SAU Community

Newbies

Hi Everyone

My name is Tim and i just became a proud owner of a white 2004 nissan 350gt (auto) anniversay edition

its a very comfy car :D and it goes alot better than the V6 Holden commodore :cool:

:D

love it :D

-just need to get that radio and dvd working hahaha....

Hi Everyone

My name is Tim and i just became a proud owner of a white 2004 nissan 350gt (auto) anniversay edition

its a very comfy car :) and it goes alot better than the V6 Holden commodore :(

:devil:

love it :D

-just need to get that radio and dvd working hahaha....

Anniversay edition was 2003. they would say 2004 becasue it would have been sold that year not made.

Same thing happened to me

Black leather or Tan?

Hi everyone,

I also have an "Anniversary" edition with the tan full-leather and my car was first registered in late 2003. I believe it is still (technically)a 2004 car though. Most car companies have next year's models available for sale at the end of the current year. Would be a bit pointless to have an car made to celebrate a specific anniversary, then bring it out the following year as well. Although the Japanese don't always do things in the way you and i would call "normal". Panties in vending machines anyone??

Hi everyone,

I also have an "Anniversary" edition with the tan full-leather and my car was first registered in late 2003. I believe it is still (technically)a 2004 car though. Most car companies have next year's models available for sale at the end of the current year. Would be a bit pointless to have an car made to celebrate a specific anniversary, then bring it out the following year as well. Although the Japanese don't always do things in the way you and i would call "normal". Panties in vending machines anyone??

all the werid and wonderful things they make haha

Hey guys,

I just recently got myself a 2005 350gt, 4dr sedan, 6sp manual, bose stereo, on 17's for $25,000.

I absolutely love it. It is by far the nicest car i have owned.

I am looking to do some mods on it and would like to get in touch with someone who could help me out.

At the moment i just want to put in an aftermarket stereo but have got no idea how to go about that

with the current bose stereo in it. I live in the western sydney suburbs so if there is anyone around who

could help me out or atleast point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Jay.

hey all.

iv been a long time surfer prowling the site but havent registered till now. Big fan! i bought a 2003 v35 anniversary tan leather in march this year with 29ks! i just love this car :) but sadly i am here today only to announce my car was stolen on monday after i handed over my car to a car wash paid and went to get some grub. only to come back and find out my cars been stolen from the car wash :D

anyways. i just wanted to introduce myself and hope to get some insight into what i should be doing because i dont have any insurance besides the green slip for rego.

i loved that car.. :D

thanks all.

How was it stolen?

When the car was finished, did someone else approach the car got the keys and drove off from the car wash?

Or did the car wash boys simply hand over the keys to someone else?

Is the car wash at fault? Can their insurance pay for your car?

I am really sorry to hear what happened!

hey all,

the car was stolen before the car could be washed, the owner said.

the owneer of the carwah said he has full insurance for his business and will cover the cost. whats funny is that yesterday the owner tells me he isnt really liable for the car being stolen but will do his best thru his insurance to have my car reimbursed. to be honets with yuo guys i dont want to mention the name of the car wash right now because i might have to go to court about this IF things turn ugly. the owner has been nice to me, but also shown me a bit of wierd behaviour. any lawyers out there with some sorta idea who is really liable for my car?

to recap this: i gave my car in, got a reciept for what wash i wanted, went in and paid for it with eftpos. then walked out saw my car still there in the queue and left for a kebab.

thanks for the support guys.

cheers.

I'm not a lawyer but when u handed them the keys to your car the duty of care rests with them unless you signed a disclaimer that they would not be liable for any loss or damage to your car while in their care.

But honestly...you've been driving a 30K+ car around for 6 months with no full comp insurance? Defies logic...no disrespect but if it was a shitbox $5000 car I can understand..it will be a pretty expensive lesson for you.

If I were you I wouldn't be seeking legal advice from the forum...I'd be on the phone quick smart to a lawyer.

Sorry to hear fuz.

They will naturally always deny liability (thats what their insurers tell them regardless) Definitely get onto a lawyer because Car Wash will try to rely on disclaimers displayed and try to limit their liability. I'm sure a lawyer will ask whether they have some signs in the car wash or any notes on their receipts. My sister had her car damaged at a car wash recently & it was difficult trying to prove it.

Do you have any pics or details that guys here can look out for it ?

Good luck man.

Definitely agree with the comments above, you need to get in touch with a lawyer soon.

The car was definitely in their care when it was stolen.

What you should perhaps do now is go to the car wash and take pictures of it, all signs, etc. Look for any small writing on the street/wall signs disclaiming their liability for the care of your car. You need to make sure that these signs are not added later at the recommendation from the Car Wash's lawyer to rid them of any liability.

You might want to have a friend also go to the car wash and wash their car so that they can take a picture of the ticket that is presented to you when you get served.

I was curious about the place because I co-own a hand car wash also.

All the best man, keep us posted.

Definitely agree with the comments above, you need to get in touch with a lawyer soon.

The car was definitely in their care when it was stolen.

What you should perhaps do now is go to the car wash and take pictures of it, all signs, etc. Look for any small writing on the street/wall signs disclaiming their liability for the care of your car. You need to make sure that these signs are not added later at the recommendation from the Car Wash's lawyer to rid them of any liability.

You might want to have a friend also go to the car wash and wash their car so that they can take a picture of the ticket that is presented to you when you get served.

I was curious about the place because I co-own a hand car wash also.

All the best man, keep us posted.

thanks for that advice. im seeing a lawyer today and iv also organised for a friend to walk past and take some pictures of the car wash just like you guys reccomended. :blink: im feeling alot more better knowing that i can take this guy to court if i am rooted around. but one question, im getting a lawyer from the free legal aid thingy. are those lawyers any good? im not discriminating them but just wondering if i paid a lawyer would things be more sure? also am i gonna get i trouble for talking about this subject on the newbies thread and not starting a new one dedicated to it?

sorry admin dude.

thanks again all.

ands one more thing, yes i do have the reciept and stuff when i paid for the car wash. they still havent even refunded that money to me yet! coz my car wasnt washed in the first place!

i bought a 2003 v35 anniversary tan leather in march this year... what i should be doing because i dont have any insurance besides the green slip for rego.

^^ = Karma. It is illegal to drive anywhere in Australia without at least 3rd party insurance.

Sorry to hear fuz.

They will naturally always deny liability (thats what their insurers tell them regardless) Definitely get onto a lawyer because Car Wash will try to rely on disclaimers displayed and try to limit their liability. I'm sure a lawyer will ask whether they have some signs in the car wash or any notes on their receipts.

These are two very different scenarios. A scratch is very hard to prove and is what a "reasonable person" would expect these liability terms to be limited to. There are many cases involving dry-cleaners and car-parks where the terms have been printed on the back of ticket. Despite this who actually ever reads them? The owner has entered into a contract for a service to be provided to him. A "reasonable person" would expect that one of the main conditions of that contract would for their car to be given back to them after they service was performed. Questions for the lawyer: Where were the car keys while you were paying for the car wash? Was the car locked while you paid inside?

im getting a lawyer from the free legal aid thingy. are those lawyers any good? im not discriminating them but just wondering if i paid a lawyer would things be more sure?

Don't pay for insurance for your car. Don't want to pay a lawyer either... As it is in your best interests to contact a lawyer about this situation (particularly when you don't have insurance) I would seek out the best lawyer you can afford. The smarter your lawyer the better your chance you have for getting them to buy you a new car.

ands one more thing, yes i do have the reciept and stuff when i paid for the car wash. they still havent even refunded that money to me yet! coz my car wasnt washed in the first place!

You've got much bigger problems than this mate.