SAU Community

Intercooler Cheat ;)

sup people..

one my m8s (into racing rally cars)told me that in the evos 7 they use they create anotha pipe coming from window washer motor and connect a jet/mister( like window washer ) and aim it to the intercooler to cool the intake air temp. this is controlled by a solinoid valve so u can still use your window washers:)

they recon the can feel a difference because every kw counts in rally as not aloud 2 many mods:s

gunna try it soon c how i go

reply, tell me what you think:)

cheers

very common, the evo 8 and 9 have it standard i believe

there are aftermarket kits available also

to try it out

1. blow air from your mouth on your hand - note its hot

2. wet or lick your hand (the same spot)

3. blow air from your mouth on your hand where its wet - note its cool

the water undergoes some thermal change and does a big temperature drop

if you do the same on the intercooler core, it drops the temperature in the same way

sup people..

one my m8s (into racing rally cars)told me that in the evos 7 they use they create anotha pipe coming from window washer motor and connect a jet/mister( like window washer ) and aim it to the intercooler to cool the intake air temp. this is controlled by a solinoid valve so u can still use your window washers:)

they recon the can feel a difference because every kw counts in rally as not aloud 2 many mods:s

cheers

lowering your in take temps is always a good thing.

not sure if you will be able to feel the difference. on some hot days it will feel less sluggish

Old schooool

Specific heat values...

Air ~ 1 kJ/( kg * deg K)

Water 4.18 kJ/( kg * deg K)

...and with a latent heat value of 2256 kJ/kg, the evaporation process removes a fair deal of heat.

As to if you'll feel it? Well its like most things. If the ambient air is dry, your moving quickly and the IC is already fairly saturated (like dan said) then sure, it'l make some noticeable difference.

PS: Licking my hand got me hot.. not cool ;)

Edited by GeeTR

hahaha lol nice jokes guys, do you guys think this is a good mod to do for a street driven car? what costs are involved?

How many KW did it give you?

dude hes talking bout not licking his had coz he just had a toss lol

thanx 4 the info boys

im gunna buy the stuff 2 morro

ill take pics nd tell u how it goes

cya's

dude hes talking bout not licking his had coz he just had a toss lol

thanx 4 the info boys

im gunna buy the stuff 2 morro

ill take pics nd tell u how it goes

cya's

:/

Don't forget to toss before you test it out.

Oh, and post pics too. Of the waterspray. The one on the car.

rofl intercooler spray. have a look on youtube.

I NEVER saw any change when i had mine. i had 4 misters and used my old stock fuel pump as the water pump.

unless you are a track hoon and out there every waking moment, theres no need. an effective cooling system that is maintained will do a better job.

i ended up caning mine. waste of time. bit of a wank factor too

Edited by r33cruiser

sup people..

cheers

Is called Heat Soak Evaporation.

By spraying water on the intercooler while the car is driving forward and the air is blowing towards the intercooler, its basicaly "chills" the it, gets rid of the heat and makes the air colder going into the inlet plenum.

You can program the water jets to start sparying when the car hits boost.

But with all the water restrictions we have you better have a good sorce or water. LOL!

Edited by (00)SKYLINE(00)

thought i might add my 2c:

when i fill up at the local servo on a hot day.. pop the hood and pour water from those containers over the fmic and the radiator while the engines running..

when i start driving i notice that the temp gauge on my cluster R33 25t drops a fair whack.. it remains like that for around 15-20 min or so.

i dont think a wee bit of spray would make any noticable difference at all, unless you let it spray for like 1 min continuously so that the fmic is drenched.

Lol.

Has any one sprayed that Loctite freeze and release spray onto their intercooler and noticed a difference? We sell it at work and have always thought about giving it a shot, ment to cool it down to negative temperature, kind of like a Nitrous intercooler spray only a lot cheaper lol.

Here's the stuff im talking about:

http://www.loctite.com.au/int_henkel/locti...elease_red5.jpg

Surely something like this you would notice a BIG difference if some people reckon they can feal a water spray kit work.