Sandown - Sun 1 June - Club C/ship Rnd 4

Bec

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as i have never been to sandown before, can someone tell my which entry gate we have to go in and how to get to it?

cheers.

Head down Princess Hwy - Outbound (Away from the City) go over big Springvale Rd intersection. Look for a left hand slip turn to sandown raceway prior to the over pass (bridge), which you will driver over. (Sandown is on your right)

Enter at the first gate. Usually always manned by security. Let them know you are here for WRX Club Sprints if asked.

For everyone else - The old entrance near springvale train station is apparently going to be locked these days to minimise traffic in suburbian area.

Well if he needs to spend some time with you then i am happy to put the red car into the wall on the back straight

Bwahaha na i can do that all by myself.

Head down Princess Hwy - Outbound (Away from the City) go over big Springvale Rd intersection. Look for a left hand slip turn to sandown raceway prior to the over pass (bridge), which you will driver over. (Sandown is on your right)

Enter at the first gate. Usually always manned by security. Let them know you are here for WRX Club Sprints if asked.

For everyone else - The old entrance near springvale train station is apparently going to be locked these days to minimise traffic in suburbian area.

thanks mate, thats a great help.

are you competing? i dont think i saw your name on the list?

thanks mate, thats a great help.

are you competing? i dont think i saw your name on the list?

Nah, Wish I could.. Sandown and I still have some unfinished business. But unfortunatly Dutton has sucked me dry and there are no funds avaliable.

I was hopeing to get a dry run at Dutton so I could get into the teens (1m1*sec), but it will have to wait.

Bwahaha na i can do that all by myself.

Lets be honest here Adam. There are things that i will openly admit you can do better then me. Like punting a car around a race track, keeping your shit in check when ppl are trying to feck you up with shots, excelling after a night out at Dutton etc etc. But i bet if we sit down for a few drinks and exchange stories i have it on you when it comes to binning cars :/ So let me have my tim in the sun....upside down with cruch ed roof and spilt fuel burning my skin and eyes :wave:

man, i am lucky!

As usual before each track day i like to get under the car and make sure everything is nice an tight.

After struggling to get it on the hoist because it was sitting lower in the front we found that the sway bar had come undone at the center mounts, bending all kinds of shit, the forward arm attached to the castor rod had both undone bolts and torn other bolts out causing the whole front of the car to bust its welds between the chassi rails and the cross bar at the front.

the arm attached to the castor rod would have definantly given way on the track, probably after one stop, shooting my wheel straight back into the fire wall, similar to that of the GTR and Dutton..

it is all most likely related to the fact my engine mounts are made from granite. oh, and to top it off, i have lost power to wipers, climate and the dash. yay.

Bring on tommorow...

& thanks Mick for giving me your workshop for another marathon fix.

i was tuning my car last night checking over everything i had over heating issue and realized my thermostat $hit it self. all sorted now.

Ryan, those engine mounts .....hmmm don't know how could handle the vibrations.

cya tomorrow

See you all there. I have to come along and try and keep Clayton honest in his WRX. They were taking it back to the workshop after the Island so this time its going to be real interesting.

Snowman, time for some 18s for you.... The car, the track and the weather all say yes !

Man , the Micolour R32 was doing an Endurance Race all day. LOL, i think the only car that came close to doing as many laps was the yellow Commodore :down:

Shame to see so many people having problems today. But good work to Matt for winding the time he did out of his bus before problems struck :down: LOL, like last track day i am pumped about the next one now, though as the date looms closer i am sure my enthusiasm will wane as the dollars add up :down:

And top work to the Datta Mafia. First thing i saw in the morning when i got there was Lee and Troy (feck...bless you) in the Dattos passing a whote R33 GTR :D Good to see scrutineering went your way as well :)

Same here Aaron.. although I did punch out a pb 1:22.7 in the first session before I got a puncture in the rear left tyre.. then I changed over to running on crappy used advan A048's on the black TE37's, but I wasn't able to improve my time throughout the day due to lack of grip. Oh and then I blew a turbo. Game over! :down: