SAU Community

Xenon's & Parkers/hi Beams

ssshonky

ok .. so I have re-installed my xenons main beams, and wanted to get all the bulbs to match.

So .. my question is basically " is it possible? "

I went and got some Navra " arctic blue " parkers and Hi Beams ( HB3's ) but they were no where near the colour of the main beams.

Now the Hi Beams wont worry me that much as we hardly ever use them, but the parkers varying in colour kinda annoy me.

I noticed a Chrysler 300C on the way into work this morning and noticed that the fog/driving lamps lower down in the front bar were a different colour than the Xenon headlights. so maybe thats the way with a few cars out there?

Obviously I have no idea of what the Stagea lights looked like before compliance.

any comments anyone?

ok .. so I have re-installed my xenons main beams, and wanted to get all the bulbs to match.

So .. my question is basically " is it possible? "

I went and got some Navra " arctic blue " parkers and Hi Beams ( HB3's ) but they were no where near the colour of the main beams.

Now the Hi Beams wont worry me that much as we hardly ever use them, but the parkers varying in colour kinda annoy me.

I noticed a Chrysler 300C on the way into work this morning and noticed that the fog/driving lamps lower down in the front bar were a different colour than the Xenon headlights. so maybe thats the way with a few cars out there?

Obviously I have no idea of what the Stagea lights looked like before compliance.

any comments anyone?

Ive got factory parker and high beam bulbs in and they are both quite yellow compared to the HIDs (4500k), i would guess Nissan designed it that way.

Hi guys sorry to steal the limelight but for my r32 does there exist some sort of headlight bulbs that try to replicate the xeon lights without going ahead with the full conversion to xeon?

one of my mate's owns a hyundai excel & he buys these xeon replica bulbs for his headlights which are bright white in colour & look half decent, so im hoping to discover a similiar headlight bulb (i think HC3) for my r32

any suggestions?

Ebay sell HEAPS of retro fit Xenon kits.

basically comprises of a bulb that goes in to your existing headlight and a ballast to boost the voltage.

Not sure on what brands are good etc.

the bulbs I think you are talking about are not really Xenons but try to get a similar colour.

Hi guys sorry to steal the limelight but for my r32 does there exist some sort of headlight bulbs that try to replicate the xeon lights without going ahead with the full conversion to xeon?

one of my mate's owns a hyundai excel & he buys these xeon replica bulbs for his headlights which are bright white in colour & look half decent, so im hoping to discover a similiar headlight bulb (i think HC3) for my r32

any suggestions?

Hey while we're on this topic, does anyone know of any decent bulbs to put in instead of the Halogen H1's? Mine uses those instead of Xenon's since it was changed over during compliance.

These halogen's are not real good as many people know and since I will be doing an interstate drive next week (moving to brisbane, yay!) I was hoping I could find something brighter that will work with the current setup.

Not looking at fitting a HID setup to it, sounds too expensive for what its worth - only to risk a defect notice :D

Is there any other options, maybe a headlight that is more of the white/blue xenon colour that will fit? i think its 12V/55W if i remember correctly...

hey matey.. when you got your car complianced did they give you all the xenon stuff back ?

cause if so ( now that I know ) its really easy to change

but .. to address your question

I found the Navra +50's to be EXCELLENT !

I ran em in my pulsar and the gf's car, and also my mums night vision is pretty bad and I installed some in her camry and she said she could really notice the difference.. so yeah.. you could

do worse than stick some of those bulbs in your car.

Not sure if they come in H1 format but pretty sure they should

the +50s give you a slightly whiter light and supposedly 20m more throw.. so good for country driving.

maybe change your hi beams over while your at it

Hey while we're on this topic, does anyone know of any decent bulbs to put in instead of the Halogen H1's? Mine uses those instead of Xenon's since it was changed over during compliance.

These halogen's are not real good as many people know and since I will be doing an interstate drive next week (moving to brisbane, yay!) I was hoping I could find something brighter that will work with the current setup.

Not looking at fitting a HID setup to it, sounds too expensive for what its worth - only to risk a defect notice :D

Is there any other options, maybe a headlight that is more of the white/blue xenon colour that will fit? i think its 12V/55W if i remember correctly...

hey matey.. when you got your car complianced did they give you all the xenon stuff back ?

cause if so ( now that I know ) its really easy to change

but .. to address your question

I found the Navra +50's to be EXCELLENT !

I ran em in my pulsar and the gf's car, and also my mums night vision is pretty bad and I installed some in her camry and she said she could really notice the difference.. so yeah.. you could

do worse than stick some of those bulbs in your car.

Not sure if they come in H1 format but pretty sure they should

the +50s give you a slightly whiter light and supposedly 20m more throw.. so good for country driving.

maybe change your hi beams over while your at it

nah i bought the car from a dealer so didn't get any of that stuff - would've been kept by the compliance place i'd imagine.

