SAU Community

Sauwa Gokart Endurance Race

R DIRTY 3

SAUWA GO-KART Endurance Race

"Sponsored by Black Sun Imports"

What: Go Kart Endurance Race

When: Saturday 16 of August. 6pm drivers briefing

Where: Wanneroo International KArt Track (Wattle Road, Wanneroo)

How Much: $200 per Kart (So with 2 drivers, $100 per driver)

Guys / Girls,

Following a successful day of Karting over the long weekend just gone, Mike and I have decided to run an SAUWA Karting event at the Wanneroo International Karting Track. (NOT WANNEROO RACE WAY)

It will be a teams event with a minimum of 2 people per team, with a maximum of 12 teams, so spots will be limited. But please feel free to come out and be a spectator and slag and generally have a good time at the drivers expense.

The race will be a Le Mans start, and then into an hour (1) endurance race.

Teams will require a driver change through out the event. The event is about seeing who completes the most laps over the hour. So in order to finish first, first you must finish.

These karts are the twin engine Pro-Karts and not your ordinary hire karts, Top Speed is close to 100KMH, and I think Mike and I managed a 96.8 KMH trap speed. So we are looking for keen drivers that are interested in a bit of competition as well as a social fun day out

Team numbers will be limited to 12, however as many drivers as you want per team. This will also have an effect on your driving time as well if you have more than 2 drivers.

Teams will be competing not only for forum bragging rights, but Trophies that will be presented at completion of the race by our event sponsor, our good friends "Black Sun Imports" , for 1st (Mike & Bard) 2nd & 3rd and depending on the success we will push for this to be an annual event.

Now the serious bits!!

Firstly each team will need to place a credit card down on the day of racing to cover their Kart in case of damages. Now I know that this sounds off putting, but seeing as these are the Pro-Karts it is the only way around of driving them without having a CAMs kart licence. (No clean, smooth driver has ever had any damage, isnt that right NIGE :) )

Payment for the day must be made in full ($200 per Kart) within 1 week of you booking, to me via the bank account details he will give you once you PM to confirm your spot. If bank transfer is not possible for you, contact me and we can make alternative arrangements.

NO BOOKING WILL BE TAKEN WITHOUT A PM TO ME

And once numbers are confirmed, bookings will no longer be taken.

In the event of a no show or cancellation before a weeks notice a 50% loss of monies will be incurred , as numbers need to be exact for SAUWA to get the group booking.

SAUWA will booking the event for a Saturday 16th of August 2008

Start time of 6pm or 1800 for drivers briefing. Late entrants will not be allowed to race.

Your Requirements:

Bring your own full faced helmet if you want, (they do have helmets available to borrow )

Long shirt / t-shirt and pants as well as closed in shoes (sneakers) is a must.

Teams will require a Team Name and a list of Drivers,

And contact details that can be sent via PM(Contact Details).

CONFIRMED ENTRANTS:

1. Team 'Ram-Rod' (Mike and Bard) (PAID1)

2. Team 'With Benefits' (Matt and LyEll) (PAID2)

3. Team "WTFGTFO" (Bevis and Butthead)

4. Team 'Black Sun' (Nige and co)

5. Team 'Green Wang Pump'(Scott and Mark)

6. Team 'LULWUT' (Ryan and Karl) (PAID2)

7. Team 'INFAPAZ_TT' (Tom and Tristran) (PAID2)

8. Team 'BK' (Kelvin and Bernard) (PAID2)

9. Team 'Monkey Magic' (Yann and Simon)

10. Team 'Tisfosi Racing' (Mark and Anthony) (PAID2)

11. Team 'Skidskid' (Sam and Dad) (PAID2)

12. Team 'From Bunno' (Bart and Co)

Edited by R DIRTY 3

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As posted above, due to an over commitment from the Kart track we have been asked to book another date.

Date and time has changed!

Be aware of this.

NEW TIME IS NOW

16th August

6.00pm

Edited by R DIRTY 3