). That is , a composite video source with Pal colour signal will appear Black and white on the monitor.

Fortunately a lot of rev Cameras are NTSC compatable.

2. I would not think the grey connector is yet another Antenna but seeing we are not sure I'll put the oscilloscope on it tomorrow and see what is there as the leads seem thickish and may be coaxial. Perhaps it is related to the factory reverse camera. If someone has a factory reverse camera is that lead used in their car ????

3. Getting to know how to make it work in motion is still a mystery.

Thanks mate

Guys, Made the adapter today and tried it. Sound great, Plugged a dvb set top box and video rcamera in and worked.

Video good but B&W so I am getting on to that tomorrow.

Two questions :

1. Any recommended rev cams? Jaycar were not that helpful.

2. Does anyone know what the lead with a 2 point grey plug on it and strapped to the harness forward of the TV/amp is for?

3. How do you get the thing to work with the hand brake off and in drive above 5kmh? PM me with the details please someone. Are there pins on the TV unit plug in the boot you can disable?

Cheers. Love this car.

1: mongoose do a range of them:

http://www.mongoose.com.au/new-releases/in...?category_id=59

http://www.mongoose.com.au/new-releases/in...rView%20CCD170B

I use this one on V35s.

2: unsure but its NOT a TV antenna.if any thing its probably data.

3: Dont know ;)

1. Any camera will work but unless it has NTSC colour signal information and is NTSC compatable the output it will appear monocrome (B&W). That is , a composite video source with Pal colour signal will appear Black and white on the monitor.

Fortunately a lot of rev Cameras are NTSC compatable.

2. I would not think the grey connector is yet another Antenna but seeing we are not sure I'll put the oscilloscope on it tomorrow and see what is there as the leads seem thickish and may be coaxial. Perhaps it is related to the factory reverse camera. If someone has a factory reverse camera is that lead used in their car ????

3. Getting to know how to make it work in motion is still a mystery.

Thanks mate

1: correct:

2: see previous reply. camera is switched via the AVin port - yet to suss out exactly how. originally I thought it was level switched but its not. seems to be data based. I'll prove this once my test car comes back in.

3: think laterally about it ;) (you are in the wrong spot and have a pm :P )

• 4 weeks later...
look what I found :P

ordered a few as well.

Chris, are they for the ipod for 350gt's with reverse camera? if so pm me the price.

Cheers

Thraso

Hi Chris, do you mind sneding me a PM with price and details please?

Cheers!

ok the leads are HERE!! bought 5 of them and I have another 20 on order as of now. these will take me about a week to land. OE camera kit is the wrong one :P I'll get the correct one and go from there.

if interested shoot me a PM.

Edited by Chris Rogers

sorry guys i have been reading the forums for the past 6 hours straight (no exaggeration) as i have just purchased a coupe for myself (and im quite excited), can someone tell me in english, can the screen be mod'd to watch tv here ?

>_<

yes it can! it will be a refit as the OE gear will NOT work here. I keep the stuff on hand to do it.

thanks for the reply chris, and i would also like to say special thanks to you again for all the time you spent writing in the forums. Ive read quite a bit of your posts and found them quite helpful..

in regards to the screen, i take it it can be done however the screen will need to go and a different screen will need to be fitted ? is that correct? and how much will this exercise cost me chris ?

regards,

Fred

no screen can stay. refit a local tuner and antenna system for best results. there are guys up here ripping them out and refiting screens for some stupid reason. no need. fir me a PM and I'll discuss price with you. this will be a digital box. what year is your car btw?