SAU Community

Japan Trip - Looking For Some Advice

600ZILLA

Hi,

I haven't logged on here for a while since selling my 32 GTR and getting into a FD RX-7 but have a trip to Japan booked and would like some assistance.

I am planning to get myself and gf to Fuji Speedway for the D1 practise day on April 26th from the Prince Hotel in Shinjuku, 2 minutes walk to Shinjuku Station.

http://www.fsw.tv/english/access/railway.html

Is there anything I should know about catching the Odakyo Romance Car to Gotenba Station and then Taxi to the Speedway? Is it really as simple as getting to the station and finding a cab?

We will have a JR Rail pass for our fortnight stay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards, Jonathan

the first thing i recommend is catching the odakyU train line...

directions from the prince hotel... turn right out the front door and walk straight to the main street ahead of you. Turn and walk under the bridge.(The JR / YAMANOTO train bridge) at the traffic lights cross the street (on your left) walk straight up the footpath(pushing through all the people) pass KFC , Yoshinoya, Cocos curry, cross another small street(walking straight) pass the big eletric goods store.... keep walking straight and go in the odakyu line entrance(on your left... and follow the signs. EASY

someone please continue from gotemba(??? station)

Thank you, Akeenan!

There is a bus timetable from Gotemba Station to the Speedway on the FSW site so that may be all I need.

We are spending 6 nights in Tokyo and then 6 nights in Osaka from the 24th April -6th May. Doing day trips to kyoto and othe surrounding areas of Osaka if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks again.

akeenan has it pretty covered. from gotemba i have previously just taken a cab. it wasn't too bad. maybe 4,000 or 5,000.

just follow his directions and don't fall into the trap of going to the closest entrance to shinjuku station (east entrance). you want to be around the other side, and your JR pass wont be valid on the odakyu line.

akeenan has it pretty covered. from gotemba i have previously just taken a cab. it wasn't too bad. maybe 4,000 or 5,000.

just follow his directions and don't fall into the trap of going to the closest entrance to shinjuku station (east entrance). you want to be around the other side, and your JR pass wont be valid on the odakyu line.

Thanks, will just have to see how well we go on the day.

I got a taxi from Gotemba. Good view of Mt Fuji on the way.

Yoshinoya FTW!

Getting a taxi from Fuji will be a little harder.Just ask someone at the front entrance,they will be more than helpful.

ya... nuh dont expect to see turbos intercoolers and power fcs there..

if you're after simple stuff like air filters, nismo clear indicators and some small nismo parts then they'll have it

go there if you're desperate but can't really get out of tokyo, or otherwise chiba's the way to go.

super autobacs actually have a good range of subaru parts on the shelf though, dont know why they only bothered with the subies

Consider hiring a car to get to Fuji.

I did and I got to see so much on the way. Also went up the top of mount fuji after and had a blast.

Drove around the mount fuji complex. ITS A HUGE PLACE !

Walking around it would suck, specially going from track to track.

By the time you pay for train tickets there and back. Then taxi ride there and back your costs will be close to a hire car + fuel.

You won't get to see anywhere near as much and you loose so much time in travel.

• 2 weeks later...

I am aiming to go to this too! want to meet up? I'm thinking of going down the hirecar route if you want in.

also I will be in osaka around the same time

Edited by Sarumatix

Most Train stations have English signs so it won't be too hard. They also have colour coded train lines. It should be fairly simple... you will get the hang of it quite quickly.

You must got to Super Auto Bacs when you are there. There is one near Tokyo. It is the Bunnings of car parts!!!

Nissan showroom is in Ginza (Tokyo)

If you drive up Mt Fuji don't get out until you get to the top. There are a lot of bears! At the top there are shops with military grade fencing behind it.

Kylie

Ding ding dong..."....Welcome to the Hikari Supa Express bound for Yokohama, Kyoto, Shin-Osaka... There are smoking trains on cars 3 and 5........"

Catch the Subway to get to Ginza for the Nissan showroom, and not the JR rail. Also walk a few blocks and find the other nissan showroom in Ginza.