SAU Community

So Whos Doing Superlap

Adz

Hey,

Just wanted to know who is doing Superlap from Vic.

When: July 5th

Where: Oran Park, NSW

Would be good if we could organise a bit of a possy.

Also if your like me and never done the track before I am looking for opertunities to head up for a practice if that intrests anyone.

Adam

Best bet is to fly up there and hire an MGF or something. Just get heaps of laps in. The 20min sessions on the day will help you get used to the track in your car.

I want to enter, but it looks like all my money and time will be going on partying OS, which is good and bad. :D I would liked to have pitted my car up agaisnt such a cross section of cars...

Perhaps OP will run a practice day on the Thurs or Fri before Superlap - maybe thatd be better for a practice day, rather than having to drive up there twice.

Hey Adz,

I would love to do this but looks like it won't fit with future plans on top of the fact that the rules don't really fit my car. If my plans change I'll join up.

Hey mate put your name down anyway, the forms arent out yet :blink:

• 2 months later...

Thought id revive this.

So whos still going and what are your travel plans.

Ill be leaving first thing Friday morning. Think we are staying in town at this stage.

I was thinking about driving up to check it out, but didn't realise Calder was on that weekend as well, so I'm not sure which way I'll go at this stage.

Hey, if you want to change all the fluids, and put tyres on it i would love to see it being punted around. After the cruise on Fri night, i dont think the suspension is really that bad. Its easily good enough for the power y car has. If i have the 2.5k for entry, fuel, oil and tyres i would be there side swiping all those fancy car swith cf doors etc

I have to stay focussed, do i want this...

Winton_Trouble.jpg

or this

bayview.jpg

i may be heading to this if i can organise a ride or somthing as my car is off the road if im lucky i may have it back intime but i highly doubt it well just checking the date today i extreamly doubt it

but if some one is willing to let me whore im happy to pay half the fuel costs ;)

but i may even fly up and do the whole loan car thing to as that sounds cheap