SAU Community

9 Sec. Gtr Race/street Car

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice Car.... Major Kudos... (deserves a bump)

Looking for my next race car (as I have sold my twin turbo celica)..... nearly fits the bill, shame no brake upgrade though.... going around corners requires slowing down for them... lol..

Bit too much for me, as 10 sec GTRs can be had for $26K..... alot extra for 1 sec... but the hardest second is to get is the one in front of you...

Good luck with the sale, I'll keep an eye out just in case you need cash tomorrow, and you need a fire sale to keep you warm...

Edited by TwinTurboCelica

Nice Car.... Major Kudos... (deserves a bump)

Looking for my next race car (as I have sold my twin turbo celica)..... nearly fits the bill, shame no brake upgrade though.... going around corners requires slowing down for them... lol..

Bit too much for me, as 10 sec GTRs can be had for $26K..... alot extra for 1 sec... but the hardest second is to get is the one in front of you...

Good luck with the sale, I'll keep an eye out just in case you need cash tomorrow, and you need a fire sale to keep you warm...

10 sec GTR's are 26K because they have had nearly double that outlay to get them there.

the same applies with 60K 9 sec GTR's.

this car is purpose built to go fast both on strip and track.

and has proven to be more reliable than any 10 sec GTR ive own or known. To finish first you must first finish.

choose your brake upgrade and visit your bank...hey its only money!

i think you need to be very careful! with all these supposedly 26 grand 10 sec gtr's around the place! :laugh:

i dont know of too many 450 kw daily driver gtr's out there, and if you take it to a drag strip or circuit make sure you take a trailer.

lol.... we did take a trailer, and we needed it.... Raced GTR.27L in the Vic 2007 dutton, and broke a front hub, and went through a Jim Berry twin plate (that was already fairly used before the event)... Won an event though which was nice. Looking for a GTR to replace the Celica in the Dutton Rally.

I saw this at Auto Saloon, and looked sweet.... just a little (cough cough 30K little) out of my price range... just hoping number 3 at Doonban comes in first place.... hey 100 to 1 shot, but you never know.... lol...

lol.... we did take a trailer, and we needed it.... Raced GTR.27L in the Vic 2007 dutton, and broke a front hub, and went through a Jim Berry twin plate (that was already fairly used before the event)... Won an event though which was nice. Looking for a GTR to replace the Celica in the Dutton Rally.

I saw this at Auto Salon, and looked sweet.... just a little (cough cough 30K little) out of my price range... just hoping number 3 at Doomben comes in first place.... hey 100 to 1 shot, but you never know.... lol...

Did you drive Glen Laws' car? He's a good friend of mine. If you only have 30K, buy his car...he's selling it.

I saw this at Auto Saloon, and looked sweet.... just a little (cough cough 30K little) out of my price range... just hoping number 3 at Doonban comes in first place.... hey 100 to 1 shot, but you never know.... lol...

Moderators have already removed enough of your posts.

Unless you are seriously interested in this car at its reasonable asking price, please don't post in this thread again or a warning will result.

Offering half of the asking price is not just low balling, its an outright insult and shows that you have absolutely no comprehension of what it takes to build a car of this standard.

i think you need to be very careful! with all these supposedly 26 grand 10 sec gtr's around the place! :laugh:

i dont know of too many 450 kw daily driver gtr's out there, and if you take it to a drag strip or circuit make sure you take a trailer.

Ummmm, not only is my GTR a daily driver, it was driven all day as a company car. My wife drives the car effortlessly. It makes no boost under 5000rpm so I find it more tractable than most modified GTR's.

It makes 450rwkw on pump gas with an ultra conservative tune, highest knock ever recorded is around 16. My previous set up made 371rwkw with 2530's and knock on hot days was often in the high 50's. Close tp 500rwkw is easily achievable with my set up, its just not needed as this is a 100% street car.

Dirt Garage, your GTR is as nice as any I have seen, I hope you stick to your guns and get the price this car deserves.

Blitz, just to clarify, I was never offering $35K for his car, I was stating it was $30K out of my price range (which is $35K). Hence I talked about winning big at the races to afford the differences.

DirtGarage and I both live in Newcastle, and we have a common friend Glen Laws, I was the driver of his car in a Race Rally that just passed. It was actually another drag racing friend of mine - Shane 1JZ-747 that told me his car was for sale (He also runs 9s). Most know me in Newcastle, as I have been in the game longer than most.

My post is not to offend anyone, it doesn't seem to offend DirtGarage, but offends you? Fair enough. I'm sorry. No more post from me until there is cash on the table.

DG, I am looking at Glen's car by the way, but I have some others to look at in that price range first.....

Edited by TwinTurboCelica

Ummmm, not only is my GTR a daily driver, it was driven all day as a company car. My wife drives the car effortlessly. It makes no boost under 5000rpm so I find it more tractable than most modified GTR's.

It makes 450rwkw on pump gas with an ultra conservative tune, highest knock ever recorded is around 16. My previous set up made 371rwkw with 2530's and knock on hot days was often in the high 50's. Close tp 500rwkw is easily achievable with my set up, its just not needed as this is a 100% street car.

Dirt Garage, your GTR is as nice as any I have seen, I hope you stick to your guns and get the price this car deserves.

Thanks mate, ours made 450+awkw @20psi on a very conservative run in tune at autosalon with BP98 would do that figure all day every day. It was so rich a lot of the show cars next to the dyno cell complained about the ammount of fuel their cars were coated in after the runs. hehe 11.2:1 in the top end from memory, and very conservative timing figures as well.

TTcelica, i understood where you were coming from, quite simply if no one comes up with the required cash i keep the car. I quite like the look of a 9 sec GTR race car sitting there when i go to the shed to "sharpen the mower blades"!

yes , but as a 10 second al day everyday car can you go race it around a circuit repeatedly or a rally for that matter! and will it last.

if it will last then it is worth more than 26 grand. ( i have no doubt there are 10 sec daily driver gtr's out there but if there going to be raced and last they will be worth more than 26 grand)

was my point

Edited by giant

yes , but can you go race it around a circuit repeatedly or a rally for that matter! and will it last. if it will last then it is worth more than 26 grand.

was my point

yes Russ...thats why there's no 2nd hand cranks or blocks around anymore. Cheaply built cars busting them all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plenty of offers (mostly trades with cash) but nothing that has taken my fancy as yet...keep em coming!

The Sport Compact National Championship starts next month...Anybody want to be an Australian Champion?

This car has the ability to win as it is ultra consistent..$65 000 to be an Aussie champ and still have a road car to drive at the end of the season.

If no-one buys it before the Sydney round im going to compete and steal some championship points off someone who will want them more than I do....hehehe