SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

Hi ... I may have missed it but can anyone tell me where the TV Tuner is located in the M35 Stagea.

Hi Grant

The TV tuner is located on the left hand side of boot behind the trim. Just in front of the pocket on the left in the boot. You will need to remove the trim panels to get at it.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Grant

The TV tuner is located on the left hand side of boot behind the trim. Just in front of the pocket on the left in the boot. You will need to remove the trim panels to get at it.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks

Grant

• 1 month later...
Hi Frank,

Any chance of re-uploaing the images for us as it looks like some have gone walkies and i want to see a few bits that are missing?

Cheers

Laine

Hi mate:

I don't know, form does not allow me to edit to re upload the picture.

You can also go one step further when intergrating the ipod through the stereo. All you can buy in Australia is the 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA plugs. The problem with using these with the stereo is that the volume is controlled from the ipod.

One better is a cable that plugs in off the standard Ipod plug in the base that goes to RCA and will charge the ipod. I purchased mine from the US from this site, http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-353-194-ipo...ging-cable.aspx.

If any one is interested I have one available that I do not need. It is the stereo version (2 plugs) and doen not have the video output.

Cheers

Andy

PS. Frank, great thread.

Yeah, i bought a composite cable for my ipod (includes video RCA) that also charges the ipod aswell.

Is there a way to bi-pass the TV AV and go straight into the AUX in the screen i think it would improve the sound quality alittle.

Pat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I cannot find the TV tuner on my 2003 350 GT (Japanese import). I can see the Bose amp, but there is nothing on top of that.

I have the TV option, since a snowy screen appears on the display when TV mode is selected.

Do you guys have an idea where I can find the tuner ? I did look all over the boot with no luck.

Thanks all

Gerald

Yeah, i bought a composite cable for my ipod (includes video RCA) that also charges the ipod aswell.

Is there a way to bi-pass the TV AV and go straight into the AUX in the screen i think it would improve the sound quality alittle.

Pat.

with fiddling - yes.

zedexsix,

sedan or coupe.

Hey Chris,

Here is the picture you asked me for: post-52623-1214314612_thumb.jpg

You can see that there's nothing on top of the Bose amp.

I've also included a photo of the front panel

post-52623-1214314717_thumb.jpg

you can see that there is no tv button but an A/V one.

I think that an optional Xanavi navigation system has been retrofitted to the car. The third image is a remote control, see this link for more info. http://www.nissan.co.jp/EN/navi.html

The language is all Japanese.

post-52623-1214314765_thumb.jpg

What do you get if you disconnect your tv tuner ? I might have one hidden somewhere because of the snowy screen displayed when TV mode is selected.

Thanks again for your help.

Gerald

now thats different. never seen that. screen will complain with no tv tuner attached. keep digging its there somewhere. rip the carpet out of the side. I can't see nissan building a 10th harness for these things. tv antennas are back in that corner so the rest should be too.

pm me your phone number- want to chat :(