SAU Community

Hks Gt2835 Pro S Turbo 272.3 Rwkw

Any info you can give us on the camera setup? Is it a lipstick camera inputted to a digi cam? I have been looking for a setup for track days, scrutineers are getting pretty strict with installs these days so if you can get that quality out of a lipstick camera i would love to hear about it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can only imagine wat mine might do.......

Haha I have a fair idea of what a setup like yours drives like, and I recommend semi slicks being a permanent fixture to the back of the car :)

Any info you can give us on the camera setup? Is it a lipstick camera inputted to a digi cam? I have been looking for a setup for track days, scrutineers are getting pretty strict with installs these days so if you can get that quality out of a lipstick camera i would love to hear about it

I don't know what a 'lip stick' camera is, forgive my ignorance.

Nonetheless, the camera I used was just an ordinary still shot camera in video mode. I merely wrapped cloth tape (VERY sticky sticky tape) around the camera and steering column to ensure it doesn't move around, simple as that.

Cheers.

in a nutshell:

the gtrs is a re badged garet 2871 series housing

the 2835 pro s is a re badged garret 3071... i.e. bigger

the gtrs lines up with the stock dump pipe

2835 needs a custom job, or if bought in a kit comes with its own dump pipe.

the 2835 will net you 30rwkw odd more for roughly 1k more

BUT... its been said on here a few times that the gtrs is for those who want to fry every gear and the 2835 is for those that want to be able to get their power to the ground.

both fun options... i went for the 2835.... (still waiting to install it tho) :D

Thats interesting... The 2835 is usually considered to be a relatively lag free turbo...

i have the HKS 2835 PRO S on my rb20, only just put it on an still have to get it tuned but dam, makes 3 psi at 3k lol full boost at around 4.5k, its slow but has a bit of kick at the end, nothing like the

vid, very impressive mate

Those who fry tyres with a GTRS must have some crazy (poor) suspension setup or stepping sideways off the clutch on every gear change, mines fine.

in regards to the above you tube links.

im not real sure what you guys see in the gtrs.

have you not been in anything faster?

it makes lots of wooshing noises but dosent seem to pull very hard.

you may say im full of shit but i know what my wifes car is capable of and that gtrs has nothing on the muppet bus.

i think the car above in question has lots of mods and a hell of a lot of money thrown at it , yet it struggles to make the wheels chirp as it ramps onto boost in second. wheres all the midrange? for dollars spent it should spin to the limiter when you floor it in second, but it dosent.

Yeah thats a fairly good point, if thats in 2rd - mine gets a lot more savage than that and romps through second. Makes the pretty noises too, but probably a fair bit cheaper setup - and only running conservative boost.

The GT2835 vid posted in this thread sounds like it'd give it a spank :thumbsup:

Heres a clip with mine when I got the internally gated housing, before I got the boost controller for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tajFNv_q7Y