SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

no real idea. I know they are not used in any of the cars though. all the ones I have worked on were taped to the harness.

Hi Chris, I thought they are for Reverse Camera?

It seems not, as all cars you done has them untaped.

May be they are for some other equipment like CD changer? Just may be.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

i managed to install my pnp with a dvd player supplied by chris.. it took me 4 hrs with a lot of frustrations as i've never done any electrical stuff before being in a medical field.. but neway, im quite proud of it... with chris help, i managed..

just not as happy as yet, when i play d dvd.. 2-3 mins later.. a yellow screen comes up with some error msg.. ( im assuming it is, as it is written in jap..) then it screen turns by itself off?... any ideas wat it is?..

also, chris.. does this affect the power of the car?.. i dont know if it was a coincidence, but after the installations, my car was having problems to start.. it took a few goes and revs to keep it going.. i've never had changed my battery since i have purchased it and still have the jap battery..

lastly, (lol).. does anyone know how to get the screen to a larger view/widescreen, or how to improve the quality of the image.. i was quite disappointed with the picture quality i must say.. being used to watching hdmi plasma tv.. :cool:

Is the engine running or car off? Ive got no idea about that series of monitor but I remember in a older car it went into standby mode at the drive ins all the time, so I had to start the engine again and let it go again..

I dont know just an idea.

puul the nav unit back out when you get a sec and show me the back of that white plug. I dont think you have that right.

there is a setting on the VCR input that gets widescreen its up top in the text 2nd last from right.

hard starting is a flat battery.

puul the nav unit back out when you get a sec and show me the back of that white plug. I dont think you have that right.

there is a setting on the VCR input that gets widescreen its up top in the text 2nd last from right.

hard starting is a flat battery.

chris i took the car for a drive... and it didnt do it.. i just realised that wen i initially trialled the dvd player.. i didnt have the car running.. and thats wen the msg came up and turned off by itself.. neway.. i"ll see how it goes.. if i get any further problems then i'll take the nav out and take a picture of it..

thanks for ur support...

if you have the toll card box the car complains (in some cases verbally.) that its not there. could be the error.

does the DVD work properly :) ?

problem re-occured. the video only plays when the car ISN'T running, the video plays for about a minute or 2, the yellow comes up with some error msg for 2-3 secs then switches back on to video playing.. but as soon as u turn the car on.. the video disappears but audio remains...

also chris, cutting one of wire off the white plug or re-wiring the wrong one, wuld der be any chance that it culd've affected the igniton/power of the car.. my car is really struggling to start.. ?...

problem re-occured. the video only plays when the car ISN'T running, the video plays for about a minute or 2, the yellow comes up with some error msg for 2-3 secs then switches back on to video playing.. but as soon as u turn the car on.. the video disappears but audio remains...

also chris, cutting one of wire off the white plug or re-wiring the wrong one, wuld der be any chance that it culd've affected the igniton/power of the car.. my car is really struggling to start.. ?...

I have a feeling that I have had this problem before but only with the AUX input. I think it related to the setting of the button on the top row on the far laft. This is the "guide" button. I had a problem similar bit I found that this button was either on / off. I found by pressing it once it turned some mode off and the screen played.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy

take a pic of the white plug and show it to me. I cannot tell you what you have done until I see that.

• 4 weeks later...

in the boot under the passenger side plastic cover

take the carpet off to expose the spare in the middle, the jacking equipment on the right, and a plastic cover on the left

undo the bolts that hold the left plastic cover in place and hey presto - you have a tv tuner!

Hi guys, where exactly is the TV unit? Is it in the boot of the car under the parcel tray?

sedan - under parcel tray in boot - drivers side.

coupe - under panel rear passenger side in boot.

F50 cima - left rear quarter behind a LOT of trim.

whatcha upto?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone:

As permoise, I am writing a instruction for DIY A/V input for 350GT without reverse camera.

Please note: If your car has a reverse camera, this instruction not suit for you. Please ask Chris for help.

Hi Frank,

Any chance of re-uploaing the images for us as it looks like some have gone walkies and i want to see a few bits that are missing?

Cheers

Laine