SAU Community

Mark And Russ's Super R34 Build Up

giant

hey ryan a few ppl have seen the r33 already, alot of it was done before i bought it, mind you we have mad many changes since then!!

here's a few pics , cant wait for it to tear the track up and set it up, it's on full slicks.

post-17546-1211264216_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211264289_thumb.jpg

the boot area has changed as the dry sump resevoir is also in there now too.

post-17546-1211264361_thumb.jpg

I MUST HAVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, though you have heard me say that before :teehee:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey ryan a few ppl have seen the r33 already, alot of it was done before i bought it, mind you we have mad many changes since then!!

here's a few pics , cant wait for it to tear the track up and set it up, it's on full slicks.

post-17546-1211264216_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211264289_thumb.jpg

the boot area has changed as the dry sump resevoir is also in there now too.

post-17546-1211264361_thumb.jpg

Awesome car Russ!!!

BUT.... Please tell me you have different rims for it???

They are horrible...

jack... hehe funny how no one has said that before !!but they are shit wanna buy a them?

they run way to close the caliper as well.

yes should be getting te37 or the AME's the same as the r34. theres few asthetic mods to happen to it yet! including colour coded sills and splitter.

haha dunc! lol

well should get the r34 back in a week or so, seam welding to go, mount the air jacks, radiator support panel mod, steering column mod, think thats about it for the moment on the shell ,

then back to us for start dummy assemble, then pull back apart again and start paint prep,

just a few small pics of bits

major exhaust tunnel mod for ground clearance, really happy with it!!

post-17546-1211537530_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211537625_thumb.jpg

the new brakes :) should be very nice!

post-17546-1211537710_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211538037_thumb.jpg

and the roll cage coming through the firewall

post-17546-1211537755_thumb.jpg

slowly getting there !

will spend all this weekend putting the r32 back together! preparing for superlap

Edited by giant

looking good russ. did you notice how easy it is to get to the firewall....before you try and fit everything back in lol.

I love the exhaust mods too - are you going to run a muffler, and what are you going to do about bracing the chasis rail (that was my main concern about that little trick).

thanks guys, the brakes look great in the flesh

yeah pretty sure we are going to run a bit of a muffler there, also above the muffler box you can see a horizontal rollcage bar has been added to counter the chassis copping the chop , this has been done on bothsides too, as you would know dunc there isnt much strength in the gtr rails to begin with so will be heaps stronger now even with out it, most of the floor pan strength generally comes from the sill area and were it has been cut all the individual sill sheets have been welded to the cutout sheet for strength too. hes a master at it, my car is sitting next to a brandnew v8 supercar with the same floor mods.

cant wait to get it back and crack on with it,

is there anything we need to look out for if we are going to get this logbooked in sports sedans?? anyone (dunc , i know your building one)

cheers russ

warning....alcohol influenced post.

i don;t really now,. they talk about bodyily unmodified as the distinction between the 32wd and 4wd sports sendas and you have modified the body,. but hey so have we, we chopped heaps of shit out so i dunno. I've never spoekn to a scruitineer or similar about it.

most important is....sports sedans rukles are very liekly to change by then dend of ht e year, so make sure it ahs a log book by then, iotherwise 4wd is likely to be banned again.s

wowo goog typing duncan

warning....alcohol influenced post.

i don;t really now,. they talk about bodyily unmodified as the distinction between the 32wd and 4wd sports sendas and you have modified the body,. but hey so have we, we chopped heaps of shit out so i dunno. I've never spoekn to a scruitineer or similar about it.

most important is....sports sedans rukles are very liekly to change by then dend of ht e year, so make sure it ahs a log book by then, iotherwise 4wd is likely to be banned again.s

wowo goog typing duncan

you started off well :)

hey will be the aussie rb 30 but with an amazing crank girdle setup which ties to the block also,

only one colour for the car for me, BLACK with a nice set of dark wheels, AME wheels made by Enkei (custom made). but will have some good graphics to brighten it up(hopefully)

4wd will remain in the car.

the boot, boonet and doors are dry carbon off the Tomei drag car.

rear hub mod does away with the hicas lock bar altogether( not required)

Just a thought i think pro engines are doing an os gilken copy or the rb30 with a 26 block might pay to get onto them and have the stronger 26 block and no need for 4wd adaptor

GO Russ this is exactly what I was thinking of doing to my zed. If having exhaust out the side is not recessed like this it is too noisy having exhaust out the side and not big enough muffler. Us zed owners don't like noise. If I do this I might go a bit higher into the cabin to fit a bigger muffler and still be flush underneath for less drag. Your passion and enthusiasm for motorsport is infectious.

Russ,

Mark here, the other half of Duncan's R32 sprint car build. Just finished off another half day of cage work on the R32; 4 hours pissed away putting bars through the firewall to the front strut towers and it's only half finished! The rest of the interior stuff is a breeze compared to these four little bars.

Can you post some more pictures of the 34 cage you a putting in. Ours goes every which way, and it's a case of not knowing when to stop, so I'd love to see some other ideas. I'll take some photos of ours on Friday and post them up for all to critique.

I'm thinking of putting some bars up from where the rear cradle joins to the chassis just in front of the rear wheel arches, but not sure if it will be worth the effort. My main concern is the front end. Compared to the rear, it has very little cross bracing. The rear is a tank, and the front, well, this damn thing called driver and engine just get in the way. I'm going to go through the firewall 2 more times from the top of the strut towers to the cross member under the dash, but can't think of any better way to brace the front.

Mark

hi mark

the pics i have i will post, havent got any going through the firewall as dave was just doing that the other day and didnt get any reals pics, but will post what i have. dave said it was an absolute bitch coming throught the front too!

and you are right about strengthening the front as much as you can, they move around like a bitch!!

heres the pics i have

post-17546-1211804255_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211804269_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211804282_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211804294_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211804307_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211804320_thumb.jpg

here a car in japan, i was looking at, and you can see what i think your talking about with strengthening were the rear cradle mounts to.

a bit wild but food for thought maybe.

post-17546-1211804813_thumb.jpg

post-17546-1211804863_thumb.jpg

hope there something useful there!

i will have more pics but probably not before your finished. lol

cheers russ

cheers russ