SAU Community

Venting Some Frustration

Terminal

So I went to get some fuel tonight, i get to the bowswer and look at the price for Ultimate... 173.9c/L

I'm starting to get annoyed at why the price is going up so quickly. it seems to jump 5c each week, what's going on?

anywho, i'm just venting... why does everything have to get so expensive... interest rates, fuel, food.... bah.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, its the way it is champ.

everyone has to fill the pockets up usually at lower income earners expense.

i'm not going to get into it as it angers me and im trying to stress less atm ahahhaha

the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, its the way it is champ.

everyone has to fill the pockets up usually at lower income earners expense.

i'm not going to get into it as it angers me and im trying to stress less atm ahahhaha

Meh: new ambition: become one of these so called 'rich' : it's a guaranteed recipe for success, if only I can break into their income bracket without resorting to less-than-legal activities....

Meh: new ambition: become one of these so called 'rich' : it's a guaranteed recipe for success, if only I can break into their income bracket without resorting to less-than-legal activities....

Cost me over 100 bucks to fill up last night...

yup yup

Well, the wife was bored and asked me to take her out somewhere expensive last night..............So I took her to the local Shell Servo.......LOL..(sic)

it possible to do an LPG convert?

theres a few threads on them here, its been done. at the moment its probably not worth the cost but you start driving a lot of kms in the stagea and petrol hits 2.50 a litre or something......then it might become worth it

even later down the track, if fuel cells become mainstream soon enough you could replace the straight 6 with a big-ass electric motor :(. im thinking off a piece of mining equipment

Edited by zoomzoom

10yrs ago Crude oil was $14/barrel

5yrs ago Crude oil was $31/barrel

2yrs ago Crude oil was $51/barrel

1yr ago Crude oil was $63/barrel

Today Crude oil is $132/barrel

And you wonder why you are getting annoyed that the pump price is going up so quickly, the cost of the product has more than doubled in the last 1yr yet the retail price has gone up by only 50% - think yourself lucky.

10yrs ago Crude oil was $14/barrel

5yrs ago Crude oil was $31/barrel

2yrs ago Crude oil was $51/barrel

1yr ago Crude oil was $63/barrel

Today Crude oil is $132/barrel

And you wonder why you are getting annoyed that the pump price is going up so quickly, the cost of the product has more than doubled in the last 1yr yet the retail price has gone up by only 50% - think yourself lucky.

In Denmark we pay 2,64 cent pr. Liter for octan 95.

The worst part of it is... remember..people voted to have the GST brought in...and also knew that the fuel tax would NOT just be a %10 GST but would remain at an unbelievable %52 ( or there abouts)....I hardy drive these days...I am lucky I work from home and dont need to....what I cant believe is that others.. those that have to commute or drive for a living...are not talking up arms and maching in the streets.....now the federal govenment has a multi billion dollar surplus ..they seem to have enought money to help invade other countries...buy 20 million dollar planes...and all other manner of crap...but dont seem to have enought to lower fuel tax so normal Australians can stop from going down the tubes...were heading the way of the US...and it will keep on getting worse untill people start to do something about it..

My suggestion: Pick a fuel comapany..lets say..Caltex... boycote them until they lower their price...use our power to FORCE them to lower prices...any sugestions for a start date?

Edited by bluesky4me

In New Zealand I am paying $2.20 for 98 $130 to fill car.

The cost of extracting one barrell of oil from the ground in Saudi Arabia is less then US$1

Someone is ripping us off.

In New Zealand I am paying $2.20 for 98 $130 to fill car.

Which is au$1.80 which is only about 10c/L more than here in Sydney.