SAU Community

M35 Brakes

Paramour

Well, around $1200. http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=19203&cat=&page=1

There was another place doing them slightly cheaper, but I can't remember who.

No worries at all re; loan, perfectly understandable.

I don't think R33 shocks would fit at all; they're a fairly long shock with a coilover spring, whereas the Stagea uses a fairly short shock and separate spring.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Apologies for bringing up an old thread. I've recently purchased r33 slotted rotors and r33 gts-t calipers to fit to the ARX. As far as I've read, it should be pretty much a straight swap with minimal modding required for the fronts. Hopefully these items will be delivered by the weekend so I can put them on, but I just wanted to check prior to fitting, what I should be expecting?

-The calipers have a restrictor in them which can be removed by screwing in a self tapper and pulling it out? This is so the m35 brake line which is 2mm larger will fit, no worries. Is this correct?

-I also read somewhere I may have to machine off a few mm off the hub? Or was this only for GTR32 rotors to fit?

-I was planning on putting the rears on as well, but is the mount different for the calipers? Can someone please confirm this? :)

Currently I have a set of BBS rims, so there should be plenty of clearance. If not, I have 30mm spacers I can put on for back up.

Cheers in advance!

33 front callipers will fit but the bolts are M12 and the stock ones are M14, so you will need a tube spacer which I can make if you need it. You will also need to remove the restrictor so the banjo will go all the way in. There is a good chance you will need to grind a little off the bottom of the hub or it will grind when you go around corners.

The rears won't fit as the spacing is completely different.

Thanks for the info, Scott. Damn, so there's no chance on hooking up the rear r33 rotors & brakes then. Anyone wanna buy some brakes off me? BEST PRICE! :)

OK so what are the other options for rears? DBA Slotted Xtrail rotors & HPX pads? I won't be tracking the car or anything like that.

Also, one more question.. Can anyone confirm if r34 gtt rotor & caliper will fit? I thought I read that somewhere here a while back, but can't find it now. Just seeing what my options are as the brakes look puny - I feel I need to fill the space!

Also, one more question.. Can anyone confirm if r34 gtt rotor & caliper will fit? I thought I read that somewhere here a while back, but can't find it now. Just seeing what my options are as the brakes look puny - I feel I need to fill the space!

They fit perfectly, but you will have to trim away a portion of the dust shield, as it contacts the disc rotor.

They make a great upgrade over standard, they are what the car should have been fitted with from the factory.

They fit perfectly, but you will have to trim away a portion of the dust shield, as it contacts the disc rotor.

They make a great upgrade over standard, they are what the car should have been fitted with from the factory.

Or the other option is to use a 3mm slip-on spacers put between the hub and disc. Also use the same thickness washer between the calipers and the carrier. No trimming or grinding and looks factory. That's what I did.

hmm I might take you up on the tube spacers, Scotty. PM sent, thanks man!

I have a spare set of the tubes spaces and bolts if needed. I had two sets made when I fitted R32 calipers on my AXIS. Located in Sydney.

Thanks for the offer, Benny, but you're too late! Scotty has jumped in there first and I already have them en route to Sydney. Got a bucks on this weekend, but will try and get around to installing the brakes this weekend if not too hung over :)

• 2 months later...

Finally found some time to put my brakes on. Big thanks to Scotty for fabricating the spacers - they worked a treat :thumbsup: Removed the restrictor as directed, but the line wouldn't fit oddly.. so still had to remove a few mm. Strangely enough, removed the restrictor on the other side - and it went straight in with no problems. So I figure I must be retarded or something. All in all, still have to bed the pads in - but big success.

I apologise in advance for the vulgarity of the red. I wanted to spray them a dark bronze instead, might do it later when the red grows old.

Shiny new!

20131109_161109.jpg

Excuse the touch up over spray. It'll get dirty soon enough.
20131109_183840.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hey does anyone know if the r34 gtt calipers have the restrictor too?

Eyeing up a pair and they say the rotors it comes with are 310x30 would this still bolt up or do i need 296x30s

Thanks in advance

the r34gtt's with the 310 rotors will fit, i have them on my axis. they had restrictors that i pulled out, cut the dust plate, and took a bit off the bottom of the hub. all good.

the r34gtt's with the 310 rotors will fit, i have them on my axis. they had restrictors that i pulled out, cut the dust plate, and took a bit off the bottom of the hub. all good.

Cheers bro, the caliper bracket didnt need any mods?

Cheers bro, the caliper bracket didnt need any mods?