SAU Community

Need Power Steering Hose's

boostn0199

Hi, I need to replace the two power steering hoses that run from the power steering expansion and I was quoted by nissan 96$ for 1 and 27$ for the other I was wondering if anyone would know if theres anywhere else I could purchase them from. thanks.

Any automotive store will do them. Nissan is overpriced on a lot of items unless your getting the parts for cost.

Just go to a repco/ autopro/ autobahn even a workshop and they will be able to help you out. Most workshops will have it there for reasonable prices.

$123 for the pair, is that unreasonable? Could be a lot worse, I paid more than that for genuine radiator hoses.

You could try regular straight pwr steer hose if the bends are not too tight.

If it were me i'd buy the nissan hoses.

powersteer hoses dont really need the specific bends they have, but the sizes of generic dont exactly match with the nissan piping. but can be done easily

remove your old hose - go to enzed pirtek and get them to match the internal dimensions of the existing hoses.

Sounds like your local auto stores are dropkicks. I have purchased these hoses from them before - unless "city" stores don't stock piping nor order it in.

Do as Craved said. Or alternativly take the piping into a workshop and get them to match some up.

Does anyone know the ID of the Power steering hoses on a R33 gtst? and can they be replaced with braided teflon lines? I'll have a lot of AN8, 16 and 20 left over from my set up and I'll have to relocate the p/s bottle near the rad support if I can use the left over braided stuff that would be great.

from memory the larger hose is close to -10

the smaller one, might be -8 ish, but i think its smaller than that.

and you'll want it close too since braid line wont compress as much as straight rubber.

nuh i no that but i no in a lot of newer cars today the certain hose on a power steer sytem the high pressure hose its specially shaped and all that its the hoses that go to the rak?? just wonderin cause usually its specific if im makin sence :P

Some PS systems can see 800-1000psi, most of the braids are around 1500psi burst pressure. I don't think AN braid hose fittings will take that though. I believed that you need fittings crimped on professionally, like brake lines.

If your simply moving the PS reservoir though and are talking the vacuum pump feed, and (slightly) pressurized return lines, AN fittings would be well fine.

• 2 weeks later...

The two nissan labelled part numbers are the return and suction hoses off a R33 S2. Mine was badly leaking as well, so i ordered them off Nissan.

post-48477-1214309586_thumb.jpg

• 11 years later...

I'm not bumping this thread to be a jackass, It's just I'm having difficulty finding the exact sizes of the fittings/Thread type for the power steering system in the R34.  Specific to the R34GTT.    I can make my own hoses, but need to know all of the fittings so I can make a custom power steering system (similar to the circuit sports kit they sell for S chassis)  

When I search for the thread/fitting information, I get threads like this from way back in the day.     I admire forums, but it would be nice if things were run a little better, much like the Subaru forums where they have indexes that pop up in search engines first instead of a bunch of dummies (like myself) asking questions.  

Can someone point me to the correct information, or state it here for future generations.  Once these cars become legal in the US you admin are going to have a lot of repeat questions.  

Thanks for any help.

Edited by walperstyle

Also, if you want to save money working on future project cars;  the Kool Tools hose/vice/kit/thingy is amazing.  I made all my turbo lines using these vice-friendly devices.    It allows you to easily put in a vice and install your hose into fittings.  

kool.jpg

More Specific, I'm looking to find an AN fitting for what's in the circle, and also for that other hose.   If anyone makes a kit, cool, but otherwise, I'd like to know how I can get a -10 directly on the pump.

R34POWERSTEERINGSYSTEM.jpg

See this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyHh2-UdCro

Then follow the advice therein to look into the 490 series hose and fittings. If there is no fitting available from that source (Speedflow, I think) then there is probably nothing. In which case your options narrow down to trying to TIG an AN end onto the end of the Nissan fitting, or remaking that fitting in steel (I mean outright fabrication which is not actually that hard if you've got access to the right metalworking gear) and making the new fitting have a male BSP or NPT thread on it so you can simply screw an AN fitting on.