Thanks for the advice though - will definitely look into those. Might buy them now so I can at least try them out before the trip. Cant recall my high-beams ever being changed so probably a good time to do those too. Wouldn't even have thought of taking spares if you hadn't mentioned this so cheers! :D

yeah hope you notice a difference if you do try them :D

oh and regarding spares. you could just keep the ones you pull out when you change em and just keep them in case of an emergency.

so they left your globe cradle the same during compliance- not converted to h1, did you pull the globe plug apart to get it into the housing?

so they left your globe cradle the same during compliance- not converted to h1, did you pull the globe plug apart to get it into the housing?

No mine have been converted to H1's so thats why I'm wondering if there is anything other than the "standard" H1 globes to make them brighter...as answered by ssshonky :D

Will let you know how it goes when I buy some...

Well...what are correct bulbs to get

I went out and brought H3 (12V/55W) globes for the high beams (they have the wire coming off it) and T10 (12V/.5W I think) wedge globes for the parkers

Are they the right ones??

Edited by BigDirtyJase

hey all

i have been using these globes in my cars for the last few years and have found them to be awesome, they light up heaps further down the road and all the roadside signs seem to be a lot sharper and reflect a lot better.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/H1-100W-SILVER-BLUE...1QQcmdZViewItem

check em out and see what you think but i reckon they are heaps better than the narva ones.

my 2 cents

cheers oxford

what they did is .. basically where the HID bulb usually sit .. they provided a plate that supported the bulb ( so it didnt fall thru into the headlight ) and just wired them up that way.

I then found out that the clips that were in there were still correct.

well .. the taking the headlight apart was a total waste of time

do you know when you have done something once.. its a major PITA .. and your thinking to yourself

there is no WAY a compliance shop could afford this kind of time !

so I looked harder at it . and .. the wires that head into the connection that then screws onto the back of the HID bulb - all of the wires can be removed from the plug ( very neatly and easily! ) and all you do is slip the wiring behind the reflector and it pops out near where the bulb goes in.

once I had done that I had the other headlight converted in around 10 mins!

What I am looking for ( and cant find!! ) is there was a " how to " on converting your lights back to HID ,.. and I really need to know if the " secret to it all " was in the write up or if I have just invented a better way of doing it.

( but I bet my left nut that it was in the "how to" that I was too lazy to find )

yeah I am using something kinda similar for my hi beams

hey do you have any problems with the connectors to the bulbs getting very hot and melting?

I notice in that link they are 100w so probably drawing more than the factory main beams would?

hey all

i have been using these globes in my cars for the last few years and have found them to be awesome, they light up heaps further down the road and all the roadside signs seem to be a lot sharper and reflect a lot better.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/H1-100W-SILVER-BLUE...1QQcmdZViewItem

check em out and see what you think but i reckon they are heaps better than the narva ones.

my 2 cents

cheers oxford

Also isn't there a warning somewhere saying not to run more than 55W globes with polycarbonate lenses? not sure what the stagea lenses are made with...can anyone give more info on this? just dont wanna ruin anything. plus I'm assuming that higher wattage globes will need replacing more often? my 55W cheapies need replacing every 4-6 months or so it seems...

the globes i posted the link to are what i use for my low beams and in the high beam spottys (series2) in the grill i imported some globes from the states that are 8500K and man they are awesome!!

all the globes i use have UV cut properties so they dont fry the poly lenses in the head lights,i currently have just installed the 2nd set in there after just under 2 years so they last pretty good, and as yet i have not had any issue with the connectors melting as the xenon gas in them allows them to run a hell of a lot cooler than the halogen ones, and yes you read that right the globes i posted the link to have xenon gas in them!!! so are very close in nature to the factory xenon HID ones but a shedload cheaper to boot.

Edited by oxford1327

the globes i posted the link to are what i use for my low beams and in the high beam spottys (series2) in the grill i imported some globes from the states that are 8500K and man they are awesome!!

all the globes i use have UV cut properties so they dont fry the poly lenses in the head lights,i currently have just installed the 2nd set in there after just under 2 years so they last pretty good, and as yet i have not had any issue with the connectors melting as the xenon gas in them allows them to run a hell of a lot cooler than the halogen ones, and yes you read that right the globes i posted the link to have xenon gas in them!!! so are very close in nature to the factory xenon HID ones but a shedload cheaper to boot.

That sounds GREAT. This is really good info :P

I had seen globes with a H1? fitting in the shop that say "xenon" on them and wasn't sure if they were suitable, even though they definitely weren't proper HID lights...but sounds like I need some like you've got. Seeing where you're going at night is quite helpful...as will be spotting (and avoiding) any wildlife along the way as I trek across a few state borders next friday/saturday :cool